Velvet Vapors Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydlie

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Let me start out by saying that I'm new to vaping (about one week in) so my reviews here are pretty much unsteeped. I am steeping everything that's left in the bottles and can give 2/3 reviews after 3 days of steeping, if that counts for much.

All Reviews are for PG-Free juice.

1. Butterscotch: Delicious! Tasted just like the little round yellow candies my grandmother used to give me! This has been my main vape since I opened it, and it was good right out of the bottle. I've refilled once after 3 days of steeping & there was a definite improvement, the flavor was more full-bodied, I really enjoy this one.
1a. Side note: In my sample pack, I'd also ordered the Chocolate Caramel without realizing that it's not PG-Free (I've had such bad luck with PG that without finding such great information on this community, I would have given up on vaping.) Regardless, when it arrived, it was accidentally sent in too high of a nic strength so I figured I'd donate it to a friend until this morning when I thought a little more nicotine might be nice, so I mixed a couple drops into my tank of butterscotch. The taste was amazing and were it not for the sore throat & mouth that I got after a few minutes, I'd have been mixing that up all the time!
2. Root Beer Float: I'm blown away that this tastes so real, I thought it would be more like those root beer barrel candies you'd get at Halloween, but instead it tastes like A&W! I even had my husband, who loves root beer floats, try it & he was impressed.
3. Mango: I broke into this one today to replace the mix I had with some PG, so it had steeped 3 days before I ever touched it. I'm a big fan of Indian food & this tastes just like a mango lassi to me, which is amazing because when I'd opened the bottle to steep it, I thought it had an alcohol smell to it & was worried I wouldn't like it. I'll be vaping this one until my next set of juices come in (I have another sample pack ordered with Velvet Vapors & a couple small bottles coming from Virgin Vapors soon.)

I have one more sample steeping, Organic Blackberry, and I'm really looking forward to it, but for now I'm trying to keep my hands off!

Sydlie

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Nice...the Butterscoth sounds really tastey to me! I like your Avitar!

Thanks, my dog was less than thrilled with it ;)

I forgot to add that they included an extra trial bottle of Green Apple, which I haven't tried yet either. I don't like Green Apple candy, so I just tossed it in my box o'juices & forgot about it, but with this mango actually tasting like real mangoes, I'm realizing that I'll have to give the Green Apple a try!

Sydlie

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for the review Sydlie! I started vaping about a week ago myself. My first shipment of juices is on the way from Virgin Vapors and i'll be sure to order from Velvet as well!
What type of PV are you using? I've just ordered an Ego 510 and hope its a good set up for 100% VG.

I just recently got hooked on Virgin Vapors, myself, the nicest part is that Annette will thin your juice for you if you ask in the comments section (if she hasn't shipped it yet, it's not to late to email her & ask.) With the Velvet Vapors, I have to thin the juice with a couple drop of distiled water, but with Virgin Vapors, I just fill up a Bud Sapphire (I just discovered them & now I'm crazy about them!) and go. They hold just about 1ml of fluid & since I have a tendency to switch from carto to carto, it seems that one fill up lasts me quite awhile.

Good luck!

Rannar

Apr 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Velvet Vaper was my first vendor when I started vaping. I've tried lots of juice from them. Most of the flavor came in 3ml sample bottle. Some are good, some are bad, but I fell in love in one flavor. I have narrowed my juice down to Banana Extra 100% VG. After ordering and vaping Banana from VelVape, I ventured on to try other banana flavor from other vendors: Ms. T Bakery, Copper Creek, and AVE. I'm on the limbo with Copper Creek and VelVape banana flavor. However, since VelVapor was my first vendor, this is when I have to say, "love at first sight." So banana from VelVape will be my #1 juice.

One the side note, the banana juice from VelVape is pretty acidic. When you order their banana juice, make sure you transfer the juice in to a glass bottle. One time I left the juice in their plastic bottle for over a month. The juice turned really thick and dark, and it tasted like plastic,.... and, if you use tank on your hardware, use glass tank instead of plastic. The plastic reacts badly with the juice making it fog and crack the tank quick.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
I have been ordering from Kat for a couple years, as I vape on and off (quit vaping and smoking for a while, then went back to analogs, now back to vaping), and she is top notch when it come to customer service and product quality. I tried the organic VGs a little over a year ago and I was NOT a fan; she replaced them with regular VGs at no cost to me. I think I may have paid the shipping, but I don't remember. I turned my fiance onto vaping about a month ago because we were both on analogs and I HATED it; he now loves vaping (we have eGo-Cs) and loves Velvet Vapors. Our favorites are the Blueberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Strawberry (not PG-free, but I deal with it), and the Strawberry Cheesecake. Right now, I am vaping the Walnut Ice Cream (not sure if it's PG-free, I'm feeling sore but I woke up feeling that way this morning so I can't be sure that it's from the liquid) and it is HEAVENLY. Just the right amount of sweet creaminess without being overpowering, the perfect amount of flavor, and lots of cloudy vapor :) We both love VV and will stick with it as long as we are vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread