• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

vendor out of stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ puff ~

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2012
calgary
weeks ago, canvape ran out of stock of something I use a lot to vape. They waited ~~ and I waited ~~ an awful long time for the precious cargo to arrive...

up til now, I've been rather spoiled: whatever I wanted to order, canvape had on hand.

but this waiting FOREVER used up my spare supply and I ended up smoking stinkies for 5 weeks.

canvape finally got the goods, I ordered but now it's another wait for vape mail.

don't get me wrong lol the end is in sight, I can almost taste my favorite strawberry juice lol

but even as I ordered 1 thing, another thing went out of stock... sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come

~ puff ~

ps promise i'll be less cranky when I got a good puff on hand

oh yeah, and what a way to welcome the newbie dude at canvape ~~ bet he's EXHAUSTED at the end of the day:blush:

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Definitely plan ahead, definitely diversify.

It's cool if you count on Canvape (I had a great experience them over the past week), but don't COUNT on Canvape, you know? Not because the won't deliver, but because...well, sometimes, they can't deliver.

Two weeks into my quit, I nearly ran out of the juice I happened to like. I actually made a crazy detour on my lunch hour at the office to go to a vendor I'd never shopped at (sadly, stereotypical B&M, jacked prices, mall stand), after calling around, to pick it up. Within 48 hours I had placed my first orders at Jugheads, with Funky Vapes, and two gear dealers. Now I'm stocked up on juice for at least three months (even if means dipping into my 'B Stock,' and have backups of my backups. Not gonna happen again.

~ puff ~

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2012
calgary
Definitely plan ahead, definitely diversify.

It's cool if you count on Canvape (I had a great experience them over the past week), but don't COUNT on Canvape, you know? Not because the won't deliver, but because...well, sometimes, they can't deliver.

Two weeks into my quit, I nearly ran out of the juice I happened to like. I actually made a crazy detour on my lunch hour at the office to go to a vendor I'd never shopped at (sadly, stereotypical B&M, jacked prices, mall stand), after calling around, to pick it up. Within 48 hours I had placed my first orders at Jugheads, with Funky Vapes, and two gear dealers. Now I'm stocked up on juice for at least three months (even if means dipping into my 'B Stock,' and have backups of my backups. Not gonna happen again.

...the waiting is making me crazy but if I ever come to my senses lol, i'm gonna arrange it so this ain't gonna happen again!

sheesh :blush::vapor::evil:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I fully expect things to get worse before they improve (if they improve). Vendors are finding it increasingly difficult to get stock through customs. Especially when it comes to ejuice and ejuice supplies. Many vendors are seeing every other order kicked back at customs.

If you aren't thinking about DIY now, it's something you should definitely start thinking about and soon. Stock up and start learning how to make your own juice. Especially if the deeming regulations from the FDA attempt to implement draconian measures as far as e-cigs go. Because if that happens, Health Canada is going to lock step right behind them.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Should try getting to know your vendors. They're all sweating it. A kicked back shipment may result in more delays as now you have funds tied up in a shipment you're never going to see. The supplier will most likely try to ship again or refund, but until that happens, that's money you don't see. And you're out the shipping either way.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I fully expect things to get worse before they improve (if they improve). Vendors are finding it increasingly difficult to get stock through customs. Especially when it comes to ejuice and ejuice supplies. Many vendors are seeing every other order kicked back at customs.

If you aren't thinking about DIY now, it's something you should definitely start thinking about and soon. Stock up and start learning how to make your own juice. Especially if the deeming regulations from the FDA attempt to implement draconian measures as far as e-cigs go. Because if that happens, Health Canada is going to lock step right behind them.

Agreed for the most part, but HC well probably go somewhere in between what the EU has done and what FDA may do, we are a sovereign nation after all, lol.

Stocked and ready baby....... I've been known to be wrong.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Agreed for the most part, but HC well probably go somewhere in between what the EU has done and what FDA may do, we are a sovereign nation after all, lol.

If Health Canada had any intention of relaxing their rules on ejuice, we'd have seen some sign that this will happen by now. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see them take a novel approach that relaxes the rules, but I honestly don't see this happening. Too many preconceived notions and FAR too much bogus information out there posing as bona fide studies.

The only way I see this changing is if Ottawa finds a way to tax the bejeebers out of it. Then you'll see the flood gates open as the $$$ flows into the government coffers.

~ puff ~

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2012
calgary
If Health Canada had any intention of relaxing their rules on ejuice, we'd have seen some sign that this will happen by now. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see them take a novel approach that relaxes the rules, but I honestly don't see this happening. Too many preconceived notions and FAR too much bogus information out there posing as bona fide studies.

The only way I see this changing is if Ottawa finds a way to tax the bejeebers out of it. Then you'll see the flood gates open as the $$$ flows into the government coffers.

you raise(?) some good points I never thought about ~~ I've read a few blips here and there, like taxing vapes way more than stinkies and raising the prices we pay by ridiculous amounts... at the end of the day, I hope I can continue to get the supplies I need in order to vape affordably :toast:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I was at a b&m store here in Ontario last week and was told by the owner HC has relaxed ejuice shipments from the USA. For personal use only if the shipment is large enough to be considered for selling to others it will be sent back to the sender

Ordering 3 bottles now crossing my fingers.

Greetings; Progress not perfection, right?

Hope you'll follow up in this thread and say how it went with the shipment.

Regards
Glenn

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto

Again I agree with your sentiment, the dollars well eventually speak loud, where not talking about an elicit substance like u know what and would cause a boondoggle, cause of past history. Ie alcohol.

Nicotine in vape form has many potential tax dollars in it, and not the same stigma attached to it. HC believes it has a handle on this situation and are comfortable at time being.

They well tax it and age limit it, flavors restrict it this well quell the ANTZ, mostly and the unknowing, and sate Vapers to a point win win for HC

U read it here...... More news at 11. Lol

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I remember when smokes practically doubled overnight here in Canada (Gov.Tax caused them to spike from $25 to $55 per carton) ... HC said, the reason for the drastic price hike was to get folks to quit smoking. However they knew ... quitting is not easy, no matter how high the price goes. I can already foresee the future ... HC and BT will own the Vape Industry in Canada ... they just haven't figured out how to hijack it yet ... similar to LCBO ... VCBO is coming. :evil:

I had a guy who delivered Premium Player's Light cartons for $25 each to your house. These were the exact same branded smokes, except they were smuggled through the Indian reserves tax free (this was even before the DK cartons @ $15).

Now there are big time tobacco companies on the reserves totally immersed in the tobacco industry ... with the Health warning pictures and deep deep pockets :2cool:

Wolffy

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Alberta, Canada
You have to love how the Canadian Government got a whole bunch of tobacco farmers to switch to another crop (with subsidy) and the next year the remaining tobacco farmers got huge contracts to fill for tobacco exports to China. So I guess it's OK to tax the hell oput of Canadians to get them to quit but it fine to sell the same toxic product to China for profit.

What comes to mind here... hypocrite? Nah! Canada is a friendly country that loves the rest of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread