Vendor whos juice doesn't contain acetyl propionyl, acetoin, or diacetyl?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I see that some have some experience with this vendor but I have not tried them so I cant attest to the flavors. I did think the site was interesting because almost everyone these days is addressing peoples concerns about diacetyl but not addressing concerns over diacetyl substitutes, which also may pose health concerns of their own or similar to diacetyl. I have no doubt the substitutes are commonly used in flavorings. Not everyone is concerned, but for those who are these may be good finds. They claim to create their flavors in house, so I would hope that they would have accurate knowledge of whats in it. This is the second vendor that Ive seen that even mentions other diketones besides diacetly at all. Not that those 3 are the only red flags I'm sure, but its nice to see.

http://indigovaporcraftingourejuice.blogspot.com

Anyway, if youve tried them Id like to know if you enjoyed them or not.

Here is the other one I saw a while ago, though not in house flavors...

A quick note about our eLiquid...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
zelphie,

All vendors use flavoring. Alll flavoring comes from a small 1/2 dozen major flavoring companies.

There are some flavors that contain diacetyls and those are flagged on the flavoring sites.
There are some flavors that no longer contain diacetyls, but in order to produce the same buttery milky taste, the diaceytls will be replaced and probably with something that will produce acetoins.

From my small understanding of this, if you are REALLY concerned about any of this stuff, the best vendor is yourself. DIY everything, and use flavorings that you feel comfortable with.

I myself won't even vape anything with dyes so......

Short of finding a vendor who can provide a full laboratory report on their juice, right now I don't know of any, then you are kinda in the dark.

VERY FEW juice vendors are using flavors with diacetyls because most flavoring companies have flagged them as rather "unsuitable" for vaping.

But that does not mean you aren't getting other stuff you may not like.

Again, for any of us super duper "i have to have the cleanest vape possible" people, DIY is the only way to go.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
On the other hand, IF you can find a juice vendor who, short of having to give out "trade secrets", can answer your questions in full, as many as you can throw at them.......then stick with them, by all means.

There ARE some members who have been able to accomplish this. that's all I know. :)

Also understand that flavorings designated as GRAS pertains to injestion, not inhaling them.

Do a search on ECF on your buzzwords, then spend a few days reading. That is the only way I learned what I learned.

The links you provided look good to me, but I don't have a lab report so........

Last edited:

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
We don't use Diacetyl.

We don't use Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin.

We do not use Diacetyl (butanedione or 2,3-butanedione),Acetoin (3-hydroxybutanone or acetyl methyl carbinol), or Acetyl Propionyl (2,3-Pentanedione)

Akkk! The list of "ingredients" is getting longer everyday. Not to mention many flavor ingredients are extracted using hexane and other solvents that may leave residue.

It's why I switched to unflavored.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Yes thats correct about diacetyl substitutes and that the majority of vendors use the same flavoring companies.
Because they say they manufacture their own flavors I wondered why/how they would claim this and if it could be true for any flavors.

Even if its naturally extracted flavor and not just adding vendor purchased flavor ( natural or artificial) to nic juice, all kinds of things from coffee, tea, and fruit naturally contains diketones, not just butter and dairy types, and thats even if they dont add any additional flavorings after they mix it. So yeah they can claim that "it doesnt contain whatever" because it wasnt added after the fact.

But there are a few vendors who make their own flavors in their own lab, and I use one that uses only the flavor they manufacture, but the same rules of flavor chemistry apply, and Im sure its not being removed from natural extractions.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

It's surprising just how many vapers DO vape unflavored.

Of course, if it means going back to analogs, or taking chances with flavors, I think it's a no-brainer though. :)

I am deeply committed to never having an analog again, so I could probably vape unflavored and be fine with it --- but I am also not one who is teetering on the edge of giving in and having an analog.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
We don't use Diacetyl.

We don't use Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl or Acetoin.

We do not use Diacetyl (butanedione or 2,3-butanedione),Acetoin (3-hydroxybutanone or acetyl methyl carbinol), or Acetyl Propionyl (2,3-Pentanedione)

Akkk! The list of "ingredients" is getting longer everyday. Not to mention many flavor ingredients are extracted using hexane and other solvents that may leave residue.

wow congrads on going unflavored. I can't do that. Do you have an updated list of things to look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread