Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
the_vape_nerd:10068223 said:
have any of you guys considered the idea that steeping is just all in yer heads?

i've gone ahead and done a few blind tests with my eyes closed with steeped juice versus non-steeped juice on the same equipment with my wife firing the devices for me, and on about 20 juices i could only tell the difference in one of them

this was a rather complex naturally extracted tobacco

i think steeping is way overblown

I used to think that too when i first started vaping, but as my palette developed for the flavors and i started buying higher end juices instead of cheap simple one note flavors, i see what people were saying about steeping. With some juices it makes them better, more natural tasting, some it's like night and day. It turns into completely different flavors sometimes. Definitely not a figment of my imagination. I will say this, all steeping isn't good, I've noticed a couple flavors that were better and fresher tasting before they steeped

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Ahlusion is (slowly,slowly :D) beginning to offer a smallish menu of pre-steeped juices, called the "Xpress Line." So far the only one I know for a fact is available in that line is Jump 'n'Jive, which is a cherry-lime juice.

NiteLiteVapor is made in huge batches and is pre-steeped; Halo seems to be fairly well steeped (although the company itself sends a card with its juice advising that the flavor will change SIGNIFICANTLY after about 24-48 hours).

Many of the juices in my rotation I can vape walking back from the mailbox with them, and the ones that do need steeping don't really need more than a week. I have had a handful of juices I've tried over the last two years that needed longer than that, but they're more the exception than the rule. I won't say steeping is overblown, but I think a lot of people carry it too far.

Very informative, I am just curious how can one tell the difference between those that are ok as is and those that need to be steeped ?
I like those that are saying it's overblown, that's one less thing I need to consume myself with....so much to learn.:)

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Very informative, I am just curious how can one tell the difference between those that are ok as is and those that need to be steeped ?
I like those that are saying it's overblown, that's one less thing I need to consume myself with....so much to learn.:)

My simple rule of thumb.... Try everything right out of the mail. If it tastes good... vape it up. If it tastes off, give it a week or two to try again before you decide is sucks or toss it.

80% of the juice I've tried has been great out of the mail (or as great as it's ever gonna be). 19% tasted like perfume at first but were then good to great after a week or two. 1% was unvapable to me (despite steeping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread