The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vendors

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Dwayzo, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dwayzo

Dwayzo Full Member Verified Member

I have never done a DIY but am very interested. What are good places to get chemicals and flavors?

2. GrannyM

GrannyM Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
  3. Dwayzo

Sweet. Thanks. Hopefully I don't kill myself doing it.

4. bentandshallow

bentandshallow Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Muscle Shoals Al
  5. Buggs5347

Buggs5347 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Arizona
    I've had good luck with Vaping Zones Super Concentrates. 12 drops to a 10mL bottle of plain nic juice.

6. 18SixFifty

18SixFifty Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Michigan
  7. Sandiej02

Sandiej02 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2010
    California Coast
    Ha,ha ... You can always do it like I do (a simple way).​

My Recommendations:

You can always start by going to Wizard Labs and ordering your supplies ... their products are great and prices inexpensive (you can "branch out" from there if you want, for different flavor brands). You'll need some nicotine, pg/vg, flavors, and a few syringes. (Just don't order a "strong" nicotine to start with ... I get 24mg and end up with 12mg). Don't forget you'll also need some bottles (make sure you also get some 5ml bottles for your "test juices").

Then search the forum for some recipes that sound good to you (do this before you order flavors - or you'll probably end up needing to place an additional order!) :blush:

Use a good juice calculator (I use eJuiceMeUp - it's great) and MIX UP SOME JUICE! (I'd make small batches first to make sure you like your creation). Just be careful not to knock over your DIY supplies while you work, and keep it away from any pets or children. :ohmy:

There's plenty of great information on the forum. There's also Hoosier's blogs, too.

Good Luck, and have fun! :)

PS All of the vendors mentioned above are also great ones! I've also used them all. :thumb:

8. RedMoxy69

RedMoxy69 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Palm Springs, Florida
    The Perfumer's Apprentice

9. 317Vapers

317Vapers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Indiana
    I ordered my first supply from wizard labs and had a great selection at good pricing. I will be buying there in the future!

10. Dwayzo

Thanks. Yeah my confusion looking at the sites is which level of nicotine to order. They have so many options. At the moment I vape 15mg. 12 dosen't sound to bad to be my next step down. I would love to be OK with 8 at some point. I think I'm doing well when I consider last week I was vaping 24mg.

Guy at work keeps saying to get premixed VG/PG/Nic. Tho I am not convinced that's the best way to go.... There seems to be something about being hands on thru most of the process.

11. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
  12. Dwayzo

When it says its diluted in a base liquid. I assume that means its premixed? All I would do is add flavor?

13. Dwayzo

I'm talking on wizard labs FYI.

14. Dwayzo

While I'm at it. What's the difference between LA and TFA?

15. BakuPeg

BakuPeg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Gainesville, Ga
    When you buy nicotine it will be in a base liquid. Many people go with 100% pg. or go with the mix that is close to their final mix. I always get 50/50.

Whenever you add *ANYTHING* to your nic base you will be diluting it. This is why we use calculators when we mix. I would suggest you buy a nic base a little higher than what you vape. Also buy some PG and VG.

LA = Loranne, It is a flavor company
    TPA = The Flavor's Apprentice. It is a different flavor company.

Read all the stickies up at the top of the forum. This one is very helpful
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/74109-guide-diy-flavoring.html

Here are some recipes E-Liquid Recipes

16. Dwayzo

17. Sandiej02

Sandiej02 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2010
    California Coast

Also ... when you're looking for some great Vanilla flavors (besides Bavarian Cream, Capella's NY Cheesecake and Vanilla Custard, which to me are all "staples") ... remember to try TFA Vanilla Swirl and DIYFlavorshack's Holy Vanilla! Excellent! :)

18. Dwayzo

Yeah I added a few of the cheese cakes to my cart.

19. Dwayzo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.