The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Verified Member Explained With More Detail (FAQ included)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by j0ker, Jun 13, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    maybe resend the ebay message? :?:

2. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Logically, now that everyone has seen the qualifying response, an alternate phrase needs to be sent and responded to. One would expect this to have been part of j0ker's 1/8/2018 reply, but no. o_O

3. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I have a hunch as to what is going on, but will withhold comment pending outcome. Suffice to say, I'm not driving around the world turning left... ;)

4. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Imagine my surprise when I logged on to find that I'm still not a verified member. o_O

5. tiburonfirst

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    you shouldn't have been ;) j0ker verifies only on sunday nights :?:

6. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    We'll see what happens come Monday morning. Like I said, eBay confirmed that my reply was sent and received by eBay member "dejoker".

7. tiburonfirst

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
  8. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    A beautiful Monday morning! Time to see if I'm verified yet... Nope! Hmm? My cousin said to me; "Maybe this j0ker person is one of these SJW types, and didn't like you ANTIFA comment?" I sort of laughed at that, but when one considers the recent exploits at Google and Twitter... Something to consider anyway.

9. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    j0ker is a very busy individual and sometimes real life gets in the way of him doing the verifications. Patience grasshopper.

10. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Did you resend the response he is expecting the 2nd time, given the fact he says he did not receive it? Don't think it would hurt anything.
    :)

11. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I cannot just re-send a response, as eBay messaging does not give me that option. Also, I should not have to ask a 2nd time. J0ker said that no response was received which according to eBay is not the case. As a common courtesy, j0ker should have resent a new verification phrase, not just state the obvious and ignore me. Whatever... To V*pers Underground I go! :toast:

12. JoshAubrey

JoshAubrey Full Member Verified Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Joplin, MO
    @jcoopercam

I'm still waiting too if it makes you feel any better! Ready to get down on some classifieds!

13. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'll bet if I were a contributing member I'd be verified by now. I've been a member here longer than most, so...

14. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    And you would be wrong. Again, there are times when j0ker gets swamped with real life things and doesn't get to verifications on Sundays.

15. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Whatever... I handle situations differently, but that's just me.

16. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast

I don't know if you are aware but you are not allowed to share private messages on the forum. My personal contact page is in that email and I'd prefer it not be shared publicly. I removed the offending link.

As far as me rectifying the issue, there is nothing I can do to view something I never received but you could take 30 seconds and resend it.

17. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast

Let me retract my last post. Don't bother resending or replying. I've deleted your request.

18. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I got verified...thank you!

19. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Your first reply this morning (1/22/2018) was "Why don't you just re-send the reply", then you decided to change it to the above... Why?

As I have already stated, I cannot reply to an eBay message that is not in my eBay "received" folder. I can only view my reply to you. You would need to re-send the same (or new) confirmation phrase to my eBay messaging. If you send a new request, I will reply a second time.

"I've deleted your request"? Your revised reply has as a sort of 'I'm taking my ball and going home' ring to it... If I'm wrong, please clarify.

20. jcoopercam

Dec 29, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    :facepalm: ...and with his comment, I suddenly found myself transported back to my first day of kindergarten.