The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

veritas, magma or trident for iStick?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by miroko, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Hey guys,

Recently, I bought the Big Driper and the Magma.

They are my first rda's and right now I don't even think going back to tanks, that's how happy I am.

Tried the Big Driper first and I am in love, he goes with me everywhere. Yesterday I was going to try the Magma and the positive pin was broken, I called to my supplier and he told me that he will replace it but I will have to wait 1 to 2 weeks because he run out of stock, yet, he proposed to send me other RDA to my liking.

That's why I am here, since I have the opportunity to chose other RDA I would like to have your opinions in this matter since I'm a newbie.

I've been reading a lot about rda's, and I came with these 3 ( the ones in the tittle), but I can't decide if I just wait and stick with the magma or go with one of the others.

I'm mainly interested in flavor I don't want to sub-hom , and I have a iStick. ( the difficult of building is relative since electronics it's one of my hobbies, I'm used to work with very tinny pieces).

So, which should I order given my preferences and the power of my device. ( I like single coil, and run 1.3 ohm in the big driper at 15 W ).

Thanks in advance.

2. friediceman

friediceman Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Indiana, USA
    How do you like your Big Dripper? Did you get the authentic or the clone? Any leaking issues?

3. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I have a clone, the holes on the deck are miss aligned, but that's OK for me 2 of them are in the right place , and tbh I only need one as I run only single coil.
    I got the tobeco for 12USD ( 9.5 €)

Other then the holes miss align everything works flawless, no leakings trough the air flow holes, no leakings from the top ( when you pump the juice) , I usually fill with 4ml.
    Threads are smoth, and the only mod I did ( if I can call it a mod, lol) was using some duck tape to cover the second airflow hole, since I use single coil.

Ho, and no leakings when in pocket ( I close the airflow holes when in pocket)
    Very happy with it for the price I paid.

4. friediceman

friediceman Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Indiana, USA
    Good to know, thanks for the info! I just developed an interest in this device and doing a lot of research on it.

5. wildebeest

wildebeest Full Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Bloomington, IL
    I do the same thing except I use the sticky part of a band aide. It will have less residue to scrape off when I clean it.

6. Nightshard

Nightshard Super Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Israel
    Out of the 3 the magma will function better at low wattage.

7. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Thanks. I guess I will buy the magma tomorrow on a store nearby and order the trident or the veritas ( I'm very impacient lol)

Between veritas and tridend, which one it's better for low wattage in your opinion?

8. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    You can put a 1.5ohm coil on the magma and run at 20W and its a nice vape. I have it on a mech now at 0.7ohm, but when I was running it regulated I used the 1.5ohm coil.

9. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Yeah, I tried other kinds of mats, but I stick with the duck tape because it's almost invisible, unless you are real close you can't tell there is a tape :)

10. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Thanks, I was watching a rip trippers review about the trident and he is running it with a provari at low volts, i guess I will ask for the trident as a replacement and tomorrow morning will buy the magma (infinity) at a local shop.

Will get the veritas once I got a more powerfull device, evebody is saying that the veritas is a flavor monster.....oh man, I got into vaping because I thought I could save some money....turns out I was so wrong, the money flys from my pockets :(

11. sclobernocker47

sclobernocker47 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Providence, RI
    I love my veritas. Its not as easy to build on, but its not too hard. Flavor is the best I've had.

12. miroko

miroko Senior Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    But you need high wattage for it to perform at that level right?

My problem is I only have a e-vic and the iStick right now, I've ordered a dna30 from fasttech but will only be here in a month ( not shipped yet :S ).

So, no point in getting a atty that will need more than 20w to perform great.

13. sclobernocker47

sclobernocker47 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Providence, RI
    Ah, ya, if your stuck umder 15 watts your better off sticking with a carto. Kanger Aerotank or Nautilus Aspire are good ones. Once you get tge DNA 30 you can take the training wheels off and go with an RDA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.