ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
They cannot without violating federal regs regarding privacy and mail. That said, Arkansas passed similar legislation several years ago and MANY online retailers refuse to ship to Arkansas due to this.
If that’s the case, at least there’s hope some may look the other way. I just started finding some juicery’s that I like.
This really puts a hurting on anyone who vapes here. There aren’t that many shops, so choices are going to be scant. I went into a B&M thinking I could pick up a couple of things, but what was listed as a vape shop on google maps was really just a head with a couple of odds and ends.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
As I mentioned before, I think Canada will soon be the prime retailer for a lot of the United States of Freedom.

While some states may refuse to ship to Arkansas and Vermont, I doubt a Canadian retailer will care or even be up to date on state restrictions. Technically in Quebec you can't buy nicotine juice online but all of the retailers I know ship there anyways. Mail is a federal service and state agents are not going to be sifting through it.

Plus you benefit from the exchange rate. I pay ~$10/100ml. That's $7.5 freedom bucks to the 100ml.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
As I mentioned before, I think Canada will soon be the prime retailer for a lot of the United States of Freedom.

While some states may refuse to ship to Arkansas and Vermont, I doubt a Canadian retailer will care or even be up to date on state restrictions. Technically in Quebec you can't buy nicotine juice online but all of the retailers I know ship there anyways. Mail is a federal service and state agents are not going to be sifting through it.

Plus you benefit from the exchange rate. I pay ~$10/100ml. That's $7.5 freedom bucks to the 100ml.

I might skip the shipping and do a road trip, Quebec is only about an hour and a half away. No offense to NY and NH, but given the choice I’d rather visit Canada any day.

“freedom bucks”, lmao

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Indiana tried that, a few big vape biz here fought and got it revoked.... unfortunately some sites still won't ship here

We were just lucky. The law was only revoked because the industry players who opposed the law were able to expose the corruption behind it, not because of the merits of their case. I think.

Right now only a handful of States have done this. It won't have an effect on the national marketplace until a significant number of States do it.

I haven't seen any reports on changes in vaping or smoking rates where they have clamped down this way, Probably wouldn't affect teen vaping since Juul and so forth have been mostly bought over the counter. Making them easier to tax.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
They cannot without violating federal regs regarding privacy and mail. That said, Arkansas passed similar legislation several years ago and MANY online retailers refuse to ship to Arkansas due to this.

I heard they were worried about sting orders rather than interference with the mail. They could be sued for a bunch of money if they were caught.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I guess Kentucky is the vape friendliest state to be currently. I have more choices available for juice, mods, tanks and coils than i could ever need. 3 b&m's in my town that ive found so far and i can get any flavor juice that i could want. When i want it. Except when the stores are closed, of course. I tend to shop during business hours so there ya go.

Reactions: Opinionated

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Can they really enforce this?

:mad::mad::mad:

They May. And they May Not.

Either way, I would Imagine if it Passes that it will be Challenged in Court.

Indiana tried that, a few big vape biz here fought and got it revoked.... unfortunately some sites still won't ship here

Where Indiana failed was mainly do to the Extreme Nature and Clearly Monopolistic Intent of the licensing procedure.

If the terms of Vermont's licensing are viewed as Reasonable and Equitable, then this Legislation may hold-up in Court.

Any way you Slice it, the 1st thing to do Now is to get Reps Names Printed with their Contact Information and place them in Vermont B&M and Online sites.

On the Grassroots level, one of the Best ways to pressure a Rep is to plaster His/Her name next to a Yes/No vote for as many people to see.

And when a Rep is Contacted on something like this, people should make it Clear in their Letter/e-Mail that if the Rep replies with a Wishy Washy boilerplate reply, then that will be taken as a "Yes" vote. And this will be consider in Future elections.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This passed in the House, but it has been referred to Senate Committee on Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs. So, it's NOT a done deal yet!

Here is the updated Call to Action from CASAA:
VT - Stop an Online Sales Ban!

If you, or Anyone, has the House Roll Call Votes for H.26, it would be Great to post them.

• Useful

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Any legislator can submit a bill for anything he wants. It can happen as a favor to a campaign contributor. May be his chamber gives him a break and passes it through knowing it won't pass in the other chamber. May be there's a real threat, may be it's an empty provocation. If you worked there and kept up with gossip you'd probably know one way or the other.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I guess Kentucky is the vape friendliest state to be currently. I have more choices available for juice, mods, tanks and coils than i could ever need. 3 b&m's in my town that ive found so far and i can get any flavor juice that i could want. When i want it. Except when the stores are closed, of course. I tend to shop during business hours so there ya go.

Texas is right up there. We only have the standard State sales tax applied and no other restrictions.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any legislator can submit a bill for anything he wants. It can happen as a favor to a campaign contributor. May be his chamber gives him a break and passes it through knowing it won't pass in the other chamber. May be there's a real threat, may be it's an empty provocation. If you worked there and kept up with gossip you'd probably know one way or the other.

Many Times a good benchmark of a House Bill's probability of Passage is how many Co-Authors it has in the Party that holds the Senate.

And, of course, what the Roll Call Vote looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread