The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vermont Internet Sales Ban

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Enso, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Enso

Enso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    Indiana tried that, a few big vape biz here fought and got it revoked.... unfortunately some sites still won't ship here

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    If that’s the case, at least there’s hope some may look the other way. I just started finding some juicery’s that I like.
    This really puts a hurting on anyone who vapes here. There aren’t that many shops, so choices are going to be scant. I went into a B&M thinking I could pick up a couple of things, but what was listed as a vape shop on google maps was really just a head with a couple of odds and ends.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

As I mentioned before, I think Canada will soon be the prime retailer for a lot of the United States of Freedom.

While some states may refuse to ship to Arkansas and Vermont, I doubt a Canadian retailer will care or even be up to date on state restrictions. Technically in Quebec you can't buy nicotine juice online but all of the retailers I know ship there anyways. Mail is a federal service and state agents are not going to be sifting through it.

Plus you benefit from the exchange rate. I pay ~$10/100ml. That's $7.5 freedom bucks to the 100ml.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    damn vaping
    all i see when i go out now are clouds from these young ruffians they things are never out of their mouths it wasn't like this when i was young ban ban ban

the MAN got deals with big tobacco there??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Ben Killeen

Ben Killeen Senior Member

Dec 28, 2018
    Finland (British)
    Finland is and has been for a while now, a none advertising and internet sale baned country for vapes.
    This includes buying premade juice with nicotine or buying from another country anything with nicotine or vape related

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    I might skip the shipping and do a road trip, Quebec is only about an hour and a half away. No offense to NY and NH, but given the choice I’d rather visit Canada any day.

“freedom bucks”, lmao

• Like Like x 6
  9. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    We were just lucky. The law was only revoked because the industry players who opposed the law were able to expose the corruption behind it, not because of the merits of their case. I think.

Right now only a handful of States have done this. It won't have an effect on the national marketplace until a significant number of States do it.

I haven't seen any reports on changes in vaping or smoking rates where they have clamped down this way, Probably wouldn't affect teen vaping since Juul and so forth have been mostly bought over the counter. Making them easier to tax.

• Like Like x 4
  10. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I heard they were worried about sting orders rather than interference with the mail. They could be sued for a bunch of money if they were caught.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I guess Kentucky is the vape friendliest state to be currently. I have more choices available for juice, mods, tanks and coils than i could ever need. 3 b&m's in my town that ive found so far and i can get any flavor juice that i could want. When i want it. Except when the stores are closed, of course. I tend to shop during business hours so there ya go.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    They May. And they May Not.

Either way, I would Imagine if it Passes that it will be Challenged in Court.

Where Indiana failed was mainly do to the Extreme Nature and Clearly Monopolistic Intent of the licensing procedure.

If the terms of Vermont's licensing are viewed as Reasonable and Equitable, then this Legislation may hold-up in Court.

Any way you Slice it, the 1st thing to do Now is to get Reps Names Printed with their Contact Information and place them in Vermont B&M and Online sites.

On the Grassroots level, one of the Best ways to pressure a Rep is to plaster His/Her name next to a Yes/No vote for as many people to see.

And when a Rep is Contacted on something like this, people should make it Clear in their Letter/e-Mail that if the Rep replies with a Wishy Washy boilerplate reply, then that will be taken as a "Yes" vote. And this will be consider in Future elections.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    So much for "Freedom and Unity" in Vermont.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Keep putting those beloved democrats in office!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you, or Anyone, has the House Roll Call Votes for H.26, it would be Great to post them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Any legislator can submit a bill for anything he wants. It can happen as a favor to a campaign contributor. May be his chamber gives him a break and passes it through knowing it won't pass in the other chamber. May be there's a real threat, may be it's an empty provocation. If you worked there and kept up with gossip you'd probably know one way or the other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Texas is right up there. We only have the standard State sales tax applied and no other restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    People are going to have to have friends and family from othervstate send care packages. A better solution would be DIY.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Many Times a good benchmark of a House Bill's probability of Passage is how many Co-Authors it has in the Party that holds the Senate.

And, of course, what the Roll Call Vote looks like.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.