ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Reactions: LaraC

SVrider

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Vermont, USA
I wonder if i will have to pay this tax when i make an order online from another state or china? I get 90% of my liquid and hardware online only going to a local B&M rarely. If it comes to that i will go to New York or i could get some family living in other states to order it for me. Guess i need to start looking into these things :(

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I wonder if i will have to pay this tax when i make an order online from another state or china? I get 90% of my liquid and hardware online only going to a local B&M rarely. If it comes to that i will go to New York or i could get some family living in other states to order it for me. Guess i need to start looking into these things :(
Go to rebuilding and DIY, keep minimal extra supplies, and you can be immune to interference for 10+ years. The list of things you need for that time frame is short and cheap.

P.S. I just noticed my quit timer clicked over last night so I'm not-a-smoker for 18 months--life measured in milliliters.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I only use rba but i have no interest in trying diy again.
If you've tried DIY does that mean you have some supplies? Try diluting a commercial premix you already like. I was successful with 25/75, keeping pg,vg, and nic the same and only diluting the flavoring. Most commercial eliquids are over flavored in my view. If you don't mind the tax then where is the issue? Governments are in a panic over the money. They will restrict our access any way they can.

The problem with taxing e liquid is the cost of liquid nicotine is low compared to the cost of nicotine in cigarette smoke. I was spending $3,000 a year to smoke a carton a week. My cost of ingredients for a year supply of e liquid is a $30. A 1 liter bottle of 10% nicotine has the same amount of nicotine as the smoke of 5,000 packs of cigarettes. If cigarettes cost $80 a carton in Vermont that's $40,000 for that $50 bottle. That would be a hefty tax applied to e liquid.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Go to rebuilding and DIY, keep minimal extra supplies, and you can be immune to interference for 10+ years. The list of things you need for that time frame is short and cheap.

Right with you there! That's what I did over two years ago. I need nothing from the B&M's at all and have a store of nic in my freezer. And yes, it's all about the money, and not at all about anyone's health. Those greedy pigs will loot anything they can for the almighty dollar. They need to go to jail.

t man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
vermont
My fear is they will eventually ban online sales of nic solution, I can't buy it locally. So to be safe I just ordered another 6 years worth of nic solution, I should be good for 10 years on nic and a lifetime on other diy supplies!! I hope nic will last that long, I do have 3 year old stuff I am using now that is as good when first purchased.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My fear is they will eventually ban online sales of nic solution, I can't buy it locally. So to be safe I just ordered another 6 years worth of nic solution, I should be good for 10 years on nic and a lifetime on other diy supplies!! I hope nic will last that long, I do have 3 year old stuff I am using now that is as good when first purchased.
I saw a post from someone who said they had tested nic stored for 6 years and it is still fine. I believe nic will last indefinitely if carefully stored. At this point I'm planning for 10 years of self sufficiency in mods, atomizers and nic. A few more rda', a couple more mods and I'm there. If it becomes more likely a crackdown is coming and there's still time may be I'll double up on nic. At today's prices a 10 year supply of those items is about $500 for me. Nic $175 including storage bottles, Rda's $100, Mods $200. I figure most of the mods and rda's would still be functional in 10 years. I'm going slow on the TC mods I prefer because they are advancing rapidly. The new Pico iStick is less than $30. Prices are crazy good for a stockpiler.

Reactions: t man

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri

An idea for what it's worth. Order twice the amount of nic in the juice with
extra flavor shots, then double it down. For example, if you vape 6mg 50/50,
then just order 12 mg all pg with extra flavor shots, then take another bottle,
add half of the 12 mg and top both bottles off with vg and viola.

Reactions: OldBatty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread