Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Guess I'm feeling organized today, so here's another new thread to share reviews and feedback as the new ViVi Nova's arrive.

Packaging / Build first impressions:
Very nicely packaged indeed, no needs for pics as they area already widely available.
The tube is nice and thick, no cracks, and I'm a fan of drip tips, so happy camper on that front.

Set-up / Fill:
The ViVi comes pre-assembled with the 2.4 ohm head installed which is what I planned to start with anyway.
Filling is as easy as they come, screw off the top, fill right from the bottle into the tank. Many tanks I tend to use a syringe anyway to avoid any mishaps, but its not necessary with this by any means so I was able to fill right from the bottle which was a pleasant change of pace. (PS, filled with Bobas Bounty - starting off thick).

Ohms...:
Meters on the ProVari right at 2.5, certainly within tolerance.

vaping it:
Since Bobas is a very thick juice, it let it sit for about 10 minutes and started off at 3.5v to break it in.
Nice vapor, good though slightly muted flavor (hoping this will open up as it breaks in).
It seems to be doing a "decent" job with the VG juice, but I wouldn't say it can be chain vaped wit this. Hopefully this will also improve with break-in.
Vapor is very cool with little throat hit, but I'm also not cranking any real voltage into this until it breaks in.

I'll update this post as appropriate. :2cool:

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Agreed.. I have about 1/2 tank through mine, and have tried varying voltages. Fair amount of cool vapor, but oddly flavor has seemed to drop even more since the first few draws...

I can taste it on a long slow draw, but its weak. Sure would look nice on video though, lol.

Really hoping this thing perks up as the build seems strong.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Voltage increase or decrease doesn't seem to help the cause much.
Draw isn't tight at all for me, and I haven't had any completely dry hits, but doesn't seem like its wicking all THAT well which may be contributing to the lack of flavor.....?
Either way, at this point I'm unfortunately not very impressed. I can only hope it breaks in, but haven't had anything else take this long to come to life. 1/2 tank on this thing is a pretty fair amount of liquid...

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Ai. I'm having the same experience. On 2.8 ohm head I was getting no vapor or flavor for awhile. The res turned out to be too high, 3.1 on the Provari. Couldn't find the right voltage for it - all the way up to burning liquid and still little vapor and very muted taste. Changed heads to the lowest one. That one is around 2.6, but never mind, it should give plenty of vapor and taste at 3.5 on the Provari - all my Stardusts do. Nope. About half through the tank, and low vapor, and very very muted taste.

Well, maybe it *does* take a tank-full to break it in. We'll see. I really want to like this thing.

BTW, I'm using 100% Vg. Absolutely no problem wicking - at least no dry hits.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Just tried.
As far as placement of the silicon sleeve itself, screwing the cap on seats it exactly back where it was. The silicone is resting just slightly above the wicks so it doen't appear they are being crimped in any way.
Doesn't seems to have changed anything, and that top wick was wet.
(FYI if anyone else tries, there's a little metal cap in that silicone sleeve, mine stayed in place right in the sleeve, but it probably wouldn't be fun to fish it out of the tank if it dropped).
No change in vapor or flavor.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Just tried.
As far as placement of the silicon sleeve itself, screwing the cap on seats it exactly back where it was. The silicone is resting just slightly above the wicks so it doen't appear they are being crimped in any way...

Well, you can always resort to not screwing the top down tightly, or even clipping the bottom of the silicone cup, but you are right, that doesn't seem to be the problem. It wicks fine. No dry spots at all. Just low vapor and taste. Strange. I feel like I'm missing something. This shouldn't be happening. The innards are the same as the Stardust, and that has excellent flavor...

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
you might want to try to cut the wicks on one as they where suppose to come with one twist on with shorter wicks and 2 with longer, someone suggeted they leave the wicks long so people can cut them if they wish so that is what they went with but you can cut the wicks down the same as you would see on the stardust, as i have mentioned many times, the stardust was designed with short wicks for a reason.

johnsnhu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Londonderry, NH
you can pull up the silicone sleeve , there i a wick sitting on top of the coil and wick, you can loosen that then reseat it, then try that.

im getting superb flavor, so have the 2 reviewers on youtube.

Here's the thing, and being a vapehead, you know this: Some of us vapers want to be able to open a box, add our juice, break it in, and vape the heck out of it without having to tinker with it. I for one, don't mind the tinkering, but some of us may see this as an issue that should be addressed by the manufacturer. If they pay for something, they expect it to work on demand. If you hailed a cab in NY and you wanted to go to Soho, and the cab driver drove you to Long Island, you wouldn't want to pay the guy.... same thing here...

I pulled the cap and reseated it... quick question: What purpose do the wicks that sit above the coil serve? They are not even wrapped... lol.

Oh, and I'm still getting muted flavor, but a much easier draw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
I really don't think that's going to help anything (plus not having to tip the thing all the time like the Stardust should be nice).
Everything under the cap seemed wet. It really doesn't seem to be a wicking problem from what I can see.

Now the v3 Cryptonite on the other hand... See my other review thread...

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Here's the thing, and being a vapehead, you know this: Some of us vapers want to be able to open a box, add our juice, break it in, and vape the heck out of it without having to tinker with it. I for one, don't mind the tinkering, but some of us may see this as an issue that should be addressed by the manufacturer. If they pay for something, they expect it to work on demand. If you hailed a cab in NY and you wanted to go to Soho, and the cab driver drove you to Long Island, you wouldn't want to pay the guy.... same thing here...

I pulled the cap and reseated it... quick question: What purpose do the wicks that sit above the coil serve? They are not even wrapped... lol.

Oh, and I'm still getting muted flavor, but a much easier draw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i didnt say you need to tinker, they seem to be working, so not getting flavor is something i couldnt tell you. others are saying they are getitng fantastic flavor so at this point im not seeing a issue and just trying to help to see why your not getting flavor, if everyitng else is perfect then there isnt a major problem, so lets see what could be the cause to the flavor thing.

im here dealing with this and not hiding in my room, i could easily tell you flavor is subjective since everything else seems to be working, but im not doing that and trying to see with everyone here what is going on and if its the unit or what.

Last edited:

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Keep us posted as to if this floods it which is my biggest concern.
At least we have 3 silicone caps to play with I guess...
Also, I agree, I was hoping this was finally going to be the one to just "work"... If it takes this much messing with I might as well just stick with a tank / carto set-up. Even decent cartos aren't much less than the replacement heads for the Nova anyway.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
you might want to try to cut the wicks on one as they where suppose to come with one twist on with shorter wicks and 2 with longer, someone suggeted they leave the wicks long so people can cut them if they wish so that is what they went with but you can cut the wicks down the same as you would see on the stardust, as i have mentioned many times, the stardust was designed with short wicks for a reason.

Bad, how short should we try them? I thought the Stardust's work well because they stick out just long enough to touch the wall. Should we try the same here - just long enough to touch the wall of the tank, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread