Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think you're right about that. I don't plan on analyzing it any further. I've been using cartos for a year and I'm completely blown away by how clean the flavor is on this thing. I have a really nice phiniac on the way and I'm afraid its not going to get very much use.

Just a piece of advice on your Nova if you want to hear it. I clean my Nova tip to toe after every 1 - 2 tanks. I just pull it apart completely and give it a good warm water rinse. I let the head dry overnight and then I give it a simple dry burn. I rotate and rebuild my own heads so I always have one available if I want to put my Nova back into service right away. Just dry off the other parts good. I have to tell you, I see more people complaining about their equipment (and some of it is legit), but the biggest abuse I see is lack of cleaning. TLC goes a long way in this hobby. And considering the amount of time I used to spend standing outside to smoke analogs, the time spent on cleaning a Nova is miniscule in comparison.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Just a piece of advice on your Nova if you want to hear it. I clean my Nova tip to toe after every 1 - 2 tanks. I just pull it apart completely and give it a good warm water rinse. I let the head dry overnight and then I give it a simple dry burn. I rotate and rebuild my own heads so I always have one available if I want to put my Nova back into service right away. Just dry off the other parts good. I have to tell you, I see more people complaining about their equipment (and some of it is legit), but the biggest abuse I see is lack of cleaning. TLC goes a long way in this hobby. And considering the amount of time I used to spend standing outside to smoke analogs, the time spent on cleaning a Nova is miniscule in comparison.

I have what I would call moderate OCD. I keep all my equipment in pristine condition. That is one more plus on this system. It is a breeze to clean.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So far things have been mostly peachy with my Vivi. After enjoying a couple tanks with the stock 2.4 head, I decided to switch it out for the 1.8 head. Since the juice I use (SV101 from SmartVapes) is pretty thick with even low VG content, and I've read that cutting the wiicks down may provide better vapor, I decided to trim them down a tad. I also cut a couple notches in the silicon cap per Phils video so it doesn't pinch the wicks. Now all I'm getting is problems. I can't carry the device with me all day and have it NOT leak from the 510 connection. What's more is that if I chain vape a bit, I end up with a tank full of vapor. I'll try to grab a pic if anyone wants to see.

All in all, I'm hoping to get this thing to work. I've got phoenixes lying about full of juice because they taste like nards on the second fill. Finding juice flavors has never been an issue for me, but finding gear that'll keep working and still taste good is something that has eluded me from day one in vaping.

There is also another issue that I don't always consider first when trying to cover these types of issues... fake clone products... see http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...please-read-regarding-knock-off-products.html

just in case...

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
There is also another issue that I don't always consider first when trying to cover these types of issues... fake clone products... see http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...please-read-regarding-knock-off-products.html

just in case...

Good Point rdosk..
Another food for thought, that gets very little attention is "Vapors tongue". Put simply, your taste buds go south. Some may think it myth, but I for one am a firm believer in it. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes all day. Many theories as to why this happens, but no real conclusive facts. I chain vape, and sometimes my beloved Boba's taste like cardboard.

When this happens to me, I go brush my teeth AND tongue with baking soda toothpaste. After a few minutes, Im back in business.
I used to love closeup, but the cinnamon would kill all juice flavors but cinnamon, for hours...

DISCLAMER: This is not an indication that I only brush my teeth when my vape taste goes to hell !! :ohmy:

When BC Phoenix's are cleaned correctly, I get the same great taste I did as when new...thats what's so great about them.
Same holds true for the Full and Mini Nova's...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Point rdosk..
Another food for thought, that gets very little attention is "Vapors tongue". Put simply, your taste buds go south. Some may think it myth, but I for one am a firm believer in it. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes all day. Many theories as to why this happens, but no real conclusive facts. I chain vape, and sometimes my beloved Boba's taste like cardboard.

When this happens to me, I go brush my teeth AND tongue with baking soda toothpaste. After a few minutes, Im back in business.
I used to love closeup, but the cinnamon would kill all juice flavors but cinnamon, for hours...

DISCLAMER: This is not an indication that I only brush my teeth when my vape taste goes to hell !! :ohmy:

When BC Phoenix's are cleaned correctly, I get the same great taste I did as when new...thats what's so great about them.

I friggin' agree! Sometimes my tongue just gets beat up by all the vaping. I increase my listerine usage to promote healing. It works. I mean, it is an antiseptic.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Another food for thought, that gets very little attention is "Vapors tongue". Put simply, your taste buds go south.

I think this is complicated by dehydration. I drink gallons of water every day, and I still wake up in the middle of the night completely parched. It never fails.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Good Point rdosk..

i go through this all the time, even on the same unit, depends on what day i wake up etc or god knows the cause but one day the juice taste great, the other it tastes muted etc.. but its not the unit nor the juice, its my tastebuds going wacky on certain days or weeks.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
yes exactly, the thing is i had many many discussions about this back in 09 and then you forget years later that many more people are vaping and start going through the things we went through when we started, so you think people know about this but its a topic like many others that need to be discussed more often so people know what is actually happening.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
well you do get increased sense back, there is no doubt, but it still plays tricks on you, one day a juice will taste so dam good, and youll wake up the next day wondering how in the world you were ever able to vape that same juice. its weird but happens and slightly different for everyone

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
well you do get increased sense back, there is no doubt, but it still plays tricks on you, one day a juice will taste so dam good, and youll wake up the next day wondering how in the world you were ever able to vape that same juice. its weird but happens and slightly different for everyone

100% verifiable fact!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Welcome Full. Glad you're loving the Vivi. Me too. Although.....I do agree with wally and zip on the bc phoenix's, love those too!! Just can't get em to hold enough, so I get tired of foolin with em. lol When they get the perfect bc I'll be in heaven. Until then, vivi's for me. So easy to clean and deal with.

Loved the location spelling. I'm down the street and around the corner from ya. Well in Tx terms anyhow. lol Never had Cele bbq though, I feel deprived now. hehehe

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Welcome Full. Glad you're loving the Vivi. Me too. Although.....I do agree with wally and zip on the bc phoenix's, love those too!! Just can't get em to hold enough, so I get tired of foolin with em. lol When they get the perfect bc I'll be in heaven.
RAVEN, RAVEN where art thou!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread