Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes, also keep in mind if you just got off the nails, it was well over a month before I started to get my sense of taste and smell back to "normal" levels..

I'm still reaching in my left shirt pocket to grab a smoke. But then, nothing has been as close to my heart for 40 years like a box of Marlboro Lights.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
What's the del with these things. One second my juice tastes better than it's ever tasted. 5 hits later and it tastes like doodoo

You may want to actually try to describe it... it is impossible to help make a suggestion for a description that is just meant to be derogatory.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
What's the del with these things. One second my juice tastes better than it's ever tasted. 5 hits later and it tastes like doodoo

How hot are you vapin? May just not be wicking as fast as you are burning it off. I find I still have to tilt mine quite a bit to keep the wicks wet in the coil area. So many variables could be giving you this issue. Voltage, juice, coil resistance etc. You can also try cutting a very tiny slit on the sleeve where the wicks enter. Too much and it'll overwick. If you screw it up you can always rotate that sleeve and you'll be back to where you started. Can't hurt...sounds like it's just getting dry after a couple hits.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Are you using this on the Zmax or the Provari? Which one? What do you have it set at? And which of the heads do you have installed? What is the pg/vg ratio of the juice you're using? And are you tilting to keep the wicks saturated?

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
I start at a low V, moving my way up slowly. I haven't used a vivi above 4.6v. I found a nice spot at 4.5v the day I got it, but since then it's been completely inconsistent. I bought 3, so I've tried it on both the Provari and ZMax, and at times they have both been very very good, but now I can't get either to taste right. I've tried a 2.4Ω and the 2.8Ω. I've been using 60/40 juice, and some other juice from altcig that I don't know the ratio to. It doesn't tell me what it is on their website or the bottle. But its a rather dark thick juice. So both a light and thin juice, and a dark thick juice. I definitely tilt. I wonder if maybe I tilt too much, so I let it sit for a while but nothing changes. I tried trimming the wicks a little. Hmm. That's about all the info I've got, I think.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
It wasn't meant to be derogatory norman, it tastes like crap. How else can I explain it, I don't know.

It is just that "tastes like crap" is subjective.... where something like "starts to taste burnt" ( example only, and also tastes like crap ... lol ) is a description that others can understand and can make suggestions for.

Tilting wise... tilt up to where the juice is just coming up to the head itself ( where the wicks go into it ) ... Too much tilting can cause over wicking and the flavor will decrease and possibly taste "watered down" so to speak and the vapor production usually decreased a bit also. Also too much tilting can result in leaking through the bottom connector at the battery and/or gurgling.

As a test... I'd turn down the voltage/wattage you are vaping at to check for "burnt" tasting juice. Not all carto's react the same to voltage, so a voltage setting on one will taste different on another.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Watered down. That's a good way to put it. It wasn't a burnt taste. Not sure how to describe the taste other than crappy but I guess watered down will do for the time being. I'l keep working at it, and if I figure it out I'll post what I did differently, maybe it will help someone else having similar issues.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Watered down. That's a good way to put it. It wasn't a burnt taste. Not sure how to describe the taste other than crappy but I guess watered down will do for the time being. I'l keep working at it, and if I figure it out I'll post what I did differently, maybe it will help someone else having similar issues.

Ok... test for it to see if that is what you are talking about or not... On one of the heads that you trimmed down... fill it and get the wicks wet and once it starts tasting like you described... then don't tilt any more it when you are vaping... If it is/was over wicking... the flavor will start off like you mentioned, improve and then start to get slightly burnt tasting as the wicks start getting dry.

If it does follow that pattern, then it may be as simple as a slight modification of your vaping method itself so you don't over tilt

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Has anyone taken the "Fiberous Cup" out of their Nova heads during the cleaning process? Can it be done without performance or taste issues?

Can it be taken out without destroying the wick and coils assembly?

I may be wrong, but I think the only reason it is there is to provide insulation so the coil does not touch the metal housing.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I may be wrong, but I think the only reason it is there is to provide insulation so the coil does not touch the metal housing.

Always appreciated Wally. I figured that material was used instead of the "ceramic cup" that is typical.
I'm just not sure how well they will hold up over the long haul, soaking in 190 Everclear....:confused:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago

So with the Vivis, you have to tip them back every couple of hits. it that doesn't work the head is already burnt. Switch heads. Then when you get the time, dry burn the first head: rinse it in water, pat the wicks dry, then get the coils red until no more smoke/vapor comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread