Vertical coil build on Billow V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
You COULD do it apparently. Some dude posted about verticals on a Zeph. Apparently you center the vertical coil over the airflow and wrap the wick around the outside of the coil and drop the ends in the juice wells. Why not try it and see? I have a Billow v2 on my windowsill, haven't touched it in nearly 2 months since I got my Aromamizer, if it wasn't the most annoying thing to build on I'd give the verticals a shot in the Billow. But I just can't bring myself to it, I'd rather throw em in the Aromamizer. Good luck.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I have a Billow V2, but I've never built vertical coils on it. I'm not even sure how that would work, honestly.
tats right, i couldn't find any YT vid on it too. however i've saw sm pics on the build someone posted on another forum, though i'm not sure if i can list the forum site out. i'll copy n paste..

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
View attachment 505334 View attachment 505335 View attachment 505334 View attachment 505335 View attachment 505336 View attachment 505337

So good day to everyone firstly. It's only recently I took up rebuilding, 1st being the subtank, then a hellboy clone quickly followed by a velocity and a billow. Although I have a coil master I have brought pre made coils such as claptons and zipper ect. Well I'm really enjoying dual zippers in my velocity so that just left the billow.
Got home from work with some spare time so decided to rebuild the billow. (Bare in mind is only just started building the billow without leaks And wondered if a vertical build was possible so checked out YouTube but found nothing so thought why not have a go. I got out the 24 gauge and checked the airflow holes. A 2.5 mil bit fitted snug in the holes so that was the plan. Being over cautious I made 2x coils 9 wraps each and fitted in the billow. Placed on ohm meter 0.5. After pulsing 0.4
emoji1.png
. Well I lay strips of cotton over the coil and down to the feed holes. After some trimming and juicing got the cap over. Tried and the thing actually works. So here you go guys I've been running last couple hour at between 50-60watt and vapes well.

P.S. this is taken from another forum, i didn't do that build.
wonder how he wicked tat coil...

RaccoonChad

Jan 15, 2010
View attachment 505334 View attachment 505335 View attachment 505334 View attachment 505335 View attachment 505336 View attachment 505337

So good day to everyone firstly. It's only recently I took up rebuilding, 1st being the subtank, then a hellboy clone quickly followed by a velocity and a billow. Although I have a coil master I have brought pre made coils such as claptons and zipper ect. Well I'm really enjoying dual zippers in my velocity so that just left the billow.
Got home from work with some spare time so decided to rebuild the billow. (Bare in mind is only just started building the billow without leaks And wondered if a vertical build was possible so checked out YouTube but found nothing so thought why not have a go. I got out the 24 gauge and checked the airflow holes. A 2.5 mil bit fitted snug in the holes so that was the plan. Being over cautious I made 2x coils 9 wraps each and fitted in the billow. Placed on ohm meter 0.5. After pulsing 0.4
emoji1.png
. Well I lay strips of cotton over the coil and down to the feed holes. After some trimming and juicing got the cap over. Tried and the thing actually works. So here you go guys I've been running last couple hour at between 50-60watt and vapes well.

P.S. this is taken from another forum, i didn't do that build.
wonder how he wicked tat coil...

Yooooooooooooo! That looks incredible!

Have you tried this with any other wicking material? Are you getting any dry hits? Spit-back?

Thanks for the pics, brother!

Reactions: macis

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Yooooooooooooo! That looks incredible!

Have you tried this with any other wicking material? Are you getting any dry hits? Spit-back?

Thanks for the pics, brother!
its not posted by me bro lol.. i copy n paste from another forum. couldn't paste the link here as its against the rules. i just bought a bellus n billow v2, tht of getting more info on how to wick on vertical coil..:)

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
AND....is it just me, or in the provided pics from Macis, do the coils actually look like they line up perfectly with the airflow holes in the deck? They seem way off center to me.
its way off center to me too Jdurand.

btw, i can't find any vertical dual coil build on the zephyrs tank, i however found many vertical quad coil build on youtube

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
its way off center to me too Jdurand.

Further study of the photos and it seems the coils may be tilted so that the base of the coil is directly over the air hole and then tilts outwards. That may create a swirling effect in the vaporization chamber.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Mount your verts and split your wick below the coil into your channels. Vapor will thrust sideways and not downward as with a horizontal coil so makes no sense to me.
i'm not sure how's the wick layout, but i assumed its done the same way as the vertical coil set up on subtank mini where u can find at youtube. i don think the wick would be below the coil as it would blocked off the air flow, it should be wrapped around the coil with the front n last section of the cotton laying on the juice channel.

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
i'm not sure how's the wick layout, but i assumed its done the same way as the vertical coil set up on subtank mini where u can find at youtube. i don think the wick would be below the coil as it would blocked off the air flow, it should be wrapped around the coil with the front n last section of the cotton laying on the juice channel.

I honestly don't think this will work out so good, and the Billow V2 may not be the best tank for me to try my first vert build on, but I am going to try to pull this off this weekend.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
update me after u trying ur build!;)

Throwing me to the wolves on my own? lol I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm only attempting this because I remember how much better the BVC Aspire coils were than the BDC coils.....of course that's light years ago now! lol

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Throwing me to the wolves on my own? lol I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm only attempting this because I remember how much better the BVC Aspire coils were than the BDC coils.....of course that's light years ago now! lol
hahaha.. i couldn't find the time to try vertical build by this weekend, so u see.. ;)

Reactions: Jdurand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread