Very Disappointed and Upset with Latest Shipment of Inferno Tankomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
I received two Tankomizers with my last shipment. They were both used were dirty with e fluid inside and out. Not only did I have to clean them with boiling hot water and let air dry so, I didn't catch a communicable disease I had to figure out why they didn't work in the first place. I tried the paper clip method to clean(no surprise) the air hole in the atomizer. Still doesn't work. I have placed a complaint within customer service but, I feel I should post here as well to get some answers and to help others be aware of policies within volcano so they don't overlook their own safety.

I will try to remain objective but, as you may understand very upset. Products at times don't work and that's okay. If it was a simple defect I would not take the lengths I am now to complain. It is the fact I received used and obviously dirty product. There was no attempt to make them presentable. This doesn't make me feel I have any value to this company as a customer. This piece doesn't necessarily go into the mouth but, it's close enough to raise concern. The tanks that are placed in we're clean but, I don't know what was inside the Tankomizers that could have come through. I couldn't be certain things I were breathing in to my lungs didn't contain bacteria from its prior user or even other chemicals they may have caped. There are types of bacteria that can stay on a surface for weeks and months.

I would have thought Volcano would have taken some measures to keep their products safe. I see a disclaimers stating that due to the nature of this product returns exchanges are not given unless its defective or DOA. Seriously? So, you resold defective equipment to me from some other customer returned? Seeing Volcano understands the "nature" of this product, giving me a used one was obvious negligence to my own personal safety?

I hope this was an isolated incident which considerable measures will be taken to compensate my efforts and issues to fix my order or try to keep me as a customer. If not, I am considering returning everything I bought and giving my business to another company who cares. If this is policy, ECF members should be aware to thoroughly inspect and sanitize their products because someone else's mouth were on them. Volcano products aren't cheap and one would expect a little higher level of consideration and service.

I hope to hear from someone soon. I will post to others on how this was resolved. Shyla

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Are you referring to the cartomizer? The little metal sleeve that you slide the tank over, and insert the dip tip in to?

If so, then I don't know if I would have used those at all, citing the exact concerns you mentioned...

When you buy a brand new cartomizer from Volcano, they should be individually wrapped in a sealed plastic wrapper. This is how they receive them from SmokTech (Unless Volcano has changed cartomizer suppliers, they are SmokTech cartos)...

I'm interested to hear how they handle this as well... Clearly this was a mistake on somebody's behalf... You shouldn't have received used cartomizers... That's just plain nasty...

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Are you referring to the cartomizer? The little metal sleeve that you slide the tank over, and insert the dip tip in to?

If so, then I don't know if I would have used those at all, citing the exact concerns you mentioned...

When you buy a brand new cartomizer from Volcano, they should be individually wrapped in a sealed plastic wrapper. This is how they receive them from SmokTech (Unless Volcano has changed cartomizer suppliers, they are SmokTech cartos)...

I'm interested to hear how they handle this as well... Clearly this was a mistake on somebody's behalf... You shouldn't have received used cartomizers... That's just plain nasty...

Actually it's their "tankomizer". It is what they used before they used the tube tank. It uses cartridges and is basically an atomizer. The tube tank changed their technology from a three piece to a two piece in that size. It is supposed to be reusable and you clean it but placing in hot water. Its only supposed to be good for a month so, i dont know how long it was in use before I received it. If it was a cartomizer, I wouldn't of taken the time do wash it. :)

I do hope I get this resolved soon. I liked Volcano products but, if I can't rely on their products I don't feel I can use them anymore. Shyla

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Wow. I see they are a registered ECF supplier. They won't be for long if this happens often. Have you contacted them about this?
I have reported this to Volcano via their website customer service link. It's difficult to be patient to wait for product bought over the Internet, finally receive your items and be in such a unusable state. Then have to write emails and take the time to get this taken care of. I am not the type to return stuff, I usually just deal with it. Not this time.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
For those of you who may be following this thread for updates on the current, situation I have not been contacted by Volcano yet. I did take particular interest in their policy which states, "Due to the fact out product is consumable and cannot be repackaged or resold like most other electronic devices, we do not offer a full money back guarantee". Interesting because they had resold a consumable product to me. Shyla

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Aloha Shyla,

I am sorry to hear that your new tankomizers are not working. I can promise you that the tankomizers were not used. We would never ship used items out to anyone. We do not even refurbish items that are returned or warranty. We replace the item and ship the defective back to the manufacturer. The Tankomizers are shipped with a primer liquid on them, it is just plain PG which is a base ingredient in eliquid. Some of the tankomizers do have more primer than others.

As for not working have you checked the center plate in the threaded connection? Sometimes it can be slightly pushed in so it is not making contact with the center plate on the battery and completing the electrical connection. Are they not working at all or are they just not working good?

Customer Service does not work on Sundays, and the offices are closed today for MLK day. CS will get back to you as soon as possible about your issue in more detail.

The Inferno Tankomizers are on the clearance rack for 6.99, because they are being discontinued. Once the stock on hand is sold out we will not be carrying them anymore. They have been replaced by the Tube Tanks.

I am sorry you are having issues, but CS will help you get things taken care of.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
Aloha Shyla,

I am sorry to hear that your new tankomizers are not working. I can promise you that the tankomizers were not used. We would never ship used items out to anyone. We do not even refurbish items that are returned or warranty. We replace the item and ship the defective back to the manufacturer. The Tankomizers are shipped with a primer liquid on them, it is just plain PG which is a base ingredient in eliquid. Some of the tankomizers do have more primer than others.

As for not working have you checked the center plate in the threaded connection? Sometimes it can be slightly pushed in so it is not making contact with the center plate on the battery and completing the electrical connection. Are they not working at all or are they just not working good?

Customer Service does not work on Sundays, and the offices are closed today for MLK day. CS will get back to you as soon as possible about your issue in more detail.

The Inferno Tankomizers are on the clearance rack for 6.99, because they are being discontinued. Once the stock on hand is sold out we will not be carrying them anymore. They have been replaced by the Tube Tanks.

I am sorry you are having issues, but CS will help you get things taken care of.

Well that makes me feel a whole bunch better. I really thought I had used product and since I have a cold and no voice right now, I am a bit sensitive too contagious things at the moment.

I really wish I could have been told I should expect the Tankomizers to be covered in ejuice. I may have figured it out but, that was a first to have an atomizer primed and it smelled of strawberry?

As far as not working, it works as far as its responding to the battery. But you can not pull a drag from it without getting sore like when you blow hard into a ballon, if that makes sense. I looked up the problem and the forum moderator says to check the air hole on the side of the thread. To put a paper clip into the hole. I did as much as humanly possible because the space is so small. I am not sure what else I have to do to get it to work? I don't think a person should go through this much to get a new product to work. I have cleaned them as directed and used up several tanks to try to get them to work.

I do see why these were put on clearance. I bought them for fun but, wishing now I just got another tube tank. These are still available online but, not sure if I want to take a chance. I would have three boxes of tanks left unused.

I will see what customer service wants to do. Again, thank you for getting back to me. I feel better and relieved I wasn't given reused product. Product not working in itself is no big deal and easily resolved.

Shyla

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I'm glad to see that Volcano got back to you. On a holiday, no less :) Most suppliers have similar disclaimers to protect themselves from abusive customers. Most companies with merit will handle legitimate customers fairly. This has been my experience 95% of the time in ECF. Some cheap-skate companies use this unfairly to their advantage; which is why ECF is for us to keep those types honest or out of business :) Just for your information: PG is used in some hospital's air-conditioning systems to kill airborne contagions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread