Northern California
choir.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Fantastic piece, but I didn't really like this part...

Our industry wants to get people off of nicotine while providing an enjoyable alternative to smoking.

This is really another example of buying into the myth that nicotine is a bad thing.
If I was put in a position to determine which is better or worse, I would go with nicotine before I would go with caffeine.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Fantastic piece, but I didn't really like this part...

This is really another example of buying into the myth that nicotine is a bad thing.
If I was put in a position to determine which is better or worse, I would go with nicotine before I would go with caffeine.

My thoughts as well. In fact, they could have lost that whole paragraph - the BT wants to hook people esp. kids... is just TC speak that doesn't correspond to reality. Most tobacco companies just want to maintain 'product loyalty'. And they could have left out "Everyone agrees that regulation in some form is needed."... which is demonstrably false and 'Stockholmy' :) (no offense to my Scandinavian relatives).

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Was I the only one that found the article surrounded by, and frequently interrupted by, ads for Nicorette?

I have admuncher, so no ads. It may very likely be your own cookies where they interpret any tobacco, ecigs sites as being 'nicotine related' so therefore 'Nicorette' ads to follow.

Admuncher is now free, btw - just from a month or so ago. I've had it for over a decade... so I'll provide you with another ad :facepalm: :laugh:

https://www.admuncher.com/

And it's great to see you - have a Happy New Year, Elaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread