The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Very interested in mixing my own juices!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by estboundndown55, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. I'm fairly new to this and still exploring the options with e-cigs. Ive been reading a lot about how you can save a good amount of money by just making your own liquid. I was just wondering if there is a how-to guide on how to do it or if anyone could just give some insight on what options are out there and how they do it.

thanks!

2. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Get 5 post in the new members forum then go post here: DIY E-Liquid

There's lots of good info to read there too.

The mods will probably just move a thread here to the DIY section anyway. :)

3. Iusedtoanalog

Iusedtoanalog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Best Place to start. DIY E-Liquid . This is where I began my search. There are thousands of dedicated DiY mixers just waiting to share their knowledge. Jump Over and begin browsing. Good Luck.

4. CayCay

CayCay Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Interested myself but it's all over my head right now.

5. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Ok
    Fist thing is do a lot of homework. Nicotine can be dangerous. Get eye protection, a couple of kinds of measuring methods like a 1,5,10 cc syringe with a blunt needle works for me.
    Here is a web site that has a damn good calculator. They have recipes and a good calculator to download.
    eJuice Recipe Downloads
    There are bunch of suppliers on here that sell the nicotine, PG,VG etc.
    Go to the DIY liquid area and read the sticky notes.
    When you start I would suggest using a tested recipe and then go from there.
    Things to remember, Clean up very good, Don't leave the spills around. Wear gloves if you are working with like 100mg nicotine base. Wear the eye protection. I rubbed my eye once and had some juice on it and I will never forget that.
    There is an online calculator also: eJuice Recipe Calculator
    In the DIY/Recipe area there are a ton of recipes.
    I'm a relative newbie so I will leave it to the others for more and better advice.
    Welcome aboard.

6. I apologize that i didn't look ahead of time how often this was asked. I appreciate the help! I just need to do research before i jump into it.

Thanks!!

7. monoxidechild

monoxidechild Full Member

Apr 20, 2011
    englewood, fl
    im right here with you i want to learn how to do this also. i just like to do things myself.

8. Irvin Castillo

Irvin Castillo Full Member Verified Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    tried and failed lol. Good luck.

9. gavind4

gavind4 Super Member ECF Veteran

me too. thanks to all for the links.

10. bivie

bivie Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Damon, TX near Houston
    That's a good Readers Digest version. Tattoo it on your brain if you are new
    to DIY.

I would add one thing (I'm still trying to tattoo this one on MY brain):

Start very low on the percentages of flavorings.

I have a baker's dozen bottles steeping for weeks upon weeks right now because
    I added too much flavoring - even when I was following someone else's advice/recipe.

It depends on where you get them as to how much flavoring to use, but a good rule
    of thumb is to start of around 2 or 3 percent, and certainly not more than five. You
    may have to add more, but if you add to much of too many things the first time, it
    will be hard to fix. Which brings up one more rule:

Start with single flavor recipes until you get used to DIYing. Then you can roll up
    your creative sleeves and go to work on your Van Gogh.

11. tidegirl

tidegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    1. Read the stickies in the DIY forum. It is a must before starting.

2. Read Hoosier's blogs: E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs, Not mandatory, but you will have a better starting experience if you do.

Then jump in to the DIY forum with any questions that you have!

12. bivie

bivie Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Damon, TX near Houston
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.