Very interested in mixing my own juices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to this and still exploring the options with e-cigs. Ive been reading a lot about how you can save a good amount of money by just making your own liquid. I was just wondering if there is a how-to guide on how to do it or if anyone could just give some insight on what options are out there and how they do it.

thanks!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Ok
Fist thing is do a lot of homework. Nicotine can be dangerous. Get eye protection, a couple of kinds of measuring methods like a 1,5,10 cc syringe with a blunt needle works for me.
Here is a web site that has a damn good calculator. They have recipes and a good calculator to download.
eJuice Recipe Downloads
There are bunch of suppliers on here that sell the nicotine, PG,VG etc.
Go to the DIY liquid area and read the sticky notes.
When you start I would suggest using a tested recipe and then go from there.
Things to remember, Clean up very good, Don't leave the spills around. Wear gloves if you are working with like 100mg nicotine base. Wear the eye protection. I rubbed my eye once and had some juice on it and I will never forget that.
There is an online calculator also: eJuice Recipe Calculator
In the DIY/Recipe area there are a ton of recipes.
I'm a relative newbie so I will leave it to the others for more and better advice.
Welcome aboard.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Ok
Fist thing is do a lot of homework. Nicotine can be dangerous. Get eye protection, a couple of kinds of measuring methods like a 1,5,10 cc syringe with a blunt needle works for me.
Here is a web site that has a damn good calculator. They have recipes and a good calculator to download.
eJuice Recipe Downloads
There are bunch of suppliers on here that sell the nicotine, PG,VG etc.
Go to the DIY liquid area and read the sticky notes.
When you start I would suggest using a tested recipe and then go from there.
Things to remember, Clean up very good, Don't leave the spills around. Wear gloves if you are working with like 100mg nicotine base. Wear the eye protection. I rubbed my eye once and had some juice on it and I will never forget that.
There is an online calculator also: eJuice Recipe Calculator
In the DIY/Recipe area there are a ton of recipes.
I'm a relative newbie so I will leave it to the others for more and better advice.
Welcome aboard.

That's a good Readers Digest version. Tattoo it on your brain if you are new
to DIY.

I would add one thing (I'm still trying to tattoo this one on MY brain):

Start very low on the percentages of flavorings.

I have a baker's dozen bottles steeping for weeks upon weeks right now because
I added too much flavoring - even when I was following someone else's advice/recipe.

It depends on where you get them as to how much flavoring to use, but a good rule
of thumb is to start of around 2 or 3 percent, and certainly not more than five. You
may have to add more, but if you add to much of too many things the first time, it
will be hard to fix. Which brings up one more rule:

Start with single flavor recipes until you get used to DIYing. Then you can roll up
your creative sleeves and go to work on your Van Gogh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread