Veteran Vaper, new member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavesRaves

Nov 18, 2017
Hello, my name is Dave. I'm new here. I've been vaping since 2010, however I've found there's always something new to learn about vaping, that's one thing that is so great about vaping, is there's always something going on that is new and exciting! I'm live in Ogden, UT, it's a good place to live, but I really want to move to San Diego but it's so expensive to live there, one of my best friends lives there and has been a proud California native all his life. I suppose Mexico would be another option. I've been vaping since 2010. I had been in poor health, I had just been diagnosed with COPD and I also had 2 pulmonary embolisms, the 1st was in 2009, then a 2nd P.E. nearly a year to the day later. I was on oxygen and I was unable to come off of it after that 2nd event in 2010. Even after all that I still continued to smoke [emoji377] tobacco cigarettes! My son[emoji64] and I [emoji67] were visiting my father one day, when my son blurted out[emoji860] something about my smoking, until thenI had been able to keep it a secret from him. He got so damned angry at me, he started yelling at me, and he never raised his voice in anger, he was always easy going but he proceeded to read me the riot act. He said, "what the .... is wrong with you? Why would still be smoking? Have you got a death wish, you must if you are smoking!" I have a great respect for my father and after hearing that I just had to quit, no more excuses I simply couldn't continue my bad habit. I was at 7-11 and had been looking at some e-cigarettes they had every time I went there to buy a pack of smokes. Instead DC of just looking at them, I bought a starter kit which includes a 5 pack of the replacement "filter end" of this cig-a-like, a battery which was the white piece that looked like the part of a cigarette that attached to the filter or what actually was the atomizer with the cotton soaked in e-liquid, I was able to use them with success, I threw my cigarettes in the garage and never picked up another one since. I found a vape shop about a year later in Ogden, called Electronicstix (maybe you've heard of them) and I purchased my first real vaporizer, which by today's standards was a dinosaur. It was another stater kit with 2 eGo sticks or batteries, a USB cable, and a strange atomizer with a small plastic tank, I had to fill the little tank with juice from High Caliber[emoji768] (it was the only brand of e-liquid they had) I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I used it for awhile then I got into those cartomizers and J-tanks, and from there I just kept buying the latest mod, atomizers and I finally found the rebuildable dripping atomizers and I thought it was really light years ahead of anything else I had previously used. I'm so passionate about vaping because it literally saved my life and I see some of my friends still smoking [emoji377] I encourage them to try to vape as a good alternative to smoking, I don't think I ever need to lecture anyone, they know the health risks associated with smoking. Everything is OK with me today thanks to the great work by people who are making such wonderful mods, sub ohm tanks, RDAs and I can't comment on the e-liquids out there because I make my own which is way more affordable than buying it from my local vape shop. I have really enjoy using the different types of of sub-ohm tanks with replacement coils for TC, I use the Ni200 coil, if they're available for the tank I'm using, otherwise, I will use the Kanthal coils in Power mode. Lately, I've gotten back into Rebuilding and I have been making Clapton wire and fused Claptons, I think my best build was a twisted 26ga Kanthal Claptoned with 36ga Nichrome80, I helixed it with a 32ga Claptoned in 36ga Nichrome80. It was a pretty fat wire that was difficult to fit in to an RDA that had big enough holes to accommodate this wire and I had an Apocalypse RDA, made by Armageddon mfg which has a deck similar to the Goon, I don't have a Goon but this one worked great for what I needed. I see myself still vaping as long as the DEA rules and regulations about what can and can't be sold, don't go into effect. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! That's all for now, vape on everyone! [emoji845][emoji485][emoji100][emoji100]

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread