Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Vg and bottles with very small drip tips
Question: With DIY mix near 100% VG and small diameter drip tip bottle opening, would these drip tips allow free flow of a totally mixed DIY sample to pass through to vape? Another words, can a small drip tip bottle opening impede the PG mix flavorings from being uniformly dispensed or would this condition cause more free flowing (flavors with PG)flavors to separate out from the initial well shook mix during dispensing?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
High percentage VG juice will not pass well from most drip bottles. Squeezing such a bottle hard will not act like a filter for thinner juice ingredients. You are likely to pop the drip cap from the bottle if squeezed hard enough.

There are drip bottles with larger bore needle tips for high percentage VG.

I don't need to drip my 95% VG juice as I use a syringe to fill a carto tank. 14 and 16 gauge blunt needle Luer-Loks work well with high percentage VG.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Vg and bottles with very small drip tips
Question: With DIY mix near 100% VG and small diameter drip tip bottle opening, would these drip tips allow free flow of a totally mixed DIY sample to pass through to vape? Another words, can a small drip tip bottle opening impede the PG mix flavorings from being uniformly dispensed or would this condition cause more free flowing (flavors with PG)flavors to separate out from the initial well shook mix during dispensing?

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but as a 100 VG user I've only run across one dropper bottle, being used by only one liquids suppler, that was a "challenge" to get VG out of. The solution for that problem was simple enough: open the nozzle tip up by running a paper clip through it.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It has been a while since I used them but the all-plastic dripper bottles worked well with me for high percentage VG. It was the plastic bottles with metal needle tips that gave me a hard time.

True. I tried the metal tips once and found the same issue. But the plastic needle tips have improved over time (early ones were pretty flimsy) and VG has been working fine with them. Really prefer using them over the mess eyedroppers can make.

The problem one I mentioned was a standard plastic blunt dropper tip - not even a needle type.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ok, I will try moving thread to DIY forum. I will entitle: "VG dispensing obstructions" and reference:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/637230-vg-bottles-very-small-drip-tips.html

Answers received: Thanks guys,I think you answered the drip tip bottle flow question. What I'm wondering is, if the opening diameter of the the dispensing (if not sufficiently large) device will tend to separate the thin PG flavor from the VG solution upon dispensing?
Here again let me repeat, The bottle has been thoroughly shaken before dispensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread