VG and throat hit HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
New York
OK... I switched to VG a few days ago as PG was extremely irritating to my throat. my problem is the VG has lots of vapor but almost NO throat hit, and the flavor is MUCH milder than the PG. I am currently using 0 nicotine and would like to continue using 0 nic and continue to make my own juice. Besides everclear what can i do to add throat hit and bring out the flavor? i used the standard 10%-15% flavor but it is very mild. I am using ONLY VG and flavoring (lorann). i did add vodka to this batch (about .5ml in 5ml bottle) but still no throat hit...

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Stu

The PG or VG content of juice have absolutely no influence on a throat hit.

The only things that do are the nic content in your juice, and as you are using 0mg you wont get a hit from that at all. So that simply leaves battery and atomiser.

A battery has to be freshly charged to improve throat hit, and an atomiser has to be 'in its prime' and this varies from one atty to another.

I have heard of people adding things like Cayenne Pepper to juice, but haven't tried it, so you would need to ask in the DIY juices about that side of it.

VG is thicker than PG, so a bit of dilution may be needed, distilled water is best for that. Also it has a sweeter taste. Your juice consistency is important, so make sure your juice is of the same consistency as it was with the PG. This is the likely cause of your problem if you were happy prior to changing over.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread