VG/PG for vv berserker mini mtl RTA and RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hi guys,
some new tobacco concentrates arrived today and wanted to get some liquid mixed. Freebase, I'm thinking around 15mg nic, maybe 18mg.
I'm just getting my vandy vape berserker mini mtl rta assembled and wicked. Berserker mini mtl RDA is getting shipped. (both are the older versions of the tanks, not V1.5/V2)
I've never used RTA/RBA for MTL before. I will be using the coils that came with the tank.

What ratio would you guys recommend for these 2 tank? And what wattage would you suggest for RTA- the coil Not the cheapest concentrates so don't want too much trial/error involved.

Thanks!

PS: What on eart were Vandy Vape thinking when they designed that top cap you open to refill the juice?? OMFG!

Reactions: stols001

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've been using the Berserker Mini Mtl almost exclusively for about a year and typically mix my tobaccos at 60-65 pg, but that's my preference. I will also fill it with Boba's Bounty (around 90+vg?), without any adjustments, and it works just as well. I vape 14-15 mg nic.

I've made a habit of turning the tank upside down before I tighten the top after I'm able to hook it with an initial turn (then give it a wipe).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Hi Peter. I wouldn't make mixes to suit a tank. Decent ones should accommodate any juice you mix. I'd try it with your preferred VG/PG blend first. Then, if you find any issues- not wicking well, gurgling, whatever, you can adjust from there if you think you must. I don't use berserker, but other mtl devices, and using mostly max vg, never had issues. That's a decent tank as I understand it, so it should be fine.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I've been using the Berserker Mini Mtl almost exclusively for about a year and typically mix my tobaccos at 60-65 pg, but that's my preference. I will also fill it with Boba's Bounty (around 90+vg?), without any adjustments, and it works just as well. I vape 14-15 mg nic.

I've made a habit of turning the tank upside down before I tighten the top after I'm able to hook it with an initial turn (then give it a wipe).
    Hi and thanks. Yes 60-65PG is indeed acquired taste hehe I tried 60-70PG but I didn't handle them very well, so the highest PG I go for is 50/50. That's the thing I needed answer for- how high VG I could use with it. Was thinking 60-70VG. If you say you filled it with 90VG and it worked fine then it will handle mine with no problems :)

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Hi Peter. I wouldn't make mixes to suit a tank. Decent ones should accommodate any juice you mix. I'd try it with your preferred VG/PG blend first. Then, if you find any issues- not wicking well, gurgling, whatever, you can adjust from there if you think you must. I don't use berserker, but other mtl devices, and using mostly max vg, never had issues. That's a decent tank as I understand it, so it should be fine.
    That's what I wanted to avoid- having to adjust the already mixed juice :D But smacuser confirmed that if I make a thicker juice I should be fine. So all good. I don't really have a specific preference to be honest, but I wanted to try higher VG with MTL. With my previous mtl device, innokin endura t22e, it wasn't possible. I've got some 60VG juice I've been using for my sub-ohm tank, I'll start with it, only 8mg nic but it's just to try it out, see how it goes. Just filled it up :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    That's what I wanted to avoid- having to adjust the already mixed juice :D But smacuser confirmed that if I make a thicker juice I should be fine. So all good. I don't really have a specific preference to be honest, but I wanted to try higher VG with MTL. With my previous mtl device, innokin endura t22e, it wasn't possible. I've got some 60VG juice I've been using for my sub-ohm tank, I'll start with it, only 8mg nic but it's just to try it out, see how it goes. Just filled it up :)
    Yeah, with drop in coils or pods, the wick & flow is preset, so some might not wick well enough for you. I've gone max VG with everything pretty much within a month of starting vaping, and had no issues, even with some pods I've used. Generally, though for pods- I mix in 20-30% PG just to get a little more throat hit, not because it doesn't wick fast enough. But I don't chain vape. VG will wick a little slower, so it could be an issue if you tend to do that I guess.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I just got it function fine, much easier to unscrew now: I took a little bit of liquid and wiped it with my finger around the bigger o-ring and a little bit on the thread and smaller o-ring. Also I screwed the base tight, and tightened the tank on the mod. Also I don't overtighten the cap, i crew it down until no gap but I don't force it. Works fine, I have strong fingers,no need to grab the cap with anything (before I applied the liquid I had to use a piece of rubber to grab a hold of it)

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    damn, first hit wasn't pleasant. Dr
    I just got it function fine, much easier to unscrew now: I took a little bit of liquid and wiped it with my finger around the bigger o-ring and a little bit on the thread and smaller o-ring. Also I screwed the base tight, and tightened the tank on the mod. Also I don't overtighten the cap, i crew it down until no gap but I don't force it. Works fine, I have strong fingers,no need to grab the cap with anything (before I applied the liquid I had to use a piece of rubber to grab a hold of it)
    Still, I wouldn't call it user-friendly. More like: a pain in the ....

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I should have mentioned I vape at 1.2 ohms/9 watts :(.
    I see. I'llbe trying different coils with this tank, I ordered a few different packs online, I'll see what suits me best. The coil came up as 0.5, I've found a review on yt, you guys probably know the guy, he vaped that coil at 19W so I thought I would start a bit lower and go up. I just turned it up to 26W, however, I'm starting to notice that the flavor is getting weaker, and the vapor is getting a bit too warm.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Since I vape tootle style, I only need to fill it 2-3 times a day :D.
    Well that was 2 refills for me in 7 hours, I might have to start looking for a bubble glass methinks :D
    I was vaping endura t22 as well when I went shopping, I didn't include that so probably I'd go up to 3 refills

MartinD

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2017
    What ratio would you guys recommend for these 2 tank? And what wattage would you suggest for RTA- the coil
    This is how I make setup for Bers mini and Bers 24mm v1.Kanthal 28ga slightly spaced, 2mm ID, 11,5W-12W, 50/50 pgvg . Bottom fill :)

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_1590265024790.jpg
      PhotoCollage_1590265024790.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 33

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @PeterKay - The original Berserker MTL RTAs are my alltime favorite RTAs! Been vaping with them since they first came out. I've got a large stash of them for the longterm. I personally prefer the full size 24mm one though, but still have 6-8 of the Minis, too.

All of my DIY eliquids are 40PG/60VG, and I've never had a problem with it in the Berserkers. A good friend, also an ECF member, uses 30PG/70VG DIY in hers. I'm definitely a tootle puffer (5-7W), and use mainly the 1.3ohm SS316L pre-wound coils from FastTech. Dirt cheap at only about $3.76/100 usually. They're my favorites by far.

I bottom fill all of my Berserkers though. After top-filling the first few times...and getting gurgling, etc...I switched to bottom fill. You have to remove a part either way...to refill it. When I bottom fill I can also check how the coil and wick are doing, too...which you can't tell about when top-filling.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    @PeterKay - The original Berserker MTL RTAs are my alltime favorite RTAs! Been vaping with them since they first came out. I've got a large stash of them for the longterm. I personally prefer the full size 24mm one though, but still have 6-8 of the Minis, too.

All of my DIY eliquids are 40PG/60VG, and I've never had a problem with it in the Berserkers. A good friend, also an ECF member, uses 30PG/70VG DIY in hers. I'm definitely a tootle puffer (5-7W), and use mainly the 1.3ohm SS316L pre-wound coils from FastTech. Dirt cheap at only about $3.76/100 usually. They're my favorites by far.

I bottom fill all of my Berserkers though. After top-filling the first few times...and getting gurgling, etc...I switched to bottom fill. You have to remove a part either way...to refill it. When I bottom fill I can also check how the coil and wick are doing, too...which you can't tell about when top-filling.
    I gotta try because im getting some leaking from the airflow shortly after filling. I just ordered some bubble glass, 2ml tank is way too small for me. I went down to 19.9 W now, ordered a small selection ofcoils also so I'lbe trying different wattages

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I did not find it to be a very thirsty tank but I also found the draw to be so tight it detached my dentures although you may have a later version than mine.

How much vape you will get is GOING to depend on coil size and ohms as well as wattage used, so you may find with a higher ohm coil the ah, refilling is not as tragic, etc.

It's a love it or hate it tank that's for sure.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread