VG PG ratio and Mt Baker Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Do you think that the VG/PG ratio effects the flavor of their juice? I have tried several of their flavors and I haven't been very impressed. There are other vendors that have much better juice IMO. One of the big things that I don't like about them is the vapor production at the standard 80/20 ratio. Does changing them to say a 50/50 ratio have an effect on the flavor? I would really like to find something that I like from them because of the price. It would be awesome to not have to spent $20 on 30ml, but instead spend $36 on 236ml.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have literally tried 30 flavors from them and I would think I would find at least ONE that I like enough to buy a big bottle, but sadly that isn't the case. I tried about 10 with a 50/50 the first time I ordered and the flavor was underwhelming, so I made another order using their default ratio thinking that the flavor would be better. Well, the flavor is slightly better, but the vapor production it terrible. Oh well. I guess this it one of the cases there you get what you pay for.

lam7

May 21, 2012
VA
I have literally tried 30 flavors from them and I would think I would find at least ONE that I like enough to buy a big bottle, but sadly that isn't the case. I tried about 10 with a 50/50 the first time I ordered and the flavor was underwhelming, so I made another order using their default ratio thinking that the flavor would be better. Well, the flavor is slightly better, but the vapor production it terrible. Oh well. I guess this it one of the cases there you get what you pay for.

If you like the flavor at 80/20 but not the vapor, why don't you order 50/50 and add a shot or two?

MayLovesMetal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's almost heretical to say it here, but I personally don't care for Mt. Baker's juices either. They aren't terrible, just not particularly good. Everything I've had from them I can easily make for myself as well or better. The price is fair for what they are, mind you, but when I buy juice I prefer to go to vendors with exceptional quality extracts and/or truly outstanding recipes. Mt Baker is like the neighborhood diner of juice imo- it's not fine dining.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
OP: What juices do you like, and from where? Knowing this may help MBV fans point you in the right direction as far as getting the performance and flavor you prefer. After having tried a wide range of ratios and flavor shots, I now get all my stuff 65/35 0 shots from them. Haven't had anything at that mix yet that I've been displeased with.

And you never know, as unlikely as it seems, you might not like anything MBV has on offer, and that's perfectly okay!

Thatki

Apr 25, 2013
st paul, mn
i talked to a customer service rep with their live chat about this exact thing. vg will mute the flavor so he advised me to add a shot or 2 with a 65/35 mix. i wasnt impressed at first either, but i let them sit for a couple days and now they are quite good. made another order as soon as i realized they just needed to steep for a bit.

their customer service is phenomenal and the the time from order to my front door was 2 days. when i ordered the second batch, i got a shipping confirmation about 2 hours later. thought taste is subjective and you have to find what you like. to each their own i guess.

Last edited:

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
i talked to a customer service rep with their live chat about this exact thing. vg will mute the flavor so he advised me to add a shot or 2 with a 65/35 mix. i wasnt impressed at first either, but i let them sit for a couple days and now they are quite good. made another order as soon as i realized they just needed to steep for a bit.

their customer service is phenomenal and the the time from order to my front door was 2 days. when i ordered the second batch, i got a shipping confirmation about 2 hours later. thought taste is subjective and you have to find what you like. to each their own i guess.

The handful of MBV juices I've tried at 50/50 I have always ordered with either one or two shots. They have been pleasant vapes, decent, and steeping for a week or two does enhance the overall vape.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I was also not impressed with MBV. A couple were ok and a couple went in the trash. The way people rave on ecf I was expecting alot I suppose. In the end I felt the juices tasted a bit "cheap". Seems that a ton of people love them tho, I guess its just different strokes.

If you notice their post count, a lot of MBV fans are still relatively new. I, too, was blown away by the prices and the fast shipping... but I soon realized that, unfortunately, almost everything I ever tried that wasn't butterscotch, caramel candy, or caramel coffee, especially the fruits and sweets, tasted like sweet tarts. Everything. It didn't matter if it was supposed to be melon or raspberry, everything tasted like sweet tarts [edit: or pixie stix]. And something about their cream just made me gag. It tasted and smelled like hair product.

As vapers grow and experience and try new things, even the pricier stuff, their taste buds may change. Granted, you can't beat MBV's prices, and their shipping and customer service is stellar, but in the end, out of six or seven pages of flavors, I only found two I can honestly say I like: butterscotch, and caramel coffee. Unfortunately, caramel coffee wreaks major, major havoc on all of my cartos, even my emergency clearos. So... Yeah, you get what you pay for.

THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON MBV, they are great for entry level, new vapers.

Last edited:

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
I ordered 12 juices from MTB and they all were OK though I have no basis of comparison as I am new. However there were none that I would consider tossing in the trash. Many of the flavors I ordered were ordered just to have an opportunity to taste and develope an understanding of what it is that I would like. Some that I though I would never consider as an all day staple actually have become just that.. Butterscotch and Graham Cracker are very good. Many flavors though you may not dislike them would never be considered an ecery day type. I like sour cream on a baked potato but I wouldn't consider eating it all day long. So far I like MTB but my level of expectation has not been set and time will tell however so far so good.
Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread