The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VG vs PG??? Helllllp!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by dreamerjosh, Nov 14, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Hey guys,

I'm Josh from Puerto Rico, and I'm a new vaper! And I definitely need help... PG and VG %??? What's that... thanks in advance for your help.

Josh

2. hokm

hokm Full Member Verified Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Sixth Avenue
    You can google easily what does the term VG and PG means. Basically, VG gives you more smoke while PG gives you more throat hit. For starter, usually is 20% VG and 80% PG, short form for 20/80. A high VG also means the eLiquid is thicker. Sometimes, it cannot flow into the dual coil tank because the hole is too small. So far, 20/80 seems to be the recommended combination for starters. I think the % nicotine in the eLiquid is more important. 18ml Nicotine can give me a relatively good throat hit. :)

3. Project240

Project240 Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Tennessee
    Well it all depends on your preference. I can tell you info regarding both but you'll still need to try both and decide what you like.
    PG: provides more "throat hit" and feeling of smoking with less vapor production.
    VG: provides more flavor and vapor production with less of the "throat hit" feeling.
    Also some things like vivi nova clearomizers and tanks wick blends that are 50/50 or more in pg better. I'm not a dripper so I feel I can't offer any info in that area. I do hope this helps and welcome to the vaping community. :)

4. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    You'll need to try out different ratios to find out what works for you. I've found that 50/50 works for me. I put menthol in a lot of my liquids so that helps a bit on the throat hit. I have had zero issues running 50/50 in cartos or Vivi Novas. Nicotine does make a big difference in the throat hit as well.

Guys, quit calling it smoke. There's no smoke when vaping. You are vaping and exhale vapor.

5. Doogmar

Doogmar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2012
    Lake Tahoe
    Usually I get 70pg/30vg so I can get more flavor, but at places that offer extra shots, I get 50/50. I notice the increase in vapor in 50/50.

6. MrKV

MrKV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Japan to NoVA
    PG can also provide more flavor along with throat hit.

7. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
  8. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    VG is thicker. PG is thinner. PG will provide greater taste. VG will produce more vapor.

Some vape 100%PG. I'm one of those, although I sometimes vape 80pg/20vg or 70/30. You will find various mixes from different suppliers. It's all about your preference and the supplier's preference.

A mix is probably where you will find your preference. Try several, starting with 70pg/30vg and see where you end up. The difference will be where you find taste and vapor that suits you. It's a lot like trying various brands of cigarettes to find out what you prefer.

10. dreamerjosh

dreamerjosh Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    Well, I like the throat hit experience, but what I like the most is to have the flavor and good vapor! So, Thank you all for your responses, I'll look for the perfect mix for me.

11. pufmuf

pufmuf Full Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Slovakia
    i think everyone needs to find his own ratio
    PG caries the flavour better, but without VG there is not enough vapor for me
    PG/VG in ratio 70/30 works pretty good for me

12. Gatillero1980

Gatillero1980 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2012
    Cali, Colombia
    The thickness of the juice also depends on the type of flavoring, for example, Clouds Of Vapor makes 100% VG and use organic flavoring that is suspended in alcohol so their ejuice is very thin.

13. Toulalan

Toulalan Full Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Malaysia
    so it means that if the flavor have more VG it will make the flavor feels smooth? correct me if i'm wrong.

TQ

14. Brewer26

Brewer26 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    NY
    Sorry for digging this up, but does anyone know the ratio of the Halo products?

15. jfalbanese

jfalbanese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Westport, WA
    more pg= more throat hit (with nicotine). more vg= more vapor. vg also tends to mute flavor. i currently use 50/50 with a dripping atty. good vapor production, and good taste balance. everyone has different preferences.

16. ImJustSayin

ImJustSayin Full Member

May 20, 2013
    philadelphia, paoo
    I get mine at 65 25 but planning on trying some different ratios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.