VG vs PG??? Helllllp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokm

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Sixth Avenue
You can google easily what does the term VG and PG means. Basically, VG gives you more smoke while PG gives you more throat hit. For starter, usually is 20% VG and 80% PG, short form for 20/80. A high VG also means the eliquid is thicker. Sometimes, it cannot flow into the dual coil tank because the hole is too small. So far, 20/80 seems to be the recommended combination for starters. I think the % nicotine in the eliquid is more important. 18ml Nicotine can give me a relatively good throat hit. :)

Project240

Nov 6, 2012
Tennessee
Well it all depends on your preference. I can tell you info regarding both but you'll still need to try both and decide what you like.
PG: provides more "throat hit" and feeling of smoking with less vapor production.
VG: provides more flavor and vapor production with less of the "throat hit" feeling.
Also some things like vivi nova clearomizers and tanks wick blends that are 50/50 or more in pg better. I'm not a dripper so I feel I can't offer any info in that area. I do hope this helps and welcome to the vaping community. :)

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
You'll need to try out different ratios to find out what works for you. I've found that 50/50 works for me. I put menthol in a lot of my liquids so that helps a bit on the throat hit. I have had zero issues running 50/50 in cartos or Vivi Novas. Nicotine does make a big difference in the throat hit as well.

Guys, quit calling it smoke. There's no smoke when vaping. You are vaping and exhale vapor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
VG is thicker. PG is thinner. PG will provide greater taste. VG will produce more vapor.

Some vape 100%PG. I'm one of those, although I sometimes vape 80pg/20vg or 70/30. You will find various mixes from different suppliers. It's all about your preference and the supplier's preference.

A mix is probably where you will find your preference. Try several, starting with 70pg/30vg and see where you end up. The difference will be where you find taste and vapor that suits you. It's a lot like trying various brands of cigarettes to find out what you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread