Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I probably would have tried using some stick on Velcro and strapped them to the inside of the tumbler. Hook side to the bowl and loop side around the bottles to secure them down. That would maximize the vibration transferred to the bottles I would think.

Not a bad idea. I will probably be experimenting some more.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ok, this is what I've ended up with. Doing 2 60ml bottles here. I get it all locked down, then fire it up, and forget about it for 4 - 5 hours.

mix 1.jpg
mix 2.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I think I should do an up date on this, as I've found that this is not very good for mixing. I recently, as a test, mixed a 30ml bottle, 50/50 pg, and vg, then added a few drops of red food coloring. I left that in the tumbler for about 6 1/2 hours. I wish I had taken a pic of the result, but I didn't. The red coloring had barely begun to mix in the pg vg at the top of the bottle. For now it's back to warming, and shaking. :(

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I think I should do an up date on this, as I've found that this is not very good for mixing. I recently, as a test, mixed a 30ml bottle, 50/50 pg, and vg, then added a few drops of red food coloring. I left that in the tumbler for about 6 1/2 hours. I wish I had taken a pic of the result, but I didn't. The red coloring had barely begun to mix in the pg vg at the top of the bottle. For now it's back to warming, and shaking. :(

forgive my ignorance but I have never messed with a rock tumbler always wanted to but never got around to it but couldn't you ad a bit of hot water to it and for bottle protection, it looks like you have that under control so my idea when I started reading this is not needed.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread