Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnBrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Grand Haven, mi
d096eb81758fa57692f857fc34c01851.jpg

Ok so my amazing better half got me one for Christmas. And a couple extra batteries with a super fancy and complicated charger I have him use for me.

Now does anyone have any suggestions as to anything I can put on it to really see what it can do. I think all of mine would become a blow torch over 100w.

Heck I'll be happy with recommendations on people's favorite higher watt builds as I don't know if I'll ever take it even 50% as high as it can go.

Yes he's nuts for getting me a unbelievably high watt pricey mod. But he knows I like to experiment. And we'll I can't think of many builds it can't do. So it's kind of bad ... for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceCube0306

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2014
Houston,TX
Sorry for the late reply. I wish itd send me emails when someone replies back to a thread that ive posted in. Did you get the Variant clone? I beliave the clone comes with the black box. Im not sure how those batteries are. But yeah you should be able to get them at a hobby shop.
I got mine off amazon.
Amazon.com: 1300mAh 2S 7.4V 20C LiPo, 18AWG EC2: Toys & Games
It takes the same batteries as R/c plane remotes. So I hit a hobby shop. Bought connectors and soldiered them on myself.

AutumnBrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Grand Haven, mi
Oh yes. I asked Santa for the clone. $700 was asking to much devotion to one vaporizer. I like my choices. So I didn't want to feel like I had to use this one as my major primary. Plus I didn't know how much I'd like it. Turns out I adore it. I can excuse my clouper t8, billet and svd 2.0 love too. But the power. Oh the power. Even at 5w on a .5 I was shocked by how much it produced.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
d096eb81758fa57692f857fc34c01851.jpg

Ok so my amazing better half got me one for Christmas. And a couple extra batteries with a super fancy and complicated charger I have him use for me.

Now does anyone have any suggestions as to anything I can put on it to really see what it can do. I think all of mine would become a blow torch over 100w.

Yep.

260w_fire.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Outchy. You recommend that? Your an odd duck.

No, I'm an ocelot. You posted, "I think all of mine would become a blow torch over 100w." and I was agreeing with you. :) The picture is a screen shot from a video showing the Variant at some ridiculously high setting.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I have a Mutation X V1 RDA for high power builds. They have a ver 2 now which has a wide bore drip tip which could be good for you. It's a very good quality RDA at a great price (the link is to the authentic) with big post holes so you can put a lot of wire in there. They both have 9 air holes per side and are fully adjustable from no flow to wide open. With a 80 watt dual coil setup in it it's a very slightly warm, flavorful vape with 3 holes per side open. With more holes open the vapor production goes up and it's a cold vape. I know it could handle a lot more than 80 watts but I don't have a mod that will put out much more safely so I have not tried it.

The build is going to be key here, or you're going to be burning juice and as you know that's not good (or healthy). I don't know if you know and use the Steam Engine calculators, but if you don't yet I would encourage you to get familiar with the coil building one. Here is a dual coil setup modeled using 24 gauge Kanthal on a 3 mm pin at 0.5 ohms with 11 wraps per coil. At 200 watts the heat flux is 442 mW/mm². Heat flux is watts per coil wire area. I like the vape between 400 and 450 and find it easy to keep it from burning in this range. IMO you have a very good chance of being able to run at these numbers, but I wouldn't hit it the first time at 200 watts just in case. I would start at say 150 with a short drag and work my way up in steps.

This setup will not make it to 250 watts without burning juice, but 200 watts is nothing to sneeze at :). If you really want to go higher, you can reduce wire gauge or use dual parallel builds or whatever you want. The Steam Engine calculator will model all of that for you.

Whatever you do end up trying, please let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
So I know this post is old but, can you explain to me again how much higher this devise is than it says it is, I'm using it it with a artic tank at what said to be 30w, .2, and it said it was only putting out right at two volts but it felt literally like at least 70w, or like 6v, not sure what's up but it destroyed my artic head literally in one day, um how can I figure out what it's actually doing? I want it to just stay like I'm one a good fresh charged mech battery, that's why I went regulated, so I could set it and forget it. Now I'm confused because I don't want to think I'm vaping around 3.9 to 4.2v and really be at 6 or 7 v. I don't want to destroy my attys by burning them up. I want to be able to know I'm close to the setting I want and be able to know that that's what I'm really vaping at

Last edited:

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
i would recommend something other them the B3 charger it doesnt do well with balancing the lipo batteries. i have 2 variants with 4 batteries. i went with the hytec X1. i burnt up 3 B3 chargers and after checking the balancing of the lipo batteries they were pretty much off quite a bit. one cell was 4.05V and the other was 4.14V. so just to warn ya about the charger that comes with the clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread