Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Also referred to as Victoria Sandwich in the UK.
This is one of my favorite recipes and my records show the earliest attempts being in February of 2015, so about a year ago. Since then the recipe has been tweaked very little as I immediately liked how it developed.

I would not call it an all day vape, more of an occasional treat so don't make up a 200ml batch as I did back in October of last year unless you like really aged juice! On that subject it has aged rather nicely with full bodied flavor but has also darkened, even in a dark cupboard, and I notice it is a bit of a coil gunker due to yellow cake element in combination with dark fruit.
Also. I tried using Raspberry as the actual food version created for HRH Queen Victoria calls for this.
Then proceeded to use Blackberry and finally decided I liked strawberry best as my fruit filling,
You could use whatever fruit you're partial to I suppose but IMO strawberry is the nicest.

Personalize the recipe if you will, it is my own. I like it as is at 60/40 (60 being VG) but I realize this is equipment dependent. I mostly drip!

Also, you may like or have a more sensitive palate to flavorings. Mine is numb from 40 years of smoking so I tend to have a rather heavy %age to suit my own needs and the choices I made to use some less concentrated flavorings from companies like FW for example.

I compared this side by side with SB Mother's Milk clone recipes and think I prefer this although I am fond of both.

Enjoy
Juicy :)

a63t0tm.jpg

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Also referred to as Victoria Sandwich in the UK.
This is one of my favorite recipes and my records show the earliest attempts being in February of 2015, so about a year ago. Since then the recipe has been tweaked very little as I immediately liked how it developed.

I would not call it an all day vape, more of an occasional treat so don't make up a 200ml batch as I did back in October of last year unless you like really aged juice! On that subject it has aged rather nicely with full bodied flavor but has also darkened, even in a dark cupboard, and I notice it is a bit of a coil gunker due to yellow cake element in combination with dark fruit.
Also. I tried using Raspberry as the actual food version created for HRH Queen Victoria calls for this.
Then proceeded to use Blackberry and finally decided I liked strawberry best as my fruit filling,
You could use whatever fruit you're partial to I suppose but IMO strawberry is the nicest.

Personalize the recipe if you will, it is my own. I like it as is at 60/40 (60 being VG) but I realize this is equipment dependent. I mostly drip!

Also, you may like or have a more sensitive palate to flavorings. Mine is numb from 40 years of smoking so I tend to have a rather heavy %age to suit my own needs and the choices I made to use some less concentrated flavorings from companies like FW for example.

I compared this side by side with SB Mother's Milk clone recipes and think I prefer this although I am fond of both.

Enjoy
Juicy :)

a63t0tm.jpg
Thank you for sharing! I've not been able to vape fruits in a year & a half of vaping until very recently when another change in my tastebuds seems to have made strawberry acceptable. So I'll be ordering some strawberries soon. Can't wait to try this!

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
That looks good. I'm going to try it when I get more bottles in. Thanks for sharing it. I love custard and I love cake.

Thank you for sharing! I've not been able to vape fruits in a year & a half of vaping until very recently when another change in my tastebuds seems to have made strawberry acceptable. So I'll be ordering some strawberries soon. Can't wait to try this!

I just noticed an error on the ejuice Me Up screen.
The Whipped Cream element is in fact FA, not TFA (TPA), not that it's crucial to the recipe to use a specific brand. The cream is a smoother and creates the mouth feel.
Just wanted to let you guys know in case you wanted to be true to my recipe with precision.
Apologies for that.

Reactions: Kenna

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
The Whipped Cream element is in fact FA, not TFA (TPA), not that it's crucial to the recipe to use a specific brand. The cream is a smoother and creates the mouth feel.
Just wanted to let you guys know in case you wanted to be true to my recipe with precision.
Apologies for that.

Thanks! :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Apologies for that.
Got it. Thanks!

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I had issues with fruit flavors my first 4 years of vaping. I'm fine with Strawberry now and Banana Creams.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Funny, I like bananas but haven't liked many vapes combining the flavor. Trying a banana nut bread recipe out today to see if I can turn it around!

So, anyone make the Victoria sponge and try it yet? Let me know what you think of it please and offer any suggestions if you have made any changes...I enjoy feedback.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Funny, I like bananas but haven't liked many vapes combining the flavor. Trying a banana nut bread recipe out today to see if I can turn it around!

So, anyone make the Victoria sponge and try it yet? Let me know what you think of it please and offer any suggestions if you have made any changes...I enjoy feedback.
I've made it. I had to increase % & added some Cap Sweet Strawberry. Very good!

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Great, thanks Kenna for letting me know. I have CAP Sweet Strawberry so may try that next batch.
I'm quite surprised you increased %'s as I thought most would find a 28% flavoring recipe somewhat flavor heavy. I vape max. VG mostly these days but was at 50/50 and from there on kept on increasing my VG over the year. This recipe was based on the 60/40 since I find it steeps to a full bodied sweet juice with a good balance between the cake and fruit.

How long did you steep yours and would you post the %'s used.
I think it will be interesting to compare results.

Thanks
Juicy

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Great, thanks Kenna for letting me know. I have CAP Sweet Strawberry so may try that next batch.
I'm quite surprised you increased %'s as I thought most would find a 28% flavoring recipe somewhat flavor heavy. I vape max. VG mostly these days but was at 50/50 and from there on kept on increasing my VG over the year. This recipe was based on the 60/40 since I find it steeps to a full bodied sweet juice with a good balance between the cake and fruit.

How long did you steep yours and would you post the %'s used.
I think it will be interesting to compare results.

Thanks
Juicy
I used Cap VC v1, took out the butter because the CAP VC has a buttery note, & added 1.5 of Sweet Strawberry after the 2 week steep. I wasn't getting much strawberry flavor. I'm only able to vape fruits at all for about a month so I know my tastebuds are weird. I've been vaping for 18 months after over 44 years of smoking & still having taste changes.

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
nice, I have the Cap v1 also but haven't tried it as yet in this recipe but I imagine it does give the butter note having used it in other recipes. Much richer than v2 VC!
One thing I noticed is that the strawberry really comes out strong after a 3-4 week steep just be aware but I doubt 1.5% will be too much if you like that sweet strawberry; I'm going to try it also since I want to create a more jam filling like taste.
We both have a similar track record there; 42 yrs smoking and just shy of 2 years vaping and I'm not a big fan of fruit either.

I used Cap VC v1, took out the butter because the CAP VC has a buttery note, & added 1.5 of Sweet Strawberry after the 2 week steep. I wasn't getting much strawberry flavor. I'm only able to vape fruits at all for about a month so I know my tastebuds are weird. I've been vaping for 18 months after over 44 years of smoking & still having taste changes.

I have tried adding various flavor enhancers, Vape wizard or AP with some success if you care to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread