Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
The vast majority of video content posted on ECF is YouTube .. available to any and all, at any time .. whether they are on ECF or not .. why attempt to re-invent the Wheel .. ??

TV / Streaming / etc can and does contain content that is offensive to some .. also, available generally to One and All ..

mods must watch a Hell of a Lot of Videos on ECF .. sounds like a full time job to me .. ;)

What do other Sites do .. ?? As a Former mod on a Large Site, we did the same thing most sites do .. wait for a report from a User ..

"One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure" ..

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
As a Former mod on a Large Site, we did the same thing most sites do .. wait for a report from a User ..

Generally, that's what we do as well. If we see a video from a source that we've removed in the past, we'll watch it. But generally, we do let the membership let us know if there's something wrong in the video.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well, ECF moderators vet every single video that's posted here for language. Even ones that are really, really boring (oh, yeah, there are some of those). They're watched through to ensure

Generally, that's what we do as well. If we see a video from a source that we've removed in the past, we'll watch it. But generally, we do let the membership let us know if there's something wrong in the video.
well these two seem to be a bit contradictory, maybe I misunderstood something. I know some folks get report happy, so maybe too many are being reported which then have to be watched. As to funny, I'm not so good at that, and I know this wouldn't work at all, but it reminded me of this song we used to sing in VBS

At some point Users have to take responsibility for what they choose to view, and where.
Exactly this! Everyone knows that the internet has objectionable material that could be in any video. If I have kids around, (or if I were watching in public), I'm very careful about what shows might be on tv, or the videos I watch. As every responsible adult should.

Used to be the guilty suffered the consequences of their actions, now others do in too many circumstances. I jumped through 9,000 hoops today trying to get a doc to up my pain meds because too many abuse them. He finally agreed to do it, but it took me getting so frustrated over him wanting to cause me to stay in the pain I'm in, that I was dang near in tears. He kept saying "but so many abuse them" Hello........you know I'm not one of them

mods definitely shouldn't have to watch all the vids, or even a large bunch of the vids that are posted here. Put the responsibility back on folks who are listening to them. That said, I do appreciate that really bad language isn't allowed here in text for us to be bombarded with it like some other places, but everyone should understand ya takes yur chances if you click on a vid. Like someone said, you need to self sensor if you're watching youtube, and that's where most of the vids come from I'm sure.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Mark all video as potentially offensive, tags removed once vetted by a moderator
Rely on the committed membership to screen posted video and report anything offensive
Implement temporary bans for posters of offensive materiel, longer bans for repeat offenders

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
One question: Is a mandatory disclaimer going to get stuff flagged, all on its own? I mean, you're basically pointing to all videos and saying: this may contain material against the rules, which in and of itself could cause problems. Just thinking out loud here.

Maybe a warning like: Video content is posted at user's discretion, and may be removed if it violates TOS. I know it's not funny, or fun, but it's to the point, and it reduces load on the mods to watch every video, and then yes, if those watching it feel it's not for the faint of heart, then it can be reported.

Or a simple: Not for the faint of heart which may be then changed to "Even for the faint of heart" once it's been up for a while and hasn't been reported. Unless it's kinda from a known source for extremely foul language in which case it should probably be taken down? IDK. Anything super funny that I could come up with would probably not be the greatest tag for a video, if that tag itself gets examined by advertisers/suppliers/etc., and then you run into a problem. :(

Anna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The vast majority of video content posted on ECF is YouTube .. available to any and all, at any time .. whether they are on ECF or not .. why attempt to re-invent the Wheel .. ??

TV / Streaming / etc can and does contain content that is offensive to some .. also, available generally to One and All ..

Mods must watch a Hell of a Lot of Videos on ECF .. sounds like a full time job to me .. ;)

What do other Sites do .. ?? As a Former mod on a Large Site, we did the same thing most sites do .. wait for a report from a User ..

"One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure" ..
^^^^^^THIS! ^^^^^^^

If someone is being knowingly & deliberately obnoxious or just filthy, they can be reported. And reports will reveal who those tend to be so they can be monitored, ignored, tagged, or removed if beyond reasonable. People know when they are posting questionable or inappropriate, or hurtful things. If they choose to do it anyway it just shows they don't care, so report them. Then there is the issue of those with no filters for various reasons, I doubt they would be surprised to be flagged, disliked, find a lack of interaction. And those self-appointed moderators who don't participate much (unless it's to admonish/correct/critisize & then disappear again), but lurk with their finger hovering over the report button are not as invisible as they think they are.
I try really hard not exposed others to my issues, but occasionally that dog gets out when pushed enough. Everyone has their own stuff.
None of my employers allowed non-work related internet or email use other than lunch times. It was a termination thing, & randomly audited. A warning or 2 & you were gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Seen on many other forums.
Some show a preview of the media, some keep it concealed until "consent" is clicked.

wheel.jpg

Thanks @Oliver

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread