Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
YouTube - Video Review : Johnson Creek "Chocolate Almond Decadence"

This is a review of the "Chocolate Almond Decadence" flavored e-liquid from Johnson Creek

flavor - 7
vapor - 7
throat hit - 6
overall - 7

All reviews are done according to the following guidelines.

1) Clean, fresh atomizer. Blown out, rinsed, drained, blown out again and then "cooked off" to make sure NO LIQUID is left on the internal wick
2) Newly stuffed cart. Brand new blank for all intents and purposes - Cart topped off with the liquid being reviewed.
3) 2 drops of liquid placed on the metal wick of the atomizer
4) Freshly charged battery.
5) NEW GUIDELINE: If the liquid is a stated flavor (Coffee, Strawberry, Vanilla, Pineapple, Cola etc...) and does not match the flavor it is advertised to be an automatic 2 point deduction will be made to the "flavor" score. If it says "Cherry", I want to taste cherry.

Review categories:

Flavor : 1 - 10 (1=unusable, 10=heavenly)
Vapor Production : 1-10 (1= no vapor at all, 10=Marlboro 100 at below 0 )
Throat hit : 1-10 (1= no sensation at all, 10=Real cigarette)
Overall : 1-10 (Includes all of the above plus personal impressions relating to the liquid.)

Scoring :

1-2 : Unbearable. DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF.
3-4 : Very poor. Useable but not recommended. There's something that's not right and it kills the entire experience.
5-6 : Poor - Average. Meh...It makes vapor, it doesn't taste foul and it tickles a little. Nothing to write home about.
7-8 : Good - You can feel pretty confident buying this juice. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it well.
9-10 : Amazing! - THIS is the stuff that will kill tobacco smoking. Simply put, an amazing puff that's well worth the money.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Terraphon--again, another Great Review. And nice to see JC comes across some flavors worth giving a try. One question---After reviewing several of these JC's flavors, have you noticed a slight undertone of the same base running though them all?

What I mean is could you taste a slight hint of any kind of base flavor or was this particular flavor strictly Chocolate with a nutty taste to it. Thanks again for the effort you put forth in these consistant reviews--it is greatfully appreciated by us all---Sun :thumb:

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Terraphon--again, another Great Review. And nice to see JC comes across some flavors worth giving a try. One question---After reviewing several of these JC's flavors, have you noticed a slight undertone of the same base running though them all?

What I mean is could you taste a slight hint of any kind of base flavor or was this particular flavor strictly Chocolate with a nutty taste to it. Thanks again for the effort you put forth in these consistant reviews--it is greatfully appreciated by us all---Sun :thumb:

Something I have noticed is that the flavors do actually have a bit of a citrus-y edge to them. I think that's because of the lemon juice or citric acid they're using as a preservative.

It is very, VERY faint in the chocolate almond and kona but SCREAMING in the original tobacco and wild cherry...though that's likely due to other flavors enhancing it.

I would not be at all surprised to find that they just whip up a batch of an unflavored base and then add flavoring to it...In fact, I'm 90% certain that's exactly what they do.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Another good review, thanks Terraphon!

Sorry if you have already answered this but I checked all your reviews and did not see an answer; are the flavors you are trying their PG or NON-PG recipe?

They are all the PG recipe.

I haven't tried any of the VG stuff...now that I think about, though, I bet there's a flavor difference...................

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Another nice one. I kinda figured you liked it before I opened the video because there was no NSFW disclaimer. :)

However I noticed that your camera did get you to drop the f-bomb once!

At the end of the day though... would you get it again?

Actually, I'm in the great position of being able to say that I didn't get it in the first place.

I'm getting small samples of the liquids from a buddy of mine who got them from JC.

So to answer a modified version of your question : "Would I spend money on it?"

No, I wouldn't. I think there's a LOT better out there and for my money, I want the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread