Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

This is my first review, so please bear with me. I have read a lot of reviews, and I am going to rate things 1-10 on flavor accuracy, throat hit, and vapor production

I ordered a bunch of juice from Viking Vapor all over a month ago. Some of them I vaped right away, and some I put off to the side. I am giving everything a second chance just to see if anything changed over time. I know some juices get better with age/steeping.

So here goes-

Apple Smoke -24mg, mix 70/30, dbl flavor
This one I didnt care for too much at first. I gave it an honest shot but found it was not for me. It has a strong apple flavor with a smokey back end, and at first it was too smokey. Like campfire smokey or like sticking your head in a meat smoker, smokey. I let it sit (2 months at least) because I didnt care for it. Today I opened it up, and it smelled really good. I vaped a bit of it, and the flavor has matured a lot. So this one does get better with time. It now has a very mild taste which is sweet and smokey and wonderful, and a very smooth throat hit.
9 for accuracy of flavor
6 for th
7.5 for vapor production

Hawaiian Mesquite 24mg, 70/30 mix, dbl flavor
This one I got the same time as the apple smoke, and it was horrible. I love Viking, and I vape their juice daily, but this one is for only the BBQ lovers out there(and even then....) It has a sweet roasted fruity front taste, but the back end is ALL BBQ sauce, but not in a good way. I love bbq, but this is pretty sick. I steeped it, and it did change a little, but it is still not one I would vape willingly lol.
I have to say this one is my fault more than anything for being a little brave on flavors.
8 for accuracy
7 th
7 vapor production

Caramel Apple- 24 mg, 70/30 mix, dbl flavor
This was one I could not put down. It has a slight apple taste to it, a bit of a cinamon or maple flavor, and is very sweet. I loved it, but people around me were always making comments about pancakes or waffle smells(I love both so didnt bother me). I went through this bottle really quick, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I didnt order more because I am still experimenting, and if I have this stuff around I usually stick with it through the day. That being said, as far as a caramel apple, I was hoping for more of the green kind of sour caramel apples, but this was still good. Not spot on but I love it anyway, good vapor production
7 for accuracy (still very very tasty!)
7 th
8 vapor production

Coconut- 24mg, 70/30 mix, dbl flavor
I usually dont like coconut very much, but I got this one after another vendor included a free carto full of coconut... I loved that so much I wanted to find a juice for it. I was not disappointed by this in any way. The throat hit is great, not too strong but always there, the vapor production was outstanding, and it tastes just like coconut. I went through the bottle very quickly, and I would order more for sure.
9 for accuracy
8 for throat hit
8 for vapor production

Caramel Macchiato - 24 mg, 70/30 mix, dbl flavor
This one I was looking forward to trying. I have always been searching for that sweet, creamy, coffee flavor, but I have not found anything that stole the show yet. This was no different. It is a good vape, nothing special IMO. Good vapor production, good throat hit, but the flavor just didnt do it for me. The caramel is lost, the coffee is muddled, and nothing popped about it. If think if it was a bit sweeter I would have been satisfied, but that is my opinion. I mixed this one in with a strong kona coffee flavor I had laying around and put some vanilla in with it to make something I liked more than when it all started.
6 accuracy
7 for throat hit
7 for vp

That is it for right now. Thats the 5 flavors I got with my first order from them, and I ordered even more after that. I am planning on reviews the other flavors today or later in the week.

Let me know what you think of my first review, and also what flavors/vendors you have tried and love. Happy vaping!

leenix

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Upstate NY USA
I'm bumping because i just made my first large order with these guys and would love to hear what anyone who has experience with this vendor may have to say about them. Thanks for the review putout i ordered the apple tobaco too hope i like it without the steeping im just too impatient. :) If you happen to see this i'd love to see your impression on other flavors you have tried since you posted this.

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
I have ordered from them alot. I especially like their blueberry and strawberry cheesecake (those are better with a couple days steeping), banana cream, apple pie, french toast, crumb cake, caramel (better after those couple of days too), red licorice, lemon lime soda, pralines and cream, kahlua and cream (very nutty taste to me), butter rum, and bubble gum.

Their eggnog is out of this world and spot on but very strong even as a single flavor.

All ordered 24 mg double flavor except the bubble gum and butter rum those I found are way too strong for my taste at double but good at single. Have ordered them all as 100 VG and the mix. All are good with either mix as far as vapor production and taste. I am not much of a PG person so I think I prefer the all VG. Just me though.

I didn't care for a few flavors but it is just that subjective taste deal and maybe because I always double since I like a flavorful juice and those flavors much like bubble gum and butter rum are strong enough to stand on their own and too strong (for me anyway) to be doubled.

Using a 510 and Ego with them.

I have not tried their tobacco flavors. What flavors did you order?

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
Hi Leenix. I looked back at my first orders and I ordered the full throat hit the first time too. Was a little much for me but then again I am not much on throat hit most of the time.

You'll have to post reviews of those flavors. Especially the Kamel.

I am trying to do more DIY lately to save money and in case NY really does do the ban someday. I do need to find a good tobacco, had no luck in making that yet or finding a good flavoring. But I am new to DIY

I did review some of the flavors from Viking Vapor that I tried a while back. Will have to look for those posts, I could probably post them here on this thread if I can find them.

See you are in Upstate NY too :)

leenix

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Upstate NY USA
yes i will review them. hopefully they will be here in 2-4 days. I'm seriously thinking ill eventually make the plunge into DIY too, sounds like a lot of fun and who doesn't like saving. The potential ban is definitely pretty scary. I'm actually a Rochesterian as well. Have you happened to attend any of the vape meets I've been reading about here? There is a Rochester social group on ecf if you haven't seen it. I'm planning on getting to the next meet, from what i've read its a good time.
good luck with that tab diy.
:D

Kris2527

Dec 20, 2010
Oklahoma
This was the first supplier I ever ordered liquid from! I have tried a few of them over the last few months. I really liked their ry4. It was the first ry4 I had ever tried, and, to me, it tasted great! My hubby loves their vanilla, but NOT vanilla butternut. Their menthol tobacco is not great. (IMO). It smells like cat pee and tastes like vapor rub.. I'm actually glad I came across this post. I've been starting to try Vg only juices, and was very curious what theirs taste like. I'm definitely going to get some ry4 from them soon!

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
Small world leenix...

I see that there is a social group. Haven't attended.

They seem to be meeting all over the place and my transportation options are limited.

Have to say though, I have never seen anyone else vape in public other than me in Rochester. Glad to think there are a few others around. :)

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
The RY4 tastes almost like it has a cola base with caramel and not really a vanilla taste but very smooth also very sweet. It needs steeping time or you risk it tasting like feet. once steeped a week or so it tastes better. I have reordered once and liked it better the 2nd time around. I also think it has a really strong flavor without double flavoring. I think the double would be super sweet. I really like extra sweetener in all my juices but not this one. I wish I could order more but the site certificate is out of date and I dont want to risk it. nevermind I just checked they renewed it since 2 weeks ago. I had problems last time. Yay more RY4 for me and also their Blueberry is the best ever I have tried it from several vendors and just cannot find one that comes close. I am off to order now.

Kris2527

Dec 20, 2010
Oklahoma
I got hooked on their ry4, then tried fsusa's version, and I like Vikings better. I've just never tried it in Vg. I've always gotten the mix. I've only tried Vg based liquids from two places, and they were very different from each other, as far as consistency, and also the Vg aftertaste. I'm thrilled that the Vg version of Vikings flavors may be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread