viking vapor's Vanilla and S'mores flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMathClub

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
us
so i placed an order to VV a few days ago. i have read great reviews about their products and decided to give them a whirl. i ordered vanilla with a hint of cherry, and straight s'mores.

i want to start this review by adding that the ordering process was easy, the products were sent out fast, and the service was good. those unfamiliar with viking vapor should note that it is a truly custom ordering experience, where can tweak everything from the flavor you are ordering ( ie: a touch of almond, or more grape taste plz), all the way to the throat hit and nic levels, for EVERY FLAVOR. as well as your mix, how much vg/pg.

i ordered both in no nic, in straight VG. this being my first time with straight vg, i was prepared for a shift in flavor, as pg and vg taste different.

im using a royal smoke brand 510(?) style unit

starting with vanilla:

i wasn't sure what to expect. with their back ground in candy making, i was fairly certain that this would be a tasty vape, but was not sure what way it would go. frosting, ice cream, cream soda? when it arrived, it was safely packed in bubble wrap in a priority box, along with the s'mores flavor. both bottles were neatly labeled.

i dripped a bit of vanilla into my atty, and was met with a VERY vanilla tasting flavor, as well as the famous, or infamous, vg after taste. i found it a bit earthy (the after taste) but not unplesent. there was a hint of cherry in the bottle, but im working on tasting it in the vape, but saying that, i dont miss it, and i know its there, but the vanilla is powerful.

the vanilla in this flavor was akin to frosting, or cake even. and once i adjusted to the vg flavor palette, i was REALLY impressed with this vape. given that i ordered the smoothest vape of all time (vg, no nic) throat his was still noticeable, but not pronounced, though i have heard that when ordered with nic and a TH to your liking, its quite strong, if thats the way you want it. vapor production was outstanding. the more i vaped, the more i loved this flavor. i REALLY want to mix this with peach and see what happens. i have no "sitting" time with this liquid, as is often recommended with boutique liquids, so i imagine it will taste better with time. and that's saying a lot. my favorite way to vape this is to inhale, then exhale through the mouth, and catch the last bit through the nose. its just awe inspiringly vanilla-y, like im inhaling a cake.:vapor:

the s'mores:

this also impresses with its strong vapor production, and flavor, as well as a noticeable TH. the flavor is a complex one, that is, for me, tough to nail down. very chocolatey, with hints of cinnamon and some kind of other flavor, and its rich. this goes GREAT with vanilla. smellling the bottle will lend you a strange chocolatey odor, but it's the vaping that catches your attention. it's more like, it reminds me of smores, than say a dead on reproduction, that being said, that does not detract from it at all. im so perplexed by the way the flavors play off each other that i keep coming back coming back to it excited. its a good flavor for savory vape lovers and chocolate fans alike, good flavor.

i easily recommend both the vendor and the flavors

Last edited:
VV vanilla is my favorite flavor. And it will get a bit stronger, and darker in color, as it sits.

Their s'mores flavor was just ok to me. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but I have yet to find a chocolate flavor from anyone that will satisfy my sweet tooth. Haven't tried it with the vanilla though, sounds interesting. Think I have a ml or two of the s'mores left in my stash, have to try that out...

TheMathClub

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
us
the thing i have noticed about s'mores since last night, is that as a straight flavor, i prefer vanilla, BUT! i keep returning to s'mores, because i cant get get over how all the flavors intermingle. it's a very interesting and fun vape, but i must admit it took a few minutes for me to form a solid opinion. with vanilla, it's a whole different animal. lol. glad to see someone else has tried VV, truly a great experience from the purchase to the vape.

TheMathClub

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
us
update! 11/2/10 - these flavors are killer, but i have begun using lighter flavors from tttel, winter mango, and winter peach, for my every day vapes. that being said, these liquids from VV are so lush and rich with flavor and sweetness, that for me they are THE desert vapes for me. if i have a rough day, or maybe its cold outside, i'll drag these. a comfort vape i guess, lol. i find the vanilla loves a cooler running atty, where as the s'mores dosent seem to mind as much what it's in. these are so rich though, that they tend to ghost your atty a bit, so have some cleaning solution around if you swap flavors alot (i use potato vodka).

malaga82287

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
Yorktown, Va
ill tell you in a few days...i ordered it last night so i gotta wait for it:( but ive heard nothing but good reviews about it. I wanted an eGo or Riva but was really sold on the Inferno. I have the Volcano mini ecig now and its good for what it is but now it think its time to move up in the vaping world...so im selling my volcano mini ecig kit to my friend whos interested in starting to vape. But I also ordered a KR808D-1 kit just keep a "cigarette" PV on hand.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I received the Marlboro juice from them. It tastes like baby powder! Strong baby powder. I've let it steep over a week and still baby powder. I emailed them and haven't gotten a answer. I know they are moving so I'll give them time. They had great customer service and answered many questions before I bought from them. I'm hoping to get some idea why it tastes like this. I've bought from MANY places in the last few years and never tasted anything like this. I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch. Will wait to hear from them. Any one else had a juice taste like this?

redx

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Reading, Pa.
I've had one bottle of juice from them come and taste like nothing. It was the apricot which I had gotten in all vg. You may want to try emailing them again. For some reason when I first emailed them, they did not receive it. My second email to them was answered the same day, followed by some immediate action. They ended up issuing me a coupon code for the full amount of purchase so that I could get a free bottle on my next order. Which, I just sent on through today. They did that on my request as I didn't mind saving him the shipping cost and pushing it off til my next order. I had plenty of juice to hold me off until next time and the bottle I had gotten wasn't bad... It just needed more flavoring.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I've had one bottle of juice from them come and taste like nothing. It was the apricot which I had gotten in all vg. You may want to try emailing them again. For some reason when I first emailed them, they did not receive it. My second email to them was answered the same day, followed by some immediate action. They ended up issuing me a coupon code for the full amount of purchase so that I could get a free bottle on my next order. Which, I just sent on through today. They did that on my request as I didn't mind saving him the shipping cost and pushing it off til my next order. I had plenty of juice to hold me off until next time and the bottle I had gotten wasn't bad... It just needed more flavoring.

Thanks for info. As I said I thought they were moving. I'm sure they will make it right as the pre order customer service was great. I also will give it more time to steep in hopes that it will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread