Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Another review from another Vinci, the VINCI AIR.

intro-2.jpg

Intro.jpg

It is the 4th VINCI in its collection, the main difference is this one it is 20% lighter and 30% thinner than the VINCI, also it has a new airflow system that should give a better MTL and restricted DTL experience.

Let’s start of with some pictures and information about this kit from the Voopoo website.

intro-specs.png

intro-specs-2.png

intro-specs-3.png

intro-specs-4.png

intro-specs-5.png

intro-specs-6.png

intro-specs-7.png

In the box you’ll get below

VINCI AIR device*1
VINCI AIR Replacement Pod (4ml*1)
PnP-VM4,0.6Ω*1
PnP-R2,1.0Ω*1
USB Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

Packaging.jpg

What I think about this kit?

First thought, another VINCI? The period between the releases of all 4 VINCI’s is so short that I started wondering why Voopoo does not put the focus on a new DRAG mod or anything different. But this one is however different from the others and I do find major differences with the others.

The shape of the device to me is a lot nicer than the other Vinci’s, because its thinner it allows it to comfortably hold it between 2 fingers while vaping, it is also significantly lighter.

It has a proper build quality and it is made out of proper materials, read Zinc Alloy. It holds very well in the hand and the buttons are placed well and respond properly.

Design.jpg

With its tiny screen it is also different from the other Vinci’s, it reminds me much of the Aegis Boost, a tiny screen that is well readable and has all information you need from a device.

Screen.jpg

Function wise the AIR has much fewer fancy features going on, it is kept very limited in functionalities. The only thing you can do is to reset the puff counter, activate autodraw+button activation or only button draw, and it allows to lock the device, but that’s it really. It does not have the puff curve option or the option to active auto draw only.

plusminus-buttons.jpg

For the rest it’s all standard in navigation, 5 clicks on/off, 3 clicks to switch between auto+manual draw or manual draw, down button + fire button to reset the buff counter, and up button + fire button to lock/unlock the device. I like simplicity so for me those functions are enough.

Flavor and performance of these coils is excellent. Both have a proper airflow inlet and deliver smooth and delicious dense vaper. Pity that the coil options are limited, wised the PnP-C1 (MTL) was compatible with this one, but can’t even find those on the Voopoo website any longer, not sure why as those are fantastic MTL coils.

Airflow to me is also slightly improved compared to the other Vinci’s, this one has a much better MTL option and the DTL restricted airflow to me is spot on for the tiny low wattage coils that are available for this kit. The MTL airflow option to me is the big star of this kit, it is much better than the other Vinci’s and I think Voopoo with this kit also focuses more on the MTL peeps out there. The tiny airflow hole allows for a proper not too loose and not too tight MTL hit.

Airflow-DTL.jpg

Airflow-MTL.jpg

One slight issue with this device is the battery, due to its size (900mAh) I really see this pod mod exclusively as a proper MTL kit. The DTL coil (PnP-VM4) performs well, but after 80 puffs on its highest 80 watt setting its already time to charge while the MTL on its highest 15watt setting can reach between 220-230 puffs. Also, it has 1A charging which means it takes an hour to charge a 900mAh battery which to me is quite long.

The pods are something I love about the Vinci’s, they are light, and you can easily see your coils and amount of liquid. Filling it up is also working really well without making a mess due to its large fill hole. 4ML is a proper capacity for the coils as they don’t seem to really suck up much liquid, in the end they are small coils.

Pod-1.jpg

Pod-2.jpg

Pod-liquid.jpg

Filling-pod.jpg

The mouthpiece it the same as the other Vinci’s, to me its an OK mouthpiece for both DTL and MTL, still I prefer round drip-tips, but this does the job well.

Let’s sum up some pros and cons

Pros

- Airflow for the MTL vapers is excellent (might be slightly too loose for some)
- Design, love the shape and materials they used
- Pods are easy and mess free to fill
- Transparent pods
- Simple to operate, no fancy functionalities
- Flavor and coil performance are excellent

Cons

- Battery life, especially when using it with DTL coils
- 1A charging, just takes a bit too long to charge for such small battery
- 4th Vinci, still no adjustable airflow

Final thoughts

Another VINCI but again something unique. It is a proper kit for the MTL-vapers, for those that prefer DTL, I would suggest to buy the Vinci or Vinci X instead. As seen in the cons the battery is for me one of the main cons of this kit.

I overall like all VINCI’s, they perform well and have a nice option of coils out there. I do however still miss exactly adjustable airflow on all of those. If Voopoo will release a VINCI kit that will have an airflow ring to exactly adjust the airflow it would become a very strong contender for all other pod-mods out there. Hope Voopoo will work on that.

The kit is available for 30-35 dollars and the coils are all not so pricy. Is it worth the investment? For MTL vapers that look for a pod-mod, yes. For DTL vapers I suggest adding 10 dollars to get yourselve the Vinci X or Vinci.

Thank you for taking your precious time to read my review, wishing you a lovely day.

SP013

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
And, as I posted somewhere, I think this is a very good pod mod or AIO or whatever we want to call them. Good flavor, good clouds.
I just bought a second one. I had one Orion break, I had a different pod mod starting to spit, and as much as I first liked the Zbiip it's so heavy and vaping a lot of unflavored (and thus clear) I can't quite ever see the juice level in that one. so I needed a backup in-my-pocket, and so it goes. Voopoo wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread