The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VIP 1st meeting date/time set!

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by Hellen A. Handbasket, Jun 20, 2009.

Tags:

Does this Date/Time work for you?

1. Yes, I'll be there!

2. No - I can't go on July 5th

3. No - I can't go on Sundays

4. No - Other (please post reason)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey VIPers. How would you like a meeting place to vape, eat and drink INDOORS? Ahhh, Arizona nirvana!! We've got it!!

We can have a nice lunch, have a beer (or 2) and vape to our heart's content inside... it's a NICE place in a central location.

Featuring Thirty One Flat Screen High Definition televisions displaying sports of every genre including: NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, Golf, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Horse racing, NASCAR, Ultimate Fighting, and more. Hazelwood’s also sponsors local sports teams, including Phoenix Rugby & Roller Derby.

In addition to sports, we offer Karaoke Tuesday & Saturday Nights & Pub Trivia (for prizes) Wednesday & Thursday Night. Recently We have added Poker Sunday & Monday Nights, and Guitar Hero Competition for prizes Monday Night as well.

On the covered, patio you will find live music Saturday Nights, poker tournaments and a monthly mini-beer fest. Incredible drink and food specials, 16 beers on tap, Wi-Fi Internet connectivity, a new internet juke box, PGA golf, bowling and hunting video games, as well as pool and shuffleboard, make Hazelwood’s the perfect place to come for lunch , happy hour or a night out.

DATE: JULY 12 (SUNDAY) AT 1:00PM
    PLACE: HAZELWOODS 1ST PLACE
    http://www.hazelwoodsfirstplace.com/
    3626 E Indian School Rd
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    Phone: (602) 957-2462
    Map - http://www.hazelwoodsfirstplace.com/node/32

I know Disman is concerned about the food aspect, this place has got ya covered brother! LOL Here ya go Dis, plenty of good eats on the menu:
    Menu | Phoenix Sports Bar - Hazelwoods First Place

Thanks to Rich Hazelwood (who owns PHX Smokeless and Hazelwood's 1st Place) and John Andrews for quickly agreeing to work out something special for us at their fine establishment. They are going to make this really a wonderful day and first meet for us. Maybe even a few SURPRISES. :rolleyes:
    http://www.phxsmokelesscigarettes.com/ct/store/home.asp

Note - Day and time was chosen figuring Sunday at 1:00 would encourage our Tucson and other out of towner's to make a little morning trip in order to make it for at least the first one??!!

We may decide to change the next time to an evening time during the week. We'll discuss whether to do it again, and the day at the first meet up, k?

If you have concerns about this place, date or anything else, please post NOW since I will be getting back to them at the end of next week to set this in stone.

I'd like to give them a head count. Please vot on the poll if you are/aren't going to attend.

I'll make sure RadioKaos (Jerry) and Sannersays (Matt) get the info. so they're included with their opinion as well.

Your welcome to bring your significant other (or designated driver). :thumb:

It WILL all end in massive fog and beers.... lol.
    Vicky

2. DisMan

DisMan Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2008
    I'm in!

Good menu. And it's all about me getting fatter. :)

3. Spikey

Spikey Moved On

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! Sorry I can't be at the meeting.. but maybe MaliceDoll will attend for me?

4. Hellen A. Handbasket

She better, dammit! Wish you could be here too!

5. ArizonaVapin

ArizonaVapin Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    I voted yes and most likely will go. If my wife and I could find a sitter, we both might come! Hope to see you all there.:thumbs:

6. laynies

laynies Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    Yay! I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

7. pspin69

pspin69 Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    Las Vegas
    I am new to this group but I can,t wait to meet fellow vapers, see you there!

8. pspin69

Apr 21, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Hope more than 5 of us show up!

9. Hellen A. Handbasket

If you post it, they will come... (hey, wasn't that a movie?) Maybe I need to change it to:

If we bump it, they will come...

LOL

I'm sure we'll get a nice group for the first one. Regardless if it is 5 or 25, how nice is it going to be to be able to sit, chat and relax in public without worrying about some butt head telling us that we can't "smoke" in there?

10. DisMan

Sep 2, 2008
    5 peeps fogging up a bar, drinking some drinks, and munching down on some yummies sounds fine to me. Like you said, 5 or 25 is really irrelevant.

How long do you think until the cops show up?

11. pspin69

Apr 21, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Not long maybe we can convert them

12. Hellen A. Handbasket

Well, it won't be because some dill hole calls them on the smokers in the corner... These guys sell e-cigs in their bar... we have no worries there. They want us to vape in there.

Somehow I think if cops show, they will be wanting to talk to DISMAN... ha.;)

Should we start a bail fund now? Paypal contributions accepted.

13. wyldaz

wyldaz Full Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Phoenix AZ
    woohoo!

I'll see if I can drag my S/O along!
    ;-)

14. DisMan

Sep 2, 2008
    No, the cops may show up because some non-smokers call them. While the bar owner has rights, and so do we, there are quite a few other jack asses and a toll free number in Arizona that can be used to report "infractions".

Anyway, I am looking forward to this. I need to get out of the house and do that socializing crap people speak of.

15. Gswan

Gswan Full Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ.
    I'm there....
    Just finished my new 510 Nickostick, and I may have another toy to show off by then.
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    I'm hoping my wife will join me. She is not a smoker of any kind, but she is very glad I'm now an E-smoker!!:D

16. SS109

SS109 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Marana, AZ - USA
    Damn, it figures. I have a wedding I have to attend that day. Now, most weddings I can blow off but my wife won't let me out of this one as it is her brother's wedding.

Eh, hopefully I can make the next one.

17. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Arizona
    This is so close to my house I could walk if it weren't getting so darn hot.
    (and if I wasn't so lazy)
    I will try but not sure yet. I'd love to see everyone's e cigs.

18. desrtrat

desrtrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awww...this sucks. I'll be out of town for the July 4th Weekend...don't suppose you'd want to move the location up to Seattle would ya? hahaha Ah well..hopefully there'll be another one. Have fun people!!

19. Hellen A. Handbasket

Aww Desrt and SS... poop. You know we'll do another soon. This one is a Beta test, ha.

Haven't heard from RadioKaos and SannerSays yet... if they come, we're up to at least 9... More are joining each week so it promises to be lots of fun meeting everyone.

Bring yourrrrr cammmmmeeerrraaaaa (wasn't that a commercial for the drag races in Arizona?)!!
    V.

20. Hellen A. Handbasket

Ya know... this is early in the game of planning.

Would everyone rather do this is a week later?? We aren't set in stone.

Just heard from Matt (WetYourStick) and he can't do the 5th (out of town).

I'd like for everyone to be able to go to the first one and I guess that was stupid of me to set the date on that weekend :oops:

Just post with YES 12th or NO 12th in the title of your post HERE in this thread. Okay?

We'll get it figured out and if it goes as planned on the 5th, we'll do it again next month!
    v.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.