Virgin vaper here, with a couple of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
So, brand new to the whole vaping thing. :blush: I'm been happily off analogs for 18 days. But, trying to figure out the hardware for this new venture has been... let's say... overwhelming.

After going through a couple of bad purchases, I got an eGo-C setup last week that I'm pretty happy with so far. Just the standard bits that come with it - regular attys, tanks, and a couple of batteries, plus several different samples of juice. Not the fanciest thing in the world, but hey. It works. I'm still a little unsure about how to clean the atomizers between flavors, so just for sampling different juices I bought some Boge 2.0 cartos. Figured I could fill each one up with a different juice and figure out what I like (and which ones are similar enough that they can share an atty in the eGo-C without really screwing with the taste). Which leads to my first question...

Good grief it's noisy (the carto).... it sounds like I'm about to vape a pan of sizzling bacon. Not even kidding. Is this normal? Does it mean I overfilled it? It's freaking me out just a bit.

Also - I think I've read 41 different ways to clean an atomizer. So many that it's making my head spin. Baking soda & vinegar, boiling water, isopropyl alcohol, dry burning, vodka (really?).... is there, say, a single [easy] way that it's best to start with? I guess without much experience yet, I don't have a lot of confidence that I'm not going to screw something up.

Lastly - I'm not sure what RY4 stands for, but is it supposed to taste like fried rice? :blink:

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
welcome to the forums and congrats on your quiting of cigs.
sounds like your boge's are maybe low resistance so might be burning to hot with no voltage adjustment on your ego-c's but a little snap crackle pop is usually a good sign of a nice new fresh atty, as long as your not getting a burnt taste its fine.
if your RY4 is dekang then fried rice sounds about right they have some pretty bad juices some are ok but i dont prefer them,there ry4 is supposed to be a tobacco flavor lol. i would try to get some juice from one of our many great vendors on here:)

igloo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
Lastly - I'm not sure what RY4 stands for, but is it supposed to taste like fried rice? :blink:

Hahahaha RY4 is a tabacco blend suppose to taste like camel i think

Yes that is normal cartos make a lot of noise for some reason. Congrats on quiting cancer sticks, and the ego-c setup is a great one, and one many of us on here have started with. Good luck and keep off the cancer sticks.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky

RY4 is from Ruyan #4. That was a popular ejuice in olden times. There is much legend surrounding RY4. Today, lots of vendors do their take on RY4 which has 3 basic flavor constituents: tobacco, caramel and vanilla. There are two major types of RY4: Classic types are Asian based or taste like those originated in Asia. Classic types are characterized by their lighter and brighter flavorings. Custom RY4's are those that vary from the Asian profile enough to distinguish themselves. Usually they are darker, and perhaps more full-bodied.

RY4's can be a lot of fun if one is so-disposed to the basic flavors mentioned above.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
sounds like your boge's are maybe low resistance so might be burning to hot with no voltage adjustment on your ego-c's but a little snap crackle pop is usually a good sign of a nice new fresh atty, as long as your not getting a burnt taste its fine.

So does that mean I bought the wrong kind to use with an eGo battery? Also, does the snap-crackle-pop go away after it's been used a little while?

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The noise may or may not die down.. But you have to realize that since it's so close to you, you might still be the only one hearing it. I have a soldier that sits 2 feet from me at work and I constantly stealth vape at my desk.. The only response I get is "Hey! Who's got the Green Apples??"

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I'm not sure what RY4 stands for, but is it supposed to taste like fried rice? :blink:

LOLOLOL! Ha! I laughed until I snorted vape up my nose and sneezed! Ha! Some flavors will be tasting a bit odd because your taste buds are out of whack and they'll get in whack and back out-a-whack again and again :p it's okay, brush teeth, brush tongue - options to brush with are toothpaste & baking soda - mouthwash is a hit or miss. And don't mix peroxide & baking soda - that's a nononono.

When my eGo snap & crackles, I have flooded it with juice and I clean the connector wells with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. I also think I have one juice that snaps because there is more alcohol in it, but I am not certain.

Glad to see you join the club =] When you get some tiramasu that tastes like COFFEE and also BURNED POPCORN, lemme know and we'll laugh about it :p

and there is a PIZZA flavor and a BACON flavor vape :p I've not had them, but I have RY4 coming and I hope it DOES taste like fried rice :p Then I will let it steep awhile and it will taste different :p

Last edited:

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
and there is a PIZZA flavor and a BACON flavor vape :p I've not had them, but I have RY4 coming and I hope it DOES taste like fried rice :p Then I will let it steep awhile and it will taste different :p

Well all I need now is this bacon flavor and it will match this crackling carto just perfectly LOL. Good idea about the steeping (and about my taste buds being out-of-whack). Think I'll uncap the RY4 and let it sit a while.

Now I'm craving lo mein.

w00st3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
goodyear az
Hey, im new to it all as well, I picked up an eGo-C battery and i just have a joye 510 atty on it with a drip tip on top. i drip directly into the atomizer because i vape in bursts as a cigarette smoker would.

what ive found to be an easy clean is: I got a can of Denatured alcohol from the hardware store. i fill a shot glass and drop my atty in, let it sit for a few minutes, the i take a utensil, mainly a chopstick and poke it around for a bit. take it out, wash it off, and ive vaped immediately after washing it, and blowing it out.

ive learned to take a qtip and swab the battery to atty connection, sometimes i see a small amount of juice in there. the q-tip more often than not comes out with some residue on it, only proving to me that i cleaned 'something' and i feel better about life. this atty has been working for a week. how long it lasts i dont know. im sure others will have way better ways to clean them, but at just a few bucks a piece i wasnt worried about breaking it or destroying anything.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
With the exception of 2 single coil carts, 1 Smoketech Dual cart, 1 eGo-C atty and a couple DOA's, I have all the carts I started with after 3 months.
I've tried several ways to clean them. Alcohol method.. Blah Boil method.. left them stained (3 boils and rinses)... I now simply rinse them in hot water for a few minutes, blow them out from the tip end over the sink and repeat until only clear looking and smelling water comes out. Once there, I give them a hard blow until nothing is coming out and stuff a rolled up piece of paper towel in the end and let dry for 24 hours. It's about 30 minutes of my time, but with rotating my cartos and attys I can afford the time verses the money.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
RY4 is from Ruyan #4. That was a popular ejuice in olden times. There is much legend surrounding RY4. Today, lots of vendors do their take on RY4 which has 3 basic flavor constituents: tobacco, caramel and vanilla. There are two major types of RY4: Classic types are Asian based or taste like those originated in Asia. Classic types are characterized by their lighter and brighter flavorings. Custom RY4's are those that vary from the Asian profile enough to distinguish themselves. Usually they are darker, and perhaps more full-bodied.

RY4's can be a lot of fun if one is so-disposed to the basic flavors mentioned above.

Perfect explaination for RY4.. It's one of my goto juices. The way you described it, is better than I've seen. :toast:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Well, I do love me some tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. But I don't get it in this juice. I like fried rice too, I just didn't intend on vaping it. :) Maybe I just need to try another brand.
Another member mentioned to me once that there are so many different variations of RY4. Some are nasty and some are wonderful. Taste is very subjective with this type of juice. Buy small and experment.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Well, I do love me some tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. But I don't get it in this juice. I like fried rice too, I just didn't intend on vaping it. :) Maybe I just need to try another brand.

Another member mentioned to me once that there are so many different variations of RY4. Some are nasty and some are wonderful. Taste is very subjective with this type of juice. Buy small and experment.

Over 100 RY4's have been produced for sale by a slew of vendors.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...views/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
LOLOLOL! Ha! I laughed until I snorted vape up my nose and sneezed! Ha! Some flavors will be tasting a bit odd because your taste buds are out of whack and they'll get in whack and back out-a-whack again and again :p it's okay, brush teeth, brush tongue - options to brush with are toothpaste & baking soda - mouthwash is a hit or miss. And don't mix peroxide & baking soda - that's a nononono.

When my eGo snap & crackles, I have flooded it with juice and I clean the connector wells with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. I also think I have one juice that snaps because there is more alcohol in it, but I am not certain.

Glad to see you join the club =] When you get some tiramasu that tastes like COFFEE and also BURNED POPCORN, lemme know and we'll laugh about it :p

I have actually tried pizza from Parkes Vaping.... and I must say that the only reason I got it was because I needed one more flavor to my order of samples and decided why not pizza! While I love to eat pizza, I found that vaping pizza is not for me.... although this juice really does taste like pizza...

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I would recommend the RY4 from Vermillion Rivers. It is the only one I have tried of the ry4's HOWEVER I have tried several tobaccos now. Vermillion Rivers are very high quality and just lovely vapes. Plus they have free 4.5ml sample just pay shipping. They are the only tobacco juices I like so far. And their RY4 is simply amazing tasting. Not like fired rice at all. But all of their tobacco flavors are great. Pick up a sample. :)

BTW the crackling is normal. It gets to be a soothing sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread