Vision Ego (aka Vision Stardust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monnie788

Nov 26, 2011
Kentucky
Just received the two I ordered from Virgin Vapor. I have been tearing my hair out trying to find a cartomizer that is reliable and does not leak, clog up or break. This looks extremely well made. I like the way the mouthpiece screws onto the plastic and the bottom seems to be very secure. I'm vaping on a Riva 510 and it fits like a glove. However I have a question. I just filled it with BWB's 18mg Expresso (I tend to vape a lot of coffee flavors) and on the other cartos I've used I always get that good robust coffee taste and TH. On the Vision (2.1 - 2.4 ohms) I filled it to capacity and started vaping. Cannot taste the coffee and very little TH with kind of a weird taste. Should I have done some dry burns before filling to take off the primer if this is what I'm tasting? Also the video on GotVapes says these need to be "broken in" so I'm hoping I will start tasting my juice and getting a better TH. Any comments?:blink:. Oh I also usually vape either 100% VG or higher mixture of VG vs PG. I just got in some juice from The Vapor Room and I'm trying a 50/50 mix.

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
We have about 12 in use currently, and got instant taste on all of them...can't really say we experience a "break in" period, but I know it's stated there is. We us a max of 50/50 mix, or higher PG, and pretty much vape horizontally with our egos so every time we vape we're already drawing more juice into the wick regardless on how full/empty the tanks are.

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
I ordered 10 of the higher resistance ones when they first came out. Have been using a little over two weeks. All have worked great for me. They are all still working except for one that developed cracks around the bottom after two weeks. Gonna break out some more. They just seem to work if you remember to keep the wicks wet when the juice gets low in the tank. I have changed flavors by just going as low as I dare on the first juice and then adding the second juice. Sometimes some weird flavors but it smooths out. I have also just removed the drip tip, rinsed out with water and let sit overnight and ready to use. Takes a minute or two to burn the water off the wicks and replace it with juice and then steady vaping. Finally, my coil gets gunked up with the juice I use and I just dry burn until I see it glowing. Really a pretty good set up and very simple to fill, use and clean. We will see how long they last. I haven't popped any coils yet.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I experience a bit of muted flavor with them so I put my stronger flavor in those (Snickerdoodle) and save my fruit flavors for the ce2's. I did notice that after a couple of tank fulls the performance does improve. I didn't get any weird taste from any of mine on the first fill, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

These things are so easy to use and just last and last. I hot water rinse them and shake them out, dry burn them and they're good as new. The slight loss of flavor isn't enough to keep me from using them or saying that these are just about perfect for a new vaper or vet vaper sick of messing with stuff. Just my opinion. Still...when I want spot on flavor and a little more heat, I turn to the Rev 5 ce2.

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
I love my stardust. When I fill one for the first time the taste is a little off, but gets better after a few pulls. If my juice is thicker than I let it sit for a bit, maybe like 5 minutes, so that it has time to wick properly. I hope you get them to work for you. They are so low maintenance and I like just grabbing my pv and heading out the door.

n2tkd

Dec 8, 2011
Honolulu,Hawaii
I have to agree with everyone else, great for a beginner. Don't like mixing coffee flavors with fruit flavers in any atty, so when I received mine which was green, had to use menthol. First vape and I fell in love with the Stardust. Can't wait to get more. Never noticed any light flavor probably because I was vaping menthol. Great vapor production and performance.
Happy Vaping:vapor:

sparklewolf

Dec 21, 2011
ireland
I got one in the post today and i'm not terribly impressed with it so far. it's the 2.1-2.4ohm version and i was vaping at 4.5v, bugger all flavour (i was expecting this and know you have to leave it to break in for a while so that's not a huge criticism) butn i was getting lots of kinda scratchy hits. Not good throat hit, but it's as if it was just barely giving me a burnt taste.. not enough to actually get a burnt taste but enough to get that sensation in the back of the throat. I've been charging the wicks after every vape, after every 3-4 vapes, leaving it upside down for five or ten seconds.. it doesnt make much difference im still getting these kinda scratchy vapes. the only voltage where I don't get them is 3.7v and im just not really happy with the vape performance at that voltage.
I'll keep at it for the next few days to see if it improves but I dont see myself rushhing out to get any more of these unless something magical happens when it breaks in and the flavour improves massively.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I got one in the post today and i'm not terribly impressed with it so far. it's the 2.1-2.4ohm version and i was vaping at 4.5v, bugger all flavour (i was expecting this and know you have to leave it to break in for a while so that's not a huge criticism) butn i was getting lots of kinda scratchy hits. Not good throat hit, but it's as if it was just barely giving me a burnt taste.. not enough to actually get a burnt taste but enough to get that sensation in the back of the throat. I've been charging the wicks after every vape, after every 3-4 vapes, leaving it upside down for five or ten seconds.. it doesnt make much difference im still getting these kinda scratchy vapes. the only voltage where I don't get them is 3.7v and im just not really happy with the vape performance at that voltage.
    I'll keep at it for the next few days to see if it improves but I dont see myself rushhing out to get any more of these unless something magical happens when it breaks in and the flavour improves massively.

I find that 4.5 is max with the SR Stardust, so way to hot for the LR. I've been using them for a while now, and my impression is that these are defiantly a lower voltage device. They are designed for the eGo after all.
    So I would say that if you normally like 8watt vaping, try the Stardust at 7-7.5 watts. (1/2 to a full watt lower than you would normaly use)

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK/USA
    I love the Stardusts, but be careful which juices you use in them. It took me ruining 3 of them with none of them lasting over five days without cracking and breaking. It was the juices I was using in them. Other than that, they do have a little bad taste at first, but after 10 minutes or so, with me, they produce great flavor and vapor. I use the LR ones on a regular 650mah ego battery.

sandscards

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2012
    Broken Arrow, OK
    I too think you are going to high with the low resistance stardust. I usually use the standard resistance at somewhere around 4 volts and it works pretty good. The low resistance ones like you have are made to give a bigger hit at the ego power which is around 3.2 to 3.4 volts. It is a top coil also so I think you may just be applying too much power to it. It works on my VV and is trouble free but kind of negates the advantage to some extent of the VV. I think it is designed to be vaped on the ego voltage and I kind of stay in that area.

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 16, 2012
    St. Louis
    I got a pair of the 2.8 yesterday, but no ego bat, left it at work :( I'm using my mini 510 bat's that I had given to my girlfriend and I am surprised at how well they work on the mini bat, not long mind you about an hour of vaping on a charge. Strawberry in one and PB Cup in the other, both tasting great and working perfectly with about 6 hours use on each one with the initial half fill and still Vaping well, smooth and clean at about a quarter tank left. It did not take long for that new taste to go away on either one. I cannot wait until I get to work tomorrow and put these with full tanks on my ego 3.7. I certainly wouldn't mind if they made different tips/ colors/styles that fit it I would buy some, as I am planning on buying more of the vision ego stardust, Other than the tip all I taste is the flavor of the juice. Having gone through a good variety of devices tank,cartos/clearos in a short amount of time I now have a favorite. I was having a hard time finding anything better than refilling used cartos that was cost effective. Longevity is the key , keeping my fingers crossed.

HowlingBadger

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2012
    Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
    I'm vaping with these on an ego and they're great. No mess, no worries. My friend wants to give one a try on a 510 now. I know he'll need an adapter, but will he need a 510-ego adapter, or just a 510-510? I know they thread onto the cone threading on my ego but if I'm not mistaken it's the actual 510 tread that gives it the power, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread