Vision Spinner broken? won't turn on, charge, or fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

speshiok46

Jul 11, 2013
NJ, USA
Hi folks, I've been loving my new Vision Spinner 1300mah for the last couple of weeks, but today it just cut out! It doesn't respond to anything. The fire button won't light up , and atomizer won't fire when pressed. Nothing happens when plugged into the charger. I've cleaned the center pin and pulled it up to see if it would make contact on the charger; it didn't help. I've managed to pry it open, but was not able to pull the board from the ego connection. Any thoughts on how to salvage this?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi folks, I've been loving my new Vision Spinner 1300mah for the last couple of weeks, but today it just cut out! It doesn't respond to anything. The fire button won't light up , and atomizer won't fire when pressed. Nothing happens when plugged into the charger. I've cleaned the center pin and pulled it up to see if it would make contact on the charger; it didn't help. I've managed to pry it open, but was not able to pull the board from the ego connection. Any thoughts on how to salvage this?

It sounds like you have done About all that can be done. Sounds like that Battery has gone to the Great Charger in the Sky.

Let's take a Moment to Reflect on the Passing of a Valiant Solider in the War Against Analogs.

Carry On.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Have you checked your charger and wall wart. Those can go bad. Take another spinner or ego and hook it up to the charger. Is it working normal? Do you have a multimeter? If it is not the charger setup and you have cleaned connector and played with the pin, and the multimeter confirms death, then it is over.

I am not an expert but the egos and spinners are only good for so long. Then when they are dead you need to replace them. It may be time. Seems like you did not get good life out of it, but it happens. How you vape and how you recharge (frequency, etc.) can all affect the life of the battery.

The only other thing I can think of is for you to talk to the vendor you bought it from. fasttech has a 90 day return policy, I believe. Most vendors and B&Ms don't but check with who you bought it from before you toss it. They may replace it or give you a discount on a replacement, if you choose to purchase another from them. They also may tell you warranty is DOA only.

I have 2 1300mah spinners and 2 1300mah winders that I rotate. One is used each day and another is charging. Mine are three months old and still going strong. But each one is only used once every 4 days.

Last edited:

speshiok46

Jul 11, 2013
NJ, USA
Have you checked your charger and wall wart. Those can go bad. Take another spinner or ego and hook it up to the charger. Is it working normal? Do you have a multimeter? If it is not the charger setup and you have cleaned connector and played with the pin, and the multimeter confirms death, then it is over.

I am not an expert but the egos and spinners are only good for so long. Then when they are dead you need to replace them. It may be time. Seems like you did not get good life out of it, but it happens. How you vape and how you recharge (frequency, etc.) can all affect the life of the battery.

The only other thing I can think of is for you to talk to the vendor you bought it from. Fasttech has a 90 day return policy, I believe. Most vendors and B&Ms don't but check with who you bought it from before you toss it. They may replace it or give you a discount on a replacement, if you choose to purchase another from them. They also may tell you warranty is DOA only.

I have 2 1300mah spinners and 2 1300mah winders that I rotate. One is used each day and another is charging. Mine are three months old and still going strong. But each one is only used once every 4 days.

No multimeter yet, I've been shopping around though. My charger is working fine with my ego twist. I might monkey around with it some more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread