Vision Spinner II not lasting, or am I vaping too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbain

Feb 25, 2014
Barbados
I got a Spinner II a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with some Kanger EVODs with 2.5 ohm coils in them. This combination works really well for me, but I find that the battery isn't lasting as long as I was expecting it to; It's usually dead after about 12 hours of use.

Now the thing is, "use" is very subjective, so here's how I'm using it; As I said, the coils are 2.5 ohm, I have the battery set to 4.3V all the time, and I would usually burn through about 6ml of liquid before the battery dies.

Is this normal? I was expecting this battery to last about two days, however I realize that it's putting out quite a bit more power than the other cheap batteries that I have, so maybe that's why. :confused:

In any case, I'm still very happy with it. I'll probably just buy another one to keep as a spare. :2cool:

DreamerOzzy

Sep 16, 2014
CA, USA
I have a VS2 and I would say you are getting decent life out of it for this battery. I have multiple spares, and that helps during the LONG charge time for the VS2....but I still love it and is my favorite battery....for now. Have another one coming for my birthday, which is in a few days. The new one is probably going to be my favorite with the VS2 holding a close 2nd, but only time and "use" will tell.

sturner6

Feb 26, 2012
here
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cross posting is not permitted on ECF.

sturner6

Feb 26, 2012
here
TOTAL TRASH! Vision knows this battery is seriously flawed, has promised to remedy the issue but over a year has passed and they still have not done so. Also, it has prven to be a fire hazard (DHL will not even ship them because of this), yet Vision continues to market them without addressing the issues. SHAMEFUL!

What's more, they refuse to provide refunds without making you jump through hoops. First they told me to submit a serial number which does not exist on the unit but supposedly is printed on the flimsy packaging which would naturally be discarded before realizing that there is an issue. Then they told me I would need to submit a detailed video that demonstrated the issues I was having). What a joke!

Vision is now on my BLACK LIST for such shameful behavior. This advice about "double-dipping" to get proper charging is an insult to a person's intelligence. That is Vision's solution to the problem and is even stated on their website. Can you imagine any reputable manufacturer offering such a solution instead of just fixing the problem.

Anyone offering a positive review of this battery is either extremely lucky to have a received a working battery or they have less than scrupulous motives for doing so. Most retailers are no longer offering the product and those that are should also be black-listed as well because they are well aware of the issues and are simply trying to unload their inventory on unsuspecting customers since Vision will not accept returns from them on these.

I will NEVER purchase anything marketing by Vision again...EVER! Theya re just another Chinese manufacturer that produced a great product (I own a couple of the original Spinners which have worked flawlessly for over two years) and then followed up with a defective product. The term "quality control" seems to NOT be part of the Chinese language IMHO.

Last edited:

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
I own quite a few spinners, some have been pretty good. I would not buy any more and put that money towards an upgrade. For me, replaceable batteries was the biggest game changer. Say goodbye to worries about vaping time and long charge times along with the shuffle and a dance. Not to mention (heh) they snap in half too easy.

Prices on 20 watt and under mods are way down these days.

zentrucker

Aug 22, 2014
Atlanta
Spinners confuse me, I've seen "ego" style spinners with chrome accents, and simple fire buttons, and a variety of other "styles". I'm sure some were clones, knockoffs whatever, but some are right on the Vision site. What I've deduced from some research is the some (lots) of the older chrome type are not very good, but the newer gunmetal grey w/slotted adjustment (textured finished) are much better. Just depends on the spinner style I guess.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I find that I have to unscrew and re-attach my spinner a couple of times to get a full charge. Make sure it charges for a while with the white light on.

I had to do that with my Spinner II, as well. And even then, after the 2nd charge, the battery was good for maybe 5-6 hours tops. Very disappointing. I pitched it a couple weeks ago. Gonna stick with the original Spinners from here on out!

Riannon

Aug 25, 2014
USA
I am scared to try to charge my VII to full charge anymore. Last time I charged it, it was on for about 12 hours and the charger light never did go green... I've read horror stories about what can happen if you leave a battery charging for too long. What I want to know is, is it safe to leave it charging until that light goes green? Is there a cut-off time after which I should stop charging it, even if it's not full? I want my vape, but my primary concern will always be safety. I apologize if I should have started a new thread, but this one appears to be discussing exactly my issues and I figured it'd probably be better to post here. Any help would be appreciated! ♥

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
Mine hasn't gone down to blue yet after 2 days of use. Of course, I've only vaped probably 2-3 ml so far. That will go up now that the analogs are gone. (Fingers crossed).

I still have recharged it a bit and it does the 'I'm done!' lie at me, even though it's authentic. The scratch code says so! No biggie imo, I just unscrewed it a bit, put it back on, it went for a good 2 hours after that. When my 2nd one arrives I'll probably actually let them run down under 50% before I charge em.

It's just a quirk, in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread