Vision Spinner Lifespan - How long will it accept recharging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I've been using a single Vision Spinner for more than 2 months so far (days shown in signature). I do have spares, but want to see how long a unit will remain functional before requiring replacement. A this point, it seems to work as well as it did originally. I use it for 12-14 hours daily with about 2-3 1.6 Clearomizer tank refills daily, set on 4.3v-4.8v. I recharge it nightly for 6-8 hours.

I would like to discover how others have fared. I recently ordered a Vamo as backup, but am more than satisfied with the Spinner/Clearomizer set so far.

If you are interested, please subscribe to this thread and update your experience whenever you can.:)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I do charge the Spinner overnight. When possible, I remove from the charger when the lamp first turns green. I suppose I could rotate batteries and charge during the day, but read on the internet that is usual to charge overnight for use during the day. Our batteries stay cool while charging. I did read today that the batteries will last longer if not fully discharged. My wife uses 2 batteries and switches when one is discharged. It may be better if we start switching batteries from the charger (like at noon) to fix this. I imagine many users have only one battery, making this impractical. Are there better chargers for the Spinner than the one that came with them from Madvapes? Everything has been working fine for a couple months now. I use usb cables plugged into a wall plate unit.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
IMO its best to use the charger that comes with it or the recommended one. I've seen some pretty scarey threads here started by those who didn't do it that way. As for charging batteries unattended, you never know when the protection in it is going to fail so at least use a charging bag if you're going to charge while asleep or away. I use one for my mod batteries since, when buying a new 18650, it took just over 8 hours to charge. I may be overly cautious but I've seen too many apt buildings, etc burn and worked with a gal who's house burned. I'm afraid of fire... period... and I have pets in the house that are here when I'm gone.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I like to err on the side of caution, so I'll look into charging bags. This is the first I've heard of them. (I read that stacking batteries could be dangerous, so I ordered larger single ones for a Vamo I've ordered.)

Although I have cell phones, ebook readers, laptops,tablet, etc. with similar batteries.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I do charge the Spinner overnight. When possible, I remove from the charger when the lamp first turns green. I suppose I could rotate batteries and charge during the day, but read on the internet that is usual to charge overnight for use during the day. Our batteries stay cool while charging. I did read today that the batteries will last longer if not fully discharged. My wife uses 2 batteries and switches when one is discharged. It may be better if we start switching batteries from the charger (like at noon) to fix this. I imagine many users have only one battery, making this impractical. Are there better chargers for the Spinner than the one that came with them from Madvapes? Everything has been working fine for a couple months now. I use usb cables plugged into a wall plate unit.

To me 3 is the magical number unless you have a PCC. Just yesterday I hadn't used my regular batts (only the Kgo pass) and I found that the Spinner had *somehow* lost the charge. So do have 2 in case of malfunction.

I keep the PCC plugged all day, so whenever I'm out of batteries I use it as a charger.

monacelli

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Harrisburg, PA
Continuing my quest to see how long the Spinner will last. (Have ordered a Vamo - just in case).:2cool:

Reports of duds are few and far between. I think you will be happy with the lifespan of your Spinner and feel that you definitely got your money's worth. They're great little batteries.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Reports of duds are few and far between. I think you will be happy with the lifespan of your Spinner and feel that you definitely got your money's worth. They're great little batteries.

Hope so - we have a bunch of them. Strangely, mine started having charging problems today. I think the charger is failing, as it charged normally on a second charger. It gets heavy usage.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I've read 500 charge cycles is considered the average for a Li-Ion cell.

I'm not sure if they are talking about a full drain or what. An eGo won't go below 3.2v ever.

If you also don't fully drain them before recharging, you don't technically finish the cycle, so it can increase life span.

YMMV of course.

Battery University said:
Since batteries are used in demanding environmental conditions, manufacturers take a conservative approach and specify the life of most Li-ion between 300 and 500 discharge/charge cycles.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

I used a Google Drive spreadsheet to keep track of how many charge cycles my cells have seen (along with just about every other aspect of this hobby haha). Didn't start it with the eGo batteries I have sadly.

Last edited:

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I've read 500 charge cycles is considered the average for a Li-Ion cell.

I'm not sure if they are talking about a full drain or what. An eGo won't go below 3.2v ever.

If you also don't fully drain them before recharging, you don't technically finish the cycle, so it can increase life span.

YMMV of course.

It seems to be ok now. Just ordered another charger. Also my first Clearomizer failed today - started leaking. Can't complain after 75 days and I have a lot of spares! I also have a couple Vivi Novas, an Innokin iClear30 and a couple KANGER T3 EGO Bottom Coil Tanks on order to try. I like the Clearomizers, but would like larger tanks. I'm getting an adapter to also use on a Vamo I've ordered.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i got two vision spinner 1300mah batteries in February and have been alternating them. They used to last 2 days of vaping but now they are getting slightly less. Today one of them wont take a charge at all. The green light just stays on the charger telling you that it's fully charged. but when you go to use it there is nothing. not even a light on the push button. I'm trying to decide if it's the charger at fault or the battery that's dead. hopefully it's the charger although my other charger gets the same response I.E. green light staying on as if it's fully charged but then nothing when you try and use it.
when you consider that i have been alternating the batteries and they last me 2 days on a single charge and I've had them since beginning of Feb. and it's now two weeks into April that only works out at 17.5 charges each before they die. That can't be right surely. Anyone else encountered this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread