Vision TOX with metal heads back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
I just want to add that I am a Big fan of GotVapes and do not want to bash them or there products.
They seem to be one of the best vendors out there. I am just having some problems with one of their products and am trying to find out if it is just me or if others are experiencing the same thing.
That being said, I'm sure there will be a solution to my problem.... And if anything like the past with GotVapes they will come up with a solution for me as they have always done in the past.
Robert Livingston

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
Well, that's good news. I'm just crossing fingers on mine... I really liked the idea of an LT type device, with all those extra options and cosmetic upgrades. (crossing fingers!)

OK , the display is the same as the ultimo display. It is very clear but very small. The Ultimo has a built in battery that is not removable,so a clock will keep time and date even if batteries are low. The Tox you remove the batteries for charging so that every time you remove the bat's it sets everything to zero. The default display on the Tox is the same as the Ultimo = when you fire it up it shows number of tokes and amount of charge left on bat.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
if there is a major issue with the tox, we will get it fixed, no worries, thats the great part about the tox, the head is replaceable, im waiting for details and information and i will report back, one way or another we will handle whatever comes up, not to worry.

I hadn't thought of the replaceable head factor.. that's pretty cool, especially if they ever come out with a version 2.0 one of these guys, with same body design. ;)

Hoosier65

Jan 13, 2012
Indiana
Just a follow up, I received my TOX today and love it. I'm using my ST Tanks with the 1.5 ohm DC cartos and vaping away at 4.2 - 4.5 volts with no problems. Really liking this. The unit is smaller than I expected, in it's smallest configuration it fits in the palm of my hand and hardly noticeable. Even with the 18500 tube it's still pretty small. Feels solid and the buttons all function well, the OLED is nice, bluish/white on black background very easy to see. Didn't bother with setting the time or date since it'll be erased when switching batteries, but the "hit" counter is nice and the battery meter will come in handy as well. Overall very happy with it.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yay! So glad to hear that, Hoosier!!! Let us know if you run into any foibles, or oddities in the operation. I'm like the least tech minded person on earth, and from what I've heard the instructions are a little... um.. odd, lets say.. lost in translation. So I'm a little nervous about figuring out all the gees and gaws on mine when it arrives. ;)

Hoosier65

Jan 13, 2012
Indiana
Yay! So glad to hear that, Hoosier!!! Let us know if you run into any foibles, or oddities in the operation. I'm like the least tech minded person on earth, and from what I've heard the instructions are a little... um.. odd, lets say.. lost in translation. So I'm a little nervous about figuring out all the gees and gaws on mine when it arrives. ;)

OMG, the instructions are hillarious!!! If you've ever seen a badly dubbed Chinese kung-fu movie, that's what the instructions are like. I actually chuckled while reading it.

I was reading the prior posts about the fluctuating voltage and since I don't have any type of meter I can't say if I'm experiencing that. Seems stable, haven't noticed any fluctiations, but they may so minute that only a meter would be able to tell. I can tell that I'm getting more vape and flavor from a tank I was just using this morning at 3.7 volts though. The higher voltage at 4.5 seems to really bring out the flavor.

Only complaints I'd have, and not really complaints, just suggestions for future upgrades, the date and time feature would be nice, but resetting it every time you change a battery is a no-go for me, too much hassle. Only other upgrade I'd recommend is a better charger. The one that comes with the kit will do the job, but seems somewhat flimsy and comes with a non-standard plug that you have to fit an adapter over. Considering the types of batteries we're using on these I'd feel more comfortable with a higher grade charger. I have a separate charger so it's not a problem for me but new users may be put off by the one that comes with the kit. But really, aside from those two suggestions, it's working great for me.

Last edited:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
OMG, the instructions are hillarious!!! If you've ever seen a badly dubbed Chinese kung-fu movie, that's what the instructions are like. I actually chuckled while reading it.

I was reading the prior posts about the fluctuating voltage and since I don't have any type of meter I can't say if I'm experiencing that. Seems stable, haven't noticed any fluctiations, but they may so minute that only a meter would be able to tell. I can tell that I'm getting more vape and flavor from a tank I was just using this morning at 3.7 volts though. The higher voltage at 4.5 seems to really bring out the flavor.

Only complaints I'd have, and not really complaints, just suggestions for future upgrades, the date and time feature would be nice, but resetting it every time you change a battery is a no-go for me, too much hassle. Only other upgrade I'd recommend is a better charger. The one that comes with the kit will do the job, but seems somewhat flimsy and comes with a non-standard plug that you have to fit an adapter over. Considering the types of batteries we're using on these I'd feel more comfortable with a higher grade charger. I have a separate charger so it's not a problem for me but new users may be put off by the one that comes with the kit. But really, aside from those two suggestions, it's working great for me.

Let me see if I can get the picture of my favorite page on here clearly enough:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331007627939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331007627939.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 72

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA

Ug, ok, good to know I'll have to pick up another charger. And i had a feeling those directions would be funny... I haven't got mine yet, but I saw SteelJan's vid on the little square hidden carto mod thingie by the same manufacturer, and she read a few lines of that manual. Pretty darned hysterical.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Ack, can't see it - too much JPEG distortion... I'd love to see it, can you snap a better quality one? Like, no compression? I can *almost* see it. :)

Gotta love Chinese instruction.

Let me try again:

uploadfromtaptalk1331013607447.jpg

Dunno if it's me or tapatalk hosting. Tried using higher pixel...

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
If you want to crack up, check out that SteelJan vid on the other Green Sound product gotvapes used to carry... the optima, or something like that? Little leopard box? She reads a few lines, and it is beyond hysterical. Total 'lost in translation' lunacy. You know, I'm stuck at home with health issues, and I was an english major. If I learned chinese, i'll bet there's a heck of a living in writing manuals that don't cause hysterical laughter and getcha absolutely confused. rofl

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I could read it well that time, Erin! That's bizarre but not nearly as generally ridiculous as the other green sound one. They must be improving. lol

Yes, not too bad on that page, but it's the fact it is the dire warning to read the rest
Of the manual, which is completely incomprehensible that makes it hilarious :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread