Vivi Nova breaking Ego-C batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
I have a Vivi Nova based on all the comments about them from this forum. But I have a pretty serious issue. As soon as I put the VN on my first Ego-C, it blinked 5 times, and has never turned on again for any atomizer for the VN or the normal Ego atty's. I then tested it out on Ego-C battery (2) and got the same 5 blinks and now it won't work with the VN, but will work with the normal Ego-C atomizers. It works just fine with my E-Vic.

I bought this Vivi Nova from a company in England (after having a silly moment of must buy it now). Could that it could be set for English power supplies be the culpret? A Sinister Vivi Nova that just likes wrecking batteries? The Flying Spaghette Monster cursing me with bad batteries?

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have a Vivi Nova based on all the comments about them from this forum. But I have a pretty serious issue. As soon as I put the VN on my first Ego-C, it blinked 5 times, and has never turned on again for any atomizer for the VN or the normal Ego atty's. I then tested it out on Ego-C battery (2) and got the same 5 blinks and now it won't work with the VN, but will work with the normal Ego-C atomizers. It works just fine with my E-Vic.

I bought this Vivi Nova from a company in England (after having a silly moment of must buy it now). Could that it could be set for English power supplies be the culpret? A Sinister Vivi Nova that just likes wrecking batteries? The Flying Spaghette Monster cursing me with bad batteries?

Sorry to be that guy but are your EGO batteries are dead and need recharging? (Sorry had to ask). Otherwise could you fried your ego batteries using the wrong charger? The VN is fine if it works on your other batteries.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
About 1 in 10 Novas I get has a post a little too long, so I end up having to pull up the post in my battery before it works again. Else it does not make contact.

A toothpick is recommended, I'm also going to try needlenose pliers. I've tried a knife blade but it makes me nervous, because I don't know what it is in there that is flexible, and I don't want to cut it and break the seal.

Getting a 510 extender (looks like an adapter but isn't) cuts down on this a LOT. Still happens to me, but only like once a month or so.

Dunno if you can grind down the Nova bottom to prevent this, I had gotten the extender for other reasons (lavatube clearance is too small) and since then I've seen that posted as a cure for the problem you describe. AFTER you pull up the post on your batt again.

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
It's cool to be that guy. Sometimes with new vapors like myself it can be needed. The first battery, the fried one, sits on the charger and always has the charging red light. It never switches over to green. Even trying it after charging for 24 hours it won't turn on. The charger is the one supplied by Ejoye, and it charges the second battery just fine.

Berylanna: The problem isnt that the Nova isn't making contact. It works fine on my Evic, and the battery contact for that is the same as my ego-C's. When I try to put it on the second battery that isn't totally dead the Ego-C can't even be turned on. It refuses to flash the 5 times saying it's turned on. The second non dead one still works with the orginal Ego-C atomizer though.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
It's cool to be that guy. Sometimes with new vapors like myself it can be needed. The first battery, the fried one, sits on the charger and always has the charging red light. It never switches over to green. Even trying it after charging for 24 hours it won't turn on. The charger is the one supplied by Ejoye, and it charges the second battery just fine.

Berylanna: The problem isnt that the Nova isn't making contact. It works fine on my Evic, and the battery contact for that is the same as my ego-C's. When I try to put it on the second battery that isn't totally dead the Ego-C can't even be turned on. It refuses to flash the 5 times saying it's turned on. The second non dead one still works with the orginal Ego-C atomizer though.

I have no trouble believing you have a dead battery, but when my novas give me those problems, they'll work on one device but not another.

In general, no matter WHAT you are putting on top, never assume a battery is dead until you've at least tried to pry up the center post on the battery about 1/16" with a toothpick or something. If I didn't do that, I'd have thrown away 8 batteries instead of 2. (2 really WERE dead.)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If you haven't done this - try the 5 click on/off and put it back on the charger. I've had this happen with other vision/CE products - thought they fried the batt but just needed a "reboot". Sometimes just doing the 5 click on/off solved it, sometimes just putting it on the charger for a while did it. But if the charger never goes off red, it's likely dead - Multimetering it might give a clue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread