The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

vivi nova convert!

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by scabbytattoo, Dec 14, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. scabbytattoo

scabbytattoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    OK not much to this post I'm using a rebranded ego and have been using the cartos I got with it till they all just quit working. Been looking at the mini Nova for sometime and thought why not this payday well crap guys I don't think I'll ever go back to a carto it's just that much better. Could have been the ones I was using but don't matter much to me this set up is going to stick around for quite sometime. I was even looking into getting a new mod as I thought mine was just under powered but Eh just saved a few hundred bucks!

2. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's awesome. I use the nova and am happy with it. Whatever makes you happy is the best device/equipment out there.

3. Butters78

Here is a great video to watch. The same concept for cleaning and rebuilding works for the mini as well.

4. ohman

ohman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2012
    missouri
    After getting the rebuilding down you will really love them...I don't even use the stock heads I just rebuild from the start.... 32g nichrome works best for me with about 4 wraps on ego batteries.
    Glad you found something that works.
    -ohman

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. bigdaddybrink1

bigdaddybrink1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    Good job, I love the ViVi Nova setup. I have given my to my wife, but am thinkin bout switchin back. I now have several carto/tank setups so switchin to the vivi maybe a pain in the a. but, love'em. so, may have to go back...... good luck with re-builds, it's pretty easy!!

6. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I so wanted to love the Vivi Nova but I just couldn't get good hits from it. I used and rebuilt it for a few weeks and ended up going back to my carto tanks. I just loved the idea of rebuilding it on the cheap. These cartos seem very expensive compared to the rewicking of a vivi nova. The draw was just too tight for my style of vaping. I am so glad to see another happy Vivi owner tho.

7. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    I too love the vivi, best thing I have found so far.

8. Butters78

It's funny how people get different results with it. The draw isn't tight to me at all, and I get good clouds.

9. gcvt

gcvt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Vivis seem to be love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to love them, but only after I started rebuilding them myself. The stock heads were okay but I feel like they (one mini and one v2.5) began to work better once I started rebuilding them myself. I use them on eGo Twists and a Lavatube and I'm quite happy with them.

Edited to add: I rebuilt a couple of heads using 30ply 100% cotton candle wick and much prefer them. I think the flavor is a lot better than when using silica wicks and I just happened to have 100 yards of the cotton wick laying around. Can't dry burn them but I just rebuild them anyway so that's not a big deal.

10. Vash

Vash Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2012
    I just started using mini nova today on spinner and its amazing ! Best vape I have has so far and draw is not to tight or airy :) Got it at 4.3 volts on the 1.8 ohm head and Im getting huge clouds .

11. Butters78

I'd like to try this but I'm scared of forgetting to tilt and swirl and end up burning the cotton.

12. gcvt

Nov 11, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Honestly, I'm not even a tilt & swirl type person and have never had a problem. This particular cotton wick I have wicks so well, burning appears not even to be an issue.

This is the wick I'm using: LINK

I found this stuff sitting in drawer from years ago - it's at least seven years old. I emailed the company just to make sure it was 100% cotton. It works really well, and $12 for 300 feet. I'm sure you could find something similar at a local crafts store in smaller quantities to try it out before you commit to buying bulk.

13. Butters78

Thanks so much for the tip and the link. So the flavor is a lot better than silica? Silica has been my safe zone heh. A friend was telling me a while back that cotton balls work too. Maybe I'll give it a go. I got a 100 feet of kanthal I got from Ebay to play with.

14. scabbytattoo

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    Rebuilding might be a little ways down the road for me. I'm running a standard 3.4 volt ego and have the 2.4ohm head on it the next tank I fill tho I'm going to the 1.8ohm as I love lots and lots of vapor! But I couldn't imagine the flavor being much better. It might be the juice I just got today with it (strawberry cupcake) normally I like to steep at least 2-4 days but Man I just couldn't wait! This is also the first juice I have had that isn't 50/50 (70/30 pg/vg) so what do you guys think will the 1.8ohm be a bit better on the 3.4 volt? I'm not much of a th guy but it might make me slow down on this flavor 3ml gone already after 12 hours Lol.

15. gcvt

Nov 11, 2012
    Las Vegas
    That has indeed been my experience with regards to flavor. I bought some new silica wick from silicawicks.com recently and rebuilt a few heads using that. I can definitely tell a difference in taste - don't see much difference in vapor. Give it a shot and see what you think...you might like it. I'm also using 32g Kanthal, with four wraps.

You'll be rebuilding before you know it :) Once you do a few, it's really easy. On a 3.4 volt with a 1.8ohm you should be good.

16. scabbytattoo

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    Hey one step closer to rebuilding! My wife came home and was sick of the juice she had in the tank so I cleaned it all out and washed it dried it and filled it up with Snickers. After a few Oh crap what did I do mins it's hitting like a champ. I guess I didn't dry burn it all that well was kinda my first time and didn't wanna mess it up site the water took a bit to evaporate out. Plus it's a 50/50 mix so took a little longer for it to wick also I'm assuming.

17. tartanraven

tartanraven Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    I throw Vivi Novas at kittens

18. scabbytattoo

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    Not the kitties! I read that last post to my 5 year old Cuz I laughed and she asked why. Her words "he's mean your not a supposed to throw things when you have to buy them"

19. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    Sounds like a smart kid.

20. scabbytattoo

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    Lol we are just poor so she knows how to not waste money. That and I think she watches to much samurai anime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.