vivi nova convert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
OK not much to this post I'm using a rebranded ego and have been using the cartos I got with it till they all just quit working. Been looking at the mini Nova for sometime and thought why not this payday well crap guys I don't think I'll ever go back to a carto it's just that much better. Could have been the ones I was using but don't matter much to me this set up is going to stick around for quite sometime. I was even looking into getting a new mod as I thought mine was just under powered but Eh just saved a few hundred bucks!

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I so wanted to love the Vivi Nova but I just couldn't get good hits from it. I used and rebuilt it for a few weeks and ended up going back to my carto tanks. I just loved the idea of rebuilding it on the cheap. These cartos seem very expensive compared to the rewicking of a vivi nova. The draw was just too tight for my style of vaping. I am so glad to see another happy Vivi owner tho.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I so wanted to love the Vivi Nova but I just couldn't get good hits from it. I used and rebuilt it for a few weeks and ended up going back to my carto tanks. I just loved the idea of rebuilding it on the cheap. These cartos seem very expensive compared to the rewicking of a vivi nova. The draw was just too tight for my style of vaping. I am so glad to see another happy Vivi owner tho.

It's funny how people get different results with it. The draw isn't tight to me at all, and I get good clouds.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Vivis seem to be love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to love them, but only after I started rebuilding them myself. The stock heads were okay but I feel like they (one mini and one v2.5) began to work better once I started rebuilding them myself. I use them on eGo Twists and a Lavatube and I'm quite happy with them.

Edited to add: I rebuilt a couple of heads using 30ply 100% cotton candle wick and much prefer them. I think the flavor is a lot better than when using silica wicks and I just happened to have 100 yards of the cotton wick laying around. Can't dry burn them but I just rebuild them anyway so that's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Vivis seem to be love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to love them, but only after I started rebuilding them myself. The stock heads were okay but I feel like they (one mini and one v2.5) began to work better once I started rebuilding them myself. I use them on eGo Twists and a Lavatube and I'm quite happy with them.

Edited to add: I rebuilt a couple of heads using 30ply 100% cotton candle wick and much prefer them. I think the flavor is a lot better than when using silica wicks and I just happened to have 100 yards of the cotton wick laying around. Can't dry burn them but I just rebuild them anyway so that's not a big deal.

I'd like to try this but I'm scared of forgetting to tilt and swirl and end up burning the cotton.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I'd like to try this but I'm scared of forgetting to tilt and swirl and end up burning the cotton.

Honestly, I'm not even a tilt & swirl type person and have never had a problem. This particular cotton wick I have wicks so well, burning appears not even to be an issue.

This is the wick I'm using: LINK

I found this stuff sitting in drawer from years ago - it's at least seven years old. I emailed the company just to make sure it was 100% cotton. It works really well, and $12 for 300 feet. I'm sure you could find something similar at a local crafts store in smaller quantities to try it out before you commit to buying bulk.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Honestly, I'm not even a tilt & swirl type person and have never had a problem. This particular cotton wick I have wicks so well, burning appears not even to be an issue.

This is the wick I'm using: LINK

I found this stuff sitting in drawer from years ago - it's at least seven years old. I emailed the company just to make sure it was 100% cotton. It works really well, and $12 for 300 feet. I'm sure you could find something similar at a local crafts store in smaller quantities to try it out before you commit to buying bulk.

Thanks so much for the tip and the link. So the flavor is a lot better than silica? Silica has been my safe zone heh. A friend was telling me a while back that cotton balls work too. Maybe I'll give it a go. I got a 100 feet of kanthal I got from Ebay to play with.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
Rebuilding might be a little ways down the road for me. I'm running a standard 3.4 volt ego and have the 2.4ohm head on it the next tank I fill tho I'm going to the 1.8ohm as I love lots and lots of vapor! But I couldn't imagine the flavor being much better. It might be the juice I just got today with it (strawberry cupcake) normally I like to steep at least 2-4 days but Man I just couldn't wait! This is also the first juice I have had that isn't 50/50 (70/30 pg/vg) so what do you guys think will the 1.8ohm be a bit better on the 3.4 volt? I'm not much of a th guy but it might make me slow down on this flavor 3ml gone already after 12 hours Lol.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Thanks so much for the tip and the link. So the flavor is a lot better than silica? Silica has been my safe zone heh. A friend was telling me a while back that cotton balls work too. Maybe I'll give it a go. I got a 100 feet of kanthal I got from Ebay to play with.

That has indeed been my experience with regards to flavor. I bought some new silica wick from silicawicks.com recently and rebuilt a few heads using that. I can definitely tell a difference in taste - don't see much difference in vapor. Give it a shot and see what you think...you might like it. I'm also using 32g Kanthal, with four wraps.

Rebuilding might be a little ways down the road for me. I'm running a standard 3.4 volt ego and have the 2.4ohm head on it the next tank I fill tho I'm going to the 1.8ohm as I love lots and lots of vapor! But I couldn't imagine the flavor being much better. It might be the juice I just got today with it (strawberry cupcake) normally I like to steep at least 2-4 days but Man I just couldn't wait! This is also the first juice I have had that isn't 50/50 (70/30 pg/vg) so what do you guys think will the 1.8ohm be a bit better on the 3.4 volt? I'm not much of a th guy but it might make me slow down on this flavor 3ml gone already after 12 hours Lol.

You'll be rebuilding before you know it :) Once you do a few, it's really easy. On a 3.4 volt with a 1.8ohm you should be good.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
Hey one step closer to rebuilding! My wife came home and was sick of the juice she had in the tank so I cleaned it all out and washed it dried it and filled it up with Snickers. After a few Oh crap what did I do mins it's hitting like a champ. I guess I didn't dry burn it all that well was kinda my first time and didn't wanna mess it up site the water took a bit to evaporate out. Plus it's a 50/50 mix so took a little longer for it to wick also I'm assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread