vivi nova head help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
So I picked up a new 3.5 ml Nova today have been using the mini for a while. Well just found out that I got a v1 witch I'm not to happy about as they said it was the newest model but that's not what bugs me as it hits just fine just a little loose and airy. But it has a funky head on it the mini I have is like a cup on top of the head and this one is flat with a post on it. Did I get a knock off and will the other heads (cupped top) fit on it or what I'm lost what to do here.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
So I picked up a new 3.5 ml Nova today have been using the mini for a while. Well just found out that I got a v1 witch I'm not to happy about as they said it was the newest model but that's not what bugs me as it hits just fine just a little loose and airy. But it has a funky head on it the mini I have is like a cup on top of the head and this one is flat with a post on it. Did I get a knock off and will the other heads (cupped top) fit on it or what I'm lost what to do here.

From what you've described that's a knock off. Sorry to hear that.

towrofstgh

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2012
New York
www.facebook.com
I know this may not be the easiest solution, but rebuilding the coil by using silica or cotton and resistance wire may yield good use from it. Don't be intimidated by it if you haven't tried to rebuild an atty before. I'm not that mechanically able, but I was able to figure this out and with a bit of practice, you can knock these out in mere minutes.

This video by squidsss shows how to do it on a Vivi Nova V1. Go to 2:30 on the video where he starts to show you how to build it.

Again, your Vivi Nova V1 (knock-off or not) is NOT a waste if you rebuild the coils to your liking. This way you can stay within your vaping budget and add mileage to what you already have. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If you got a non Vision Vivi it is not the original. The cups on the two kinds I have are both a little lose in the diameter. But they work. If you are talking about in height then you can put a small SMALL V cut in the silicon and fix it so it is not so tight on the wick. But NOT a big cut or it will flood and leak out the base. LOL Not good sucking in that liquid.
Hope this helps. FYI I like the silicone cap the knockoffs use just not the rest of it so I save them. OH on the Vision Vivi that cap can be put on wrong. The flat side of the metal piece has to go down in order to work correctly.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I also have one with a cupped top on the atty, and one with the post style. I think the one with the post top is a V1. Does it have 2 small holes in the bottom metal ring that sets of the tank part?

I forgot the v1s have that. That's either very old stock he was sent, or a knock off.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
Holy crap I hate this tank well the heads I guess first hit was spot on 2nd is burnt and just down hill tried all 3 heads pulled the cap off to see if the wicks were burnt and noticed on all of them one of the wicks is just floating in there not even wrapped........... at any rate I ordered a real one from got vapes hope it'll be here before the week is out I can vape like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread