Vivi Nova Long Wick replacement heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catharlex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Indiana, USA
Pretty quick question. I love, LOVE vaping out of my vivi nova (probably my favorite vape so far, just ahead of my T2 Clearomizer), but I don't particularly care for the short wicks that come with it. I had my initial order from altsmoke (http://altsmoke.com/accessories/tanks/vision-vivi-tanks/vision-vivi-replacement-coil-tank-kit.html the picture appears to show long wick, but mine came and the replacement heads are short wicks), but haven't been able to determine if their replacement heads some in long wick form or not. (http://altsmoke.com/accessories/tanks/vision-vivi-tanks/vision-vivi-replacement-coil.html) I'm looking for a (reliable) supplier for long wick heads, as I've found that the long wicks in my clearomizer seems to vape better/more reliably with the longer wick.

Catharlex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Indiana, USA
happyesmoker
replacement v2.5 heads for 2.95
code "vape" for another 20% off. cant find lower price
and he is super fast on shipping

Andddd I love you.

On a more serious note, thanks a ton for the heads up! That's a great price with the discount code.

Edit: Yep, 9 bucks for 4 replacement heads. I love it!

Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I would contact anyone before placing the order. I have heard tho do not know for sure that the longer wicks where left over from v1's. So contact anyplace you want to order from first to double check before you place the order if that is infact what you want. On a side note, a lot of us found the longer wicks didn't wick as well as the shorter ones, so something you might want to keep in mind.

Catharlex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Indiana, USA
Well that's a disappointing tidbit of information. I will definitely be checking on that then, to make sure that these are the proper heads/wicks.

On a side note, what about the longer wicks seemed to cause them to not wick as well? Do you think I'd be better off getting supplies and just rebuilding the wicks myself?

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Personally, I like the longer wicks. Give HappyeSmoker a call and see what they really have as a replacement. There is a pretty major difference with top caps on the newer versions of the Vivi as opposed to the V1. I believe the newer V2.5 did go back to longer wicks from what I've seen on sites. Remember, these heads that come with any of the versions can be rebuilt to your liking when you're ready to try it.

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Well that's a disappointing tidbit of information. I will definitely be checking on that then, to make sure that these are the proper heads/wicks.

On a side note, what about the longer wicks seemed to cause them to not wick as well? Do you think I'd be better off getting supplies and just rebuilding the wicks myself?

I recoil mine, it is actually very easy and a lot cheaper than ordering new heads, tho I do use cotton thread so I can't dry burn it , but making them myself does allow me to make them how I want them. Also I find the cotton wicks better.

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Richie, I use the vivi nova on a BB, and I have had no issue with the base threading being too long. I also am not the only one that has been using it on a BB with out any problem. The vivi nova v1 is the one that had issues like that.

But there is a new one out not sure who makes it called vivi, but it is not the same as the vivi nova.

Think it is made by smoke tech.

Last edited:

RichieRich13

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Nancy

thanks for the info - I'm scared .....less to use my vivi novas on my new SB just in case...gonnahave to check and see which version they are. But glad to hear that the V2 has no issues with spring melting....I live in Canada and AW IMR's are really expensive, about $17-20! So I didn't want to take the chance of ruining a batt AND a spring by using the wrong vivis lol

Catharlex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Indiana, USA

The only thing that worries me about this is the message right there on the page.

"The manufatcurer sent us both short wick and long wick so we cannot guarantee if you will receive short or long but we will try to mix them on multiple orders"

I'd really prefer to not order some and end up with short wicks. I've still got two short wick heads left, so maybe I'll just hold off and learn to re wick them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread