Vivi nova no more burnt flavor so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I have two vivi nova v3 were giving me burnt flavor.
    Changed coils worked ok for about 5 min then crapped out again.
    Had a crazy idea, I removed the silicone sleeve with metal bushing above the coils. Lift the metal bushing out put silicone sleeve back.
    Been vaping both nova for over two hours at ;) much higher volts/wattage working :p great flavor big improvement and bonus lots more vaper.

If nothing else a'm vaping another two hours with big improvement.

I went from 3.5 volts to 8 watts!

One thing I did notice, I'm useing more juice no biggy I can afford another :2c: dime day for this type of results.

Try it and post how it worked for you

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    What do you think the metal part we removed is designed to do?

Limits air flow passing over coil and limits amount of juice wick sucks up, if this works better for me I'm using it.
    Also it might be a way to limit juice used as a sales point.

I see no problems with this fix used it over 10 hours with same coils as last night, chain vaping using up my junk juice that taste great!

pkj

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    Limits air flow passing over coil and limits amount of juice wick sucks up, if this works better for me I'm using it.
    Also it might be a way to limit juice used as a sales point. I see no problems with this fix used it over 10 hours with same coils as last night, chain vaping using up my junk juice that taste great!

Thank you. I am loving this. And like you, I've been using it all day and hitting it hard. So far, have not found a down-side to this technique. Hopefully other vvn users will see this and give it a try. It is an amazing and easy fix. Thank you again.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I took a silicon sleeve pinched it with my fingers & cut out two small V's 16th of inch on opposite sides with a nail clipper. Place the V's above the wicks, getting to much juice/flavor turn the V's away from wicks, Work great, wicks are not burnt great taste. Be careful not to cut the V's to big or your get to much juice. Also when tipping device might get some juice. It’s a learning curve.

This works good with thicker wicks allowing more room for wick to suck up juice.
    Great for thicker juices with lots of VG in it.

View attachment 181906

Last edited:

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    I took a silicon sleeve pinched it with my fingers & cut out two small V's 16th of inch on opposite sides with a nail clipper. Place the V's above the wicks, getting to much juice/flavor turn the V's away from wicks, Work great, wicks are not burnt great taste. Be careful not to cut the V's to big or your get to much juice. Also when tipping device might get some juice. It’s a learning curve.

This works good with thicker wicks allowing more room for wick to suck up juice.
    Great for thicker juices with lots of VG in it.

View attachment 181906
    Might have to try this as well! I pulled out the metal bushing last night & did notice a difference in vapor production & flavor. The only thing I could see that I wasn't a huge fan of is that it made the vape considerably warmer so I opted to turn down my voltage a bit.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mineola, NY
    I had issues with the mini vivi novas, so I tried a few things, cutting the notches defninitely worked. Also trimmed the wicks, this worked pretty well for a while. The issue that I had was with 2 separate mini novas (vision make). The threading on the top cracked between the threading and the base, which allowed an air leak.....:(

Next one I buy I am going to try removing the bushing, thanks for the heads up !!!

pkj

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    I had issues with the mini vivi novas, so I tried a few things, cutting the notches defninitely worked. Also trimmed the wicks, this worked pretty well for a while. The issue that I had was with 2 separate mini novas (vision make). The threading on the top cracked between the threading and the base, which allowed an air leak.....:(

Next one I buy I am going to try removing the bushing, thanks for the heads up !!!

I have three of the vision MINI vivi Nova's and I am not happy with them. As you stated, the threading is horrible. I find them difficult to fill because they are so small. They are handy for juices I don't vape often, but that's it. The Mini's sure don't hold much - lol

seneca mike

Jan 18, 2013
    upstate NY
    I did this same thing a while back... by accident. Washed the little metal thingamebob down the drain! My ViVi worked better ever since!
    I also changed to using 2 pieces of Cotton Square Braid #1/0 candle wick, boiled and dryed. This stuff fits nicely in the slot (prised open a little with a large nailclipper handle/lever wedged in). I got scared away from the stock silica wicks and the SS (health risks)....have you read all that scarey stuff in the health forum on here? Anyhow, for 2 X 2" strips of this candle wick I cut a 3mm square cutout in both sides of the plastic caps instead of the V mentioned above. This stops the cotton from getting cramped when it eventually swells. Using a 4 coil wrap of 32 Kanthal to give 2.7 ohms, at 7 watts this VV gives a real good vape.
    This setup also works in my mini VV but I use shorter wicks due to the small tank.
    PS You have to let this braided wick soak in the tank for an hour before its fully swelled and ready to vape. Once its fully swelled works great for many many tanks/hours...but... if you want to change juice you really need to use new wick. I keep a few clean heads ready to switch in for juice changeovers while I wash and dry the used ones (unless they are worn out). Yes you can detect a slight cotton taste with weak flavor juices... get used to it, dont use cotton/bamboo or stick with stronger flavors that hide it. Beats worrying about pieces of silica or chrome oxide particles stuck in your lungs......IMHO

pkj

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    Respectfully Snipped:
    PS You have to let this braided wick soak in the tank for an hour before its fully swelled and ready to vape. Once its fully swelled works great for many many tanks/hours...but... if you want to change juice you really need to use new wick. I keep a few clean heads ready to switch in for juice changeovers while I wash and dry the used ones (unless they are worn out). Yes you can detect a slight cotton taste with weak flavor juices... get used to it, dont use cotton/bamboo or stick with stronger flavors that hide it. Beats worrying about pieces of silica or chrome oxide particles stuck in your lungs......IMHO

I tried the candle wick and it was ok. I use cotton and am very happy with it. I agree, it takes awhile for the juice to soak into the wick, but it is well worth it. I also tried the bamboo and didn't care for it too much so I am sticking with cotton. There are a couple good threads in the forum about re-wicking materials. Opinions vary and tastes are subjective. Very Glad to read you found something that works for you. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread