Vivi nova no more burnt flavor so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
I had two of them and went back to the vivi nova's and sold the protanks. I did not see much difference in taste and I hated the mouth piece. Lots of folks love them though but I am hoping they come out with a v2 with a removeable mouthpiece. Perhaps I did not give them a chance to break in. I went through about 3 or 4 tank fulls and was not overly impressed, but that is just my two cents.
I am on the completely opposite side of that...I never want to use my Vivi Nova again after using my new Protanks. Flavor & vapor production is way better than it was with my Vivi Nova, it looks a lot nicer & it is pyrex rather than plastic. For me, this solves all of the issues I had with the Nova without having to modify the gear.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Just a other idea for those VN lovers... use some tweezers to remove the silica fireproof "paper" that lines the coils. It will make a world of difference in your juices cuz that's what gunks up and changes the flavor when it starts to get burnt! It really ruins the flavor and i've found isn't necessary at all. Good luck and try it, like night and day! I've chain vaped, refilling the same tank of 100% vg for over two wks without needing to clean or empty juice.

The ProTanks are amazing btw... loving them! I wondered why they didn't have the holes like the evod's do on the outside threaded area and guess what... they do! It's actually worked into the design of the adaptor that goes over the threads of your battery. Amazing! If you hold it to cover one or two of the holes, your hit is that much stronger and produces even more vape clouds! Now even more impressed with my new toy! Even better is that it's pyrex vs mystery plastics. It's worth a try for those who like their VN's.

Last edited:

vi3txtu4n

Dec 5, 2012
California
Just a other idea for those VN lovers... use some tweezers to remove the silica fireproof "paper" that lines the coils. It will make a world of difference in your juices cuz that's what gunks up and changes the flavor when it starts to get burnt! It really ruins the flavor and i've found isn't necessary at all. Good luck and try it, like night and day! I've chain vaped, refilling the same tank of 100% vg for over two wks without needing to clean or empty juice.

The ProTanks are amazing btw... loving them! I wondered why they didn't have the holes like the evod's do on the outside threaded area and guess what... they do! It's actually worked into the design of the adaptor that goes over the threads of your battery. Amazing! If you hold it to cover one or two of the holes, your hit is that much stronger and produces even more vape clouds! Now even more impressed with my new toy! Even better is that it's pyrex vs mystery plastics. It's worth a try for those who like their VN's.

Is the fireproof paper the little one thats circular above the coil? ;o I just had to notch my silicone today so I can get the wicks a little bit wetter cause I chainvape a lot. Don't know if removing the metal cap thing would make it even better haha.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Is the fireproof paper the little one thats circular above the coil? ;o I just had to notch my silicone today so I can get the wicks a little bit wetter cause I chainvape a lot. Don't know if removing the metal cap thing would make it even better haha.

Yes, it's inside the tube that the coils are in. It's what makes your juice really nasty, just be careful with removal! Yay... now you not only don't get thick, gross, ruined juice, you also get better airflow! Don't bother notching or cutting anything till you remove that paper and see what you think! It was night and day for me! Literally 2+ wks with no cleanout and just adding new juice... couldn't go a few days with that nasty silica paper!

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Yeah I failed badly with the notching it worked.. for about few hours slowly starting flooding Lol , >.> I just had to run to a local store and buy a replacement wick for the vivi nova.

Make sure you yank out that paper from all your wick heads! I went through my stash and carefully pulled it out from every wick head i had left. I've since gone through them all, but wow what a difference. My wicks lasted so much longer and i only had to "replace" my juice once from one tank (it was a combo of 3 wks of refills) and started with that paper still intact. I will NEVER use my VN's with that paper and can go for wks before having to clean my wicks, and i can usually reuse the juice from that tank. It's an amazing tip that made me incredibly " pro" VN and will for all who try it!!!

Good luck and enjoy your "new" VN's! :thumb:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
to help with lining up the notches with the wicks, make sure everything is dry. dry the silicone top out and make sure the head is nice and dry when you pres sit on. that will keep it in place as you screw the top of the tank on. you may even want to push the silicone part from teh drip tip inot the drip tip, screw the top on, the push the silicone back down with a q-tip. or you could just remove the drip tip before screwing the top on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread