Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I used to use these & I often had to tip it & hold it on the side so it would wick properly. Yea, your problem is with wicking & tipping the tank will help with that.

edit: this is more of a problem (at least for me) when the tank is less than half full, but it still may happen with a full tank. It's just that when the tank is full each time you take a puff & tip your device to do so you are feeding the wicks. When the juice gets lower it doesn't reach unless you tip it more.

Last edited:

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I used to use these & I often had to tip it & hold it on the side so it would wick properly. Yea, your problem is with wicking & tipping the tank will help with that.

edit: this is more of a problem (at least for me) when the tank is less than half full, but it still may happen with a full tank. It's just that when the tank is full each time you take a puff & tip your device to do so you are feeding the wicks. When the juice gets lower it doesn't reach unless you tip it more.
I will try that. I tend to give up on things if they don't work right out of the box. I need to remember that I spent 30 years on something that got me no where but sick. A few minutes to figure out something that is good won't kill me

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Untill about a month ago I strickly used the ViVi Novas' for over a year, still do for tank cracking juices (got a Vision Pyrex one).

There are several differnt versions of these out there. Does your have short or long wicks? If long there should be no need to "tip" it.

I have never, ever had a problem with dry hits with these. The misses uses one as well with no issues. Also the heads are easy rebuild on these as well.

What Ohm head are you using (as it comes with three). Try putting the 1.8 ohm head on it, and vape it at around 3.7 if you have a VV. If not then don't worry about the voltage.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Untill about a month ago I strickly used the ViVi Novas' for over a year, still do for tank cracking juices (got a Vision Pyrex one).

There are several differnt versions of these out there. Does your have short or long wicks? If long there should be no need to "tip" it.

I have never, ever had a problem with dry hits with these. The misses uses one as well with no issues. Also the heads are easy rebuild on these as well.

What Ohm head are you using (as it comes with three). Try putting the 1.8 ohm head on it, and vape it at around 3.7 if you have a VV. If not then don't worry about the voltage.

It has the long wicks. 1.8 coil and 3.7 on vv

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
It has the long wicks. 1.8 coil and 3.7 on vv

Is this the first time using a Vivi Nova with the first head? Maybe you just got a bad one or something. In over a year I have never had issues with burnt taste, and I never really had to tip it except when it got low and incidental tipping like with just laying it down or regular hand movement.

The main issue I ever had was accidentally over filling it and getting some gurgling sometimes if over filled. Other then that it is my fav other then my Russian 91. I still use mine to this day.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
My first Vivi Novas worked like a charm, but then later ones started getting a burned taste almost immediately out of the box (all 1.8 ohms). I never found a cure for it. Now I rebuild even new coils with 1.8 ohm and cotton yarn for great vape and no burnt taste. I like the Nova better than my Kayfuns now. I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you want out of the box use then I would move to a different atomizer.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Is this the first time using a Vivi Nova with the first head? Maybe you just got a bad one or something. In over a year I have never had issues with burnt taste, and I never really had to tip it except when it got low and incidental tipping like with just laying it down or regular hand movement.

The main issue I ever had was accidentally over filling it and getting some gurgling sometimes if over filled. Other then that it is my fav other then my Russian 91. I still use mine to this day.
Yes first time and first time with this head. I have the worst...I mean WORST luck with coils. Got a bad batch with my nautilus and now this. I'm not into rebuilding couls and such. It's still too new to me. I'm one of those...dagnabit. ..it should work out of the damn box kind of people

CastleRat

Jun 4, 2014
Utica, MI, USA
I had a similar problem with my iclear 30. The silicone cap was crushing the wick. I used a leather punch like this but much older:

Leather Hole Punch Tool, Heavy Duty 2.0mm - 4.5mm - - Amazon.com

I simply remove a half circle where it touched the wick. What a difference it made! Don't try this if you don't have a spare cap ( they usually come with replacement heads). Not that I ever messed one up. :oops:

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I will try that. I tend to give up on things if they don't work right out of the box. I need to remember that I spent 30 years on something that got me no where but sick. A few minutes to figure out something that is good won't kill me

Well a lot of people stopped using these because of the wicking thing you're talking about. But for me, when I smoked I often played with my cigarette while smoking it so it wasn't very weird or annoying to turn it on its' side & get the wicks wet. It felt like what I might do while playing with a cigarette. Now I have a REO & play with the door all the time so nothing's really changed for me in that area lol.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
I had a similar problem with my iclear 30. The silicone cap was crushing the wick. I used a leather punch like this but much older:

Leather Hole Punch Tool, Heavy Duty 2.0mm - 4.5mm - - Amazon.com

I simply remove a half circle where it touched the wick. What a difference it made! Don't try this if you don't have a spare cap ( they usually come with replacement heads). Not that I ever messed one up. :oops:

I had to do this when I was vapping 100% VG especially Bobbas Bounty. I just cut a half circle with a sharp knife or razor where the wick hits it

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
You also have to learn how to "vape". You could be sucking too hard, to long, or other things, that make the coil area go dry. You also have to learn to stop pressing the fire button before you quit your draw so that it lessens condensation in the tube.

They still make them and I just dug out two mini clones that I put away because I couldn't buy coils and couldn't recoil/rewick them properly. I used rayon and both work great.

Top coils don't leak from pressure changes from temp and altitude.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Funny, the first coil I used started off bad and never got better. Went to a local vape store and bought two 1.8's. Was told by the vapehead behind the counter to alternate the coils and wash them, let them dry and give them a dry fire before fillig the tank. I try to wash them after two or three fills. These two coils have lasted for 90+ ml of pg heavy juice.

Have been vaping constantly at 3.8v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread