Vivi Novas and alcohol don't mix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My standard cleaning method for attys, cartos and Stardusts has been to disassemble (if necessary), flush with hot tap water, chuck into a cheapie ultrasonic cleaner, top off with 91% isopropyl alcohol, give everything several four-minute blasts, remove, let dry and then reassemble. If called for (attys and Stardusts), I then dry-burn before filling.

Lots of you folks employ some variant of this routine or use isopropyl alcohol to get everything squeaky-clean.

Word to the wise, though: Vivi Nova transparent plastic cylinders and 91% isopropyl alcohol don't play well together.

After a couple of ultrasonic blasts, my Vivi Nova cylinders lost their markings and turned frosty. Two that were touching fused together! Nothing happened to the heads, though, except to get clean. These were Vivi Nova V2's; maybe the cylinder material on the V1's is different.

So I encourage folks to simply rinse the plastic cylinders in water and dry thoroughly.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Good to know I guess but not surprising. I have never nor would ever put anything plastic in alcohol to clean it. I have and do use alcohol to clean cartos, attys, filler, wicks etc. but I don't think anyone would recommend it for plastic. With plastic parts just use warm water, dry them of and be done with it.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
I thought this thread was going to be about getting drunk and trying to take your vivi nova off the battery, but unscrewing the tank off the base instead, spilling your juice everywhere. Because yeah... I found out vivi novas and alcohol don't mix as well :p

When I clean my novas (and stardusts, clearos, atomizers, etc) I use a drop of dawn diluted int warm water in the ultrasonic cleaner, do one cycle, then rinse them under running water and put them through two more cycles, one warm, the second cold, changing the water each time.

While we're on the subject of "vape laundry", if you let your stuff air-dry, this grass drying rack is the best for holding up all the small pieces and allowing for air flow. I picked it up at Target in the baby section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread