Vladdin RE review. How does it stack up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Guys well I have been using the Vladdin RE pod for over a month now so it's had a worthy test of its capabilities.

I won this pod in a competition here and was asked to do a review but as always will give my honest opinion whatever the outcome in the testing phase.

The Vladdin is a pretty simple pod with a battery stick, pod and usb cable for charging. The pack also come with a warranty card and instruction card. Replacement pods can be bought separately and come in packs of 4. The Vladdin pod can be bought for around 23 euros and the replacement pods will set you back around 16 euros so approximately 4€ each.

20190326_130934.jpg

20190326_131057.jpg

To start you just need to charge the battery stick via the usb and and the mini usb port which is located at the end of the device furthest away from the pod. As you can see from the above picture the pod stands up on a flat surface without any problems. When charged it is just a matter of inserting the pod into the battery stick and it's ready to vape. The 350 Mah battery will charge in approximately 1hr 15 minutes from empty which is a big plus.

The pods have an outer cap/mouthpiece which pulls off to allow filling. There are two holes in the top of the pod which are sealed with a soft silicone plug. It is a simple affaire to remove the plug and then fill using one of the two holes available. I've not had any problems with spillage when filling, the two holes mean that you can fill as fast as you wish without any mess.

20190326_131239.jpg

The Vladdin is a draw activated device with a five second shut off on the draw to prevent the coil from over heating. The draw is very quiet and smooth and I use it with a restricted direct to lung style and sometimes a mouth to lung. It is not really designed as a direct to lung device and is perfect for a mouth to lung vaper or somebody trying to give up cigarettes an option to which it is well suited. The flavour is really good for a low voltage device and I am impressed. I make my own DIY salt nicotine and currently I'm using a strawberry cream flavour which, surprisingly, has a very distinct cream note. Pods are often said to be difficult with creams and complex flavours and said to need a simple recipe to get the best out of them.

20190326_131331.jpg

Conclusion

The vladdin RE kit is a simple device which will suit the starter vaper and will particularly be good for those giving up smoking. It will also suit the seasoned vaper as a stealth device or a salt nic delivery device. I use mine for both purposes and have found that the battery longevity impressive as long as you don't try and chain vape. A battery has lasted me the whole day when using it at my frequent work meetings. I do use a separate device as well and I think i would advise that you had two devices at least if it was going to be your all day vape exclusively.

The pod longevity has had mixed reports here on this forum but I have to say that I am really impressed. Although, I was sent the Vladdin RE plus a pack of replacement pods I am still on the one that came with the kit and have, to date, not experience a coil failure. My device has been used daily for around 4 weeks and has had approximately 50mls of salt nic eliquid put through this first pod. A big, big plus.

All in all a very simple to use, light device which can easily slip into a shirt front pocket and be used when needed. I would suggest that a second one is taken out with you as a back up. The refillable pods are easy to use and I have had zero leaking so far. A nice idea would be to take a spare pod out with you filled with a different flavour for when you fancy a change.

Do I recommend the Vladdin? Well yes based on its current performance and my experience I would definitely put this one forward as a useful and well built device which has no real downsides. The design, build quality and suggested use does what it says on the tin :)

See you on the next review.....Charlie :D

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
No. You could do it by feel if necessary. Mind you come to think about it that applies to most vaping devices

Cool thanks.

This seems a well reviewed product from verified purchasers at vape shop sites - your actually saying much the same as most from what I can tell - so I just wanted to zero in on some questions that would relate more to people who have extra life experience points.. :)

Thank you for all your help. It definitely seems a good find!

• Winner
Reactions: charlie1465

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
The pods are easy to remove from the battery.

Although not difficult, the black plastic sleeve (which serves as the mouthpiece) needs a decent pull to remove it from the pod for refilling. It's not too difficult though. The rubber bung that plugs the fill holes is really small but ok to work with.

It's very light and quite nice to use.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The pods are easy to remove from the battery.

Although not difficult, the black plastic sleeve (which serves as the mouthpiece) needs a decent pull to remove it from the pod for refilling. It's not too difficult though. The rubber bung that plugs the fill holes is really small but ok to work with.

It's very light and quite nice to use.

Cool thank you!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well isn’t that interesting. There are either two identical posts or the problems I reported having earlier got removed. Very shady.

There is nothing shady. There are two threads in two different forums, and your posts still stand in the other thread which is in the manufacturers forum ...

• Winner
Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Well isn’t that interesting. There are either two identical posts or the problems I reported having earlier got removed. Very shady.

Lol...I posted this review once in the Vladdin forum and once in the pod discussion forum....your posts are still there....:lol:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is nothing shady. There are two threads in two different forums, and your posts still stand in the other thread which is in the manufacturers forum ...
Ah. That makes sense. They were oriented in that direction and more useful there anyway.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I've had my Vladdin RE for a similar amount of time. It has more impressive flavor than my 100W RTA and with 50mg salt nic can provide just as much satisfaction. I'd describe the construction as excellent and durable. But more needs to be said about what happens when you try to refill a pod.

First, after you've vaped through half a tank you'll get some caramelized juice rising up the chimney.
gunk.jpg

This stuff is not bad tasting but it will hit your tongue like spitback and needs to be cleared. To clear it you have to remove the cap and stuff a twisted strip of tissue paper down the chimney to soak it up.
twisted tissue.jpg

Second, when you refill the pod and fit the gasket back into the fill holes, there will be some positive pressure in the tank. The will cause juice to be forced out in two places: up into the chimney as above, and below through the air hole in the bottom.
IMG_20190304_112713200.jpg

That means before attaching the cap you should let the pod sit for a few minutes on a piece of tissue paper with a strip of twisted tissue down the chimney. Once the pressure is equalized very little juice will escape.

Third, after a day of normal use, a small amount of juice will have accumulated on the contacts beneath the pod and where it meets the device.
IMG_20190329_231126845.jpg
IMG_20190304_113301167.jpg

This won't impact performance, but is kinda messy. Daily cleaning with a Q-tip will prevent this from getting out of hand.

These issues are not particularly severe. The integrity of the electronics is not compromised. And juice doesn't actually escape the device itself. But worth knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread