Vmod 2.0 and Vmod XL question (Batteries, atomizers, cartomizers,etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazelnut

Jul 24, 2012
Spain
Dear friends.

I have a Vmod XL and now I have a little Vmod 2.0 (my wife gave it to me but she got confused and bought the tiny VMOD instead the XL, and she bought the package without batteries and no charger).

looking batteries I found this video where you see a guy using 2 batteries IFR 14250 in the vmod 2.0 (i have no idea what brand is IFR).

This is the video:

My doubts:

1. Does anyone here have tried VMOD 2.0 with these two batteries? The VMOD 2.0 works well in this way with no problems? what atomizers or cartomizers I need to use vmod 2.0 with 2 batteries?

2. I can use 2 batteries in the vmod xl? what batteries? recommend you using two batteries or is it better just using a 18650?

3. After 3 months using Vmod XL with vapage cartomizers silo 1.8. my impression is that they offer good vapor and flavor but for a short time, three or four days and next they die. This is very bad news for my money. What are the atomizers or cartomizers which are more lasting for this device? At least some attys or cartos who resist a couple of weeks with vmod xl

4. What is the best 18650 battery for vmod xl, and where I can buy it?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I don't stack batteries....my decision. Others do. There are some good threads discussing this subject for all devices.

For me -- 3 to 4 days on a carto is good. Many say a week or two -- but that just hasn't been my experience most of the time. I have had a silo be an energizer bunny -- but not consistently. Also, I have experienced little variance on longevity between brands. YMMV

I highly recommend the Vapage Hybrid BF Atty for vmod2 and vmodXL. The 1.5 and 2.0's sold at Vapage is a newer version of the one that people have been getting with their kits. It's called "slant coil spec" and is a gem. The Hybrid was a good atty---the Slant Coil Spec (sometimes called shifu spec) is simply much better. And, it is lasting longer than any atty I have owned.

I now use the Shifu/Slant Coil Spec on both my vmod2 and XL. The little guy is quite nice---just have to change the batteries a lot more.
131835d1319931935-contests-purring_-1.gif

In the past people also used 306's, 510's, earlier Hybrids and a couple of high end designer atties. Most are now using the Slant Coil Spec Hybrid BF Atty. It's that good.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Batteries --- I tend to recommend RTD or Super T for good places to buy.

I've been an AW fan. I use both the AW IMR (High Drain) Red ones and the Black IC Protected ones. The Panasonic CGR1850CH are becoming quite popular and just might be the best of both worlds. I would not try to find better deals or cheaper brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread