Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Sounds like you have a vmod or a vmod2. They use a 14500 battery.

If it's the vapor that is really hot --- you should use a higher ohm atty.

The case of an atty does get quite hot when vaping. It can be good to take a break and let it cool off a bit.

There are probably several reasons on the very little vapor part. Some are --

too wet
batteries are old or wearing down
atty needs to be replaced -- worn out

The vmod also likes baths. Take it apart and clean the chassis with warm water and let it dry completely.

And -- almost everything you can read about the XL is the same for the vmod2. The major difference is the size battery.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I jumped on the 50% off sale and got me a V2 last night. It'll be my first BF mod, and after reading thru parts of some of the long threads, I'm really hoping it will make my day when I get it! Even with the learning curve I'm sure to go through while figuring out its sweet spot, I really can't wait to start playing around- not to mention it's probably the sexiest BF mod I've ever laid eyes on (which is part of the reason I haven't bought one of the expensive walki-talkie units that everyone refers to as "works of art"- I mean, really? come on, now...).

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Love the Vmod!

te7yvaqu.jpg

ane6ebu8.jpg

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I got a Vmod 2.0 about a week ago with the $30 off coupon code. At first I was having problems like you desribed; little vapor and heat. I found that I wasn't feeding it right. There's a short video on another thread by AG which introduces the Vmod, and one point he demonstrates feeding it. you tilt it and give it a little sqeeze on the bottle. Watching this a few times while trying it on mine got me to the point of understanding this little unit and the subtle touch it takes to make it function well. Now I get as many huge hits off of it as i could ask for. I'm using the 2.0 atty that comes with the kit, and changing out the battery when the vapor gets a little weak, and I've been really enjoying this thing! Just give the video a try, keep working with it, and you'll get it; and you'll be really stoked when you do (pun)

Thanks AG for the instruction, I'd probably be still struggling without it!!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I jumped on the 50% off sale and got me a V2 last night. It'll be my first BF mod, and after reading thru parts of some of the long threads, I'm really hoping it will make my day when I get it! Even with the learning curve I'm sure to go through while figuring out its sweet spot, I really can't wait to start playing around- not to mention it's probably the sexiest BF mod I've ever laid eyes on (which is part of the reason I haven't bought one of the expensive walki-talkie units that everyone refers to as "works of art"- I mean, really? come on, now...).

There's a good many people that find the quality of say, a 6 year old Kia acceptable, and drive them every day because that's all they know. It as also perhaps all their budget will tolerate, so the find a way to convince themselves that it must be the same as driving a new Honda.

The "work of art" being referred to is the quality, simplicity and durability afforded by a hand crafted, solid aluminum mod. Unless you have held one in your hand, it would be hard to understand.

To me, the " work of art" equates to the no BS, fill the bottle (that isn't designed to break in 30 days) with juice, put in a battery and vape all day reality of REO ownership.

Unless you have experienced it, it is probably hard to visualize.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
ive got the vmod 2.0. got it for 50% off. otherwise, i wouldnt have even purchased a bottom feeder. ive got plenty of mods, this just came across my radar and i scooped it up back in September.

its a great little device. i like the light weight of it, the small size, and the fact that its mechanical.

i dont like how i cant Kick it, but whatever. im can tolerate unregulation in 1 of my mods.

i use the 1.5ohm atty. the 2.0 doesnt get hot enough or produce enough watts for my liking. however, a fully charged batt on the 1.5 is just a tad too hot and burns my juice. my solution: charge the batt to 3.9-4.0v. if i accidentally charge the batt 100% to 4.2v, i use the 2.0ohm atty that came with it until the batt goes down to my sweet range.

as far as feeding goes, this is what i do and it works well for me. i tilt the device at about 45 degrees. watch for 2 bubbles. then place the device upright and squeeze the bottle gently. youll hear suction. then i take a dry pull, listening for the gurgle. if i get a slight gurgle or no gurgle at all, i will squeeze the bottle again while its in its upright position. another good, longer dry pull. if still no gurgle, tilt again and watch for a bubble. repeat the tilt, bubble, squeeze method until i feel/hear a sufficient gurgle. after i take my vape, i may not need to tilt again for a draw or even several draws. just take dry pulls and squeeze the bottle while in the upright position. in extreme cases of no gurgle, you can hold the device at 180 degrees, squeeze the bottle ever so slightly and take a large dry pull. this will suck the juice from the bottle into the proper channel.

hope that helps. :vapor:

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
There's a good many people that find the quality of say, a 6 year old Kia acceptable, and drive them every day because that's all they know. It as also perhaps all their budget will tolerate, so the find a way to convince themselves that it must be the same as driving a new Honda.

The "work of art" being referred to is the quality, simplicity and durability afforded by a hand crafted, solid aluminum mod. Unless you have held one in your hand, it would be hard to understand.

To me, the " work of art" equates to the no BS, fill the bottle (that isn't designed to break in 30 days) with juice, put in a battery and vape all day reality of REO ownership.

Unless you have experienced it, it is probably hard to visualize.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun.

I agree that the VMOD looks sexy. But, here's the question. Can you drive over it with your car, dust it off and take a vape? I don't enjoy plastic mods in the slightest.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I can understand some concern about plastic. The vmod is not like other plastic mods I've seen or owned. The feed chamber and all the connections are steel, the chassis is a tough plastic and it has an aluminum protective case/shell. It really is an innovative design and a great feeder.

And, with occasional 2 for one sales going on (like now), it could be a great intro to feeders/apvs for those looking into trying one.

I bought an XL for Xmas last year. It's seen a lot of use and is still doing quite fine. The shell/cases hold up well, too. I barely have one teeny tiny mark on one shell -- and I can't say I'm delicate or overly careful with my mods. Due to the Shi-fu/slant coil spec atty, it's become my go to 3.7 device and not mostly just an out and about mod.

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
I see this type of posting all through the boards with absolutely NO EXPLANATION of the dislike... WHY??? If you are going to take the time to post a negative comment please explain the reason for your displeasure with a product... Maybe its a case of operator error that someone out that can fix for you and change your bad experience into a good one... If its a manufacturing issue contact the company and explain the problem, you would be surprised how many will go the extra to make it right... I know Vmod (skinny) will do back-flips to make it right... If CS hasn't satisfied you and you still think more needs/ should be done contact skinny, look him up and send a PM...

two words: stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread