Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Picture101-1.jpg

Very fast shipping all three times I sent this one back! Too bad it still leaks....

I'm sorry about your trouble, all three of them. I had a similar result with two bottles that split right by the thread. I do think this picture would make an awesome advertisement for a Reo though. Just saying.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I'm sorry about your trouble, all three of them. I had a similar result with two bottles that split right by the thread. I do think this picture would make an awesome advertisement for a Reo though. Just saying.

Yes, very awesome advertisement for reo 8)
This thing is a POS, and it went to the trash can since I couldnt get a refund.

P7040004.jpg

Reos ... 8)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I have been quite satisfied with mine for the year I have had it. Been satisfied with the level of customer service that Vapage gives as well. Top notch company in my opinion with a top notch APV... I would've had a couple of REO's by now if, (in my opinion), they weren't overpriced... The company I owned, (sold off now), catered to the likes of manufacturers such as Rob's, (for 30+ yrs), and I have a very good idea of what it takes to machine, plate, paint or anodize, and assemble a product such as what he sells. Still can't understand why the R&D costs are still passed on to the consumer though. Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I will probably still own one some day, because it is a quality APV, just overpriced...

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I have been quite satisfied with mine for the year I have had it. Been satisfied with the level of customer service that Vapage gives as well. Top notch company in my opinion with a top notch APV... I would've had a couple of REO's by now if, (in my opinion), they weren't overpriced... The company I owned, (sold off now), catered to the likes of manufacturers such as Rob's, (for 30+ yrs), and I have a very good idea of what it takes to machine, plate, paint or anodize, and assemble a product such as what he sells. Still can't understand why the R&D costs are still passed on to the consumer though. Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I will probably still own one some day, because it is a quality APV, just overpriced...

Well, yup. Most mods are overpriced. I doubt provari actually costs over $200 in parts. I doubt that Vapage's ego charger costs twice more to make compared to identical ones from other vendors. Or that their proprietary bottles are worth 3 times more than standard.

Prices are governed more by what people are willing to pay, not what it costs to make.

When VMod is bought at a good sale, it's definitely worth the money. Just as the Gripper is worth its price, and a lot of people like them. But even though Gripper is available, some people still buy Provaris :)

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
A REO is a REO and a VMod is a VMod... Apples:Oranges. Sorry you had a bad experience, but from mine, they are few and far between. I know quite a few people who have several VMods, and they all love them close to a year after purchase still. And when you paid 37.50 on a 50% off sale, its pretty easy to like.

Beyond that though, there are those of us -- and you might find this shocking -- that just flat out don't like the form factor of the REO. I'm not interested in a straight box-looking mod, bottom-fed or not. Not everyone's tastes are the same, and I promise there are many VMod owners who are VMod owners because even with price taken out of the factor they're just not interested in what the REO has to offer.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
A REO is a REO and a VMod is a VMod... Apples:Oranges. Sorry you had a bad experience, but from mine, they are few and far between. I know quite a few people who have several VMods, and they all love them close to a year after purchase still. And when you paid 37.50 on a 50% off sale, its pretty easy to like.

Beyond that though, there are those of us -- and you might find this shocking -- that just flat out don't like the form factor of the REO. I'm not interested in a straight box-looking mod, bottom-fed or not. Not everyone's tastes are the same, and I promise there are many VMod owners who are VMod owners because even with price taken out of the factor they're just not interested in what the REO has to offer.

I understand and agree with you. For example, even though I know that Provari is a very well built mod, I have no plans to use one, even with price set aside. I prefer bottom feeders.

Since you brought up form factors, there will be people that prefer Vamo over Provari, and the other way around. It's a good thing, it makes for a good market.

But: if hissing from Vamo's PWM or rattle of its battery bothers you, the logical direction is to get a Provari. Similarly, if your VMod does leak, your bottles split, or you want to reliably put an RBA on it, the logical direction is a closest functioning, better built, and yes, more expensive mod. If you are not having those issues, and are perfectly happy with a VMod, great, you saved quite a bit of money.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Okay....please don't laugh....I could not figure out how to get the bottle out. I kept reading the instructions...load the battery, fill the bottle...say what???? how???? My eyes read the...screw it into the chamber part but it did not CONNECT in the noggin for 5 bleeping minutes. I guess I was still excited that it came a day early.

Now you can laugh 'cause I sure did :laugh:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Okay....please don't laugh....I could not figure out how to get the bottle out. I kept reading the instructions...load the battery, fill the bottle...say what???? how???? My eyes read the...screw it into the chamber part but it did not CONNECT in the noggin for 5 bleeping minutes. I guess I was still excited that it came a day early.

Now you can laugh 'cause I sure did :laugh:

Hope you got it figured out and are vaping and loving your Vmod now. By the way that sounds exactly like something I would do. Lol

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Nope, not laughing :)

There's a cone on top, it unscrews. Then you can pull the plastic body of the mod from the shell. The bottle unscrews from the plastic body.

I figured out the cone part LOL just the bottle gave me a challenge.

Hope you got it figured out and are vaping and loving your Vmod now. By the way that sounds exactly like something I would do. Lol

Well you're gonna love this one then....I enjoyed my Vmod for 20 minutes....it would help if I CHARGED my batteries, don't ya think?? This girl is on fire :evil:...I mean really senior moments :oops:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
So I have been using my 2.0 for 24 hours now and I have to say this is the best thing ever!

Yes, I agree. I have two and thinking of getting more when the 50% off sale comes. Today they sent an e-mail for 30% off but I'm holding out for half off.

mecocia I had a hard time too getting that bottle loose. I used plyers to try to unscrew it so I asked my husband for help and he said I was turning it the wrong way. You are not alone, lol.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have really taken to this. I used the VMOD XL exclusively yesterday and vaped it for hours. I had been "squonking" it and realised it doesn't take much pressure to direct ejuice to the atty. I've ordered some more attys from a local vendor. I don't usually use mods for several hours at a time that go solely by battery voltage - I use them for shorter bursts generally. I've been impressed with the number of hours I get good vapor production with the VMOD XL though and have been using it non-stop. I like my AGA-T+ but that's not an out and about type thing due to the weight and how it is set up. The VMOD is great for just grabbing and taking out the door - and I have already used it while driving.

Last edited:

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
Don't wait until you get the dry hit to feed your carto, you can feed it a little every few hits and keep it wet. Nice thing is if you over feed it you can set it down for a few minutes and it will drain back into your feed chamber and down to the bottle. If you tilt the Vmod up as you take a hit it will feed itself. The only time I find myself squeezing the bottle to feed is after a bottle gets less than half full. I agree with corruption42 attys are the way to go and the Vapage Slant Coil in 1.5 or 2.0 ohms are great.

Oh, no problems exactly. Just different than I'm used to from tube mods and Vivis. I need larger cartos and with more absorbant material in it to keep from squonking so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread