Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Don't wait until you get the dry hit to feed your carto, you can feed it a little every few hits and keep it wet. Nice thing is if you over feed it you can set it down for a few minutes and it will drain back into your feed chamber and down to the bottle. If you tilt the Vmod up as you take a hit it will feed itself. The only time I find myself squeezing the bottle to feed is after a bottle gets less than half full. I agree with corruption42 attys are the way to go and the Vapage Slant Coil in 1.5 or 2.0 ohms are great.

I tried the carto first and got sick of trying to figure it out while inhaling burnt hits. Switched to the atty - have vaped with it for two days up until tonight when I gave my rba a turn on another mod. Now I don't see the point of using cartos with the VMOd since I can vape continuously with an atty anyway. Nice flavor with the atty too.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I'm having a real hard time with the hybird atty. I dropped 6 drops in it like the instructions said to do and the hits are awful and burn my throat. I squonked and turned the Vmod at an angle to get juice up there and still a bad hit. I much prefer the carto, no problems. What am I doing wrong with the atty. I have 4 of them and would like to use them seeing as I paid so much for them. HELP is needed......

kiwi the cart takes more than 6 drops -I usually put 8 or 9 on a new one. It has to be kept wet to work properly and I top it off once a day with 2 or 3 drops. If you flood it just blow it out.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I'm having a real hard time with the hybird atty. I dropped 6 drops in it like the instructions said to do and the hits are awful and burn my throat. I squonked and turned the Vmod at an angle to get juice up there and still a bad hit. I much prefer the carto, no problems. What am I doing wrong with the atty. I have 4 of them and would like to use them seeing as I paid so much for them.

I give the bottle a light squeeze when the VMod is at an angle, and then another light squeeze when its upright again. It can take a few goes but once you get it it works every time.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
I tried dripping. It never really was for me. It's not like I don't like my XL or anything, it's just a different experience from say a CE4+.

That it is... but its also not dripping. As kiwi said, once you get a feel for how much to feed, the atomizers work just as seamlessly as the cartomizers. Another trick I've found (copied from a thread on squonking REO's.. man I hate the term 'squonking') is to tilt the vmod more or less horizontal and give the bottle a squeeze, followed by a light dry suck on the atomizer. you'll feel the pressure shift of the juice flowing from the bottle, into the catch assembly, and finally into the atomizer. This gives me a perfectly wet atomizer every time.

Edit: I didn't quite make that clear... if its confusing me, its not clear enough. Lemme line it out :)

-Tip VMod horizontal, as if about to take a puff
-Squeeze bottle of vmod, keep it depressed
-Suck *LIGHTLY* on the drip tip -- feel for the pressure shift, followed by the identifiable 'gurgle' of a wet atomizer
-Release bottle, wait a few seconds for air pressure to re-stabilize in the bottle
-Blow clouds :)

Last edited:

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
It can take a few goes but once you get it it works every time.

"60% of the time, it works every time." :laugh:

But kiwi's right -- its just a matter of figuring out the technique that works for you... you'll likely find several. I use the method mentioned by kiwi, as well as the method I outlined above frequently.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
I love my Vmod....however I switched my carto to 1.7 'cause the 2.2 just wasn't doing it for me. As much as I love mini's, I think I'll have to get the XL when it's on sale. Just getting used to holding it while vaping...lets just say my pinky is getting a cramp from using it as a "holder" :laugh:
I suppose I could find another comfortable position to hold it in but then I wouldn't have a good excuse for getting the XL.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
I love my Vmod....however I switched my carto to 1.7 'cause the 2.2 just wasn't doing it for me. As much as I love mini's, I think I'll have to get the XL when it's on sale. Just getting used to holding it while vaping...lets just say my pinky is getting a cramp from using it as a "holder" :laugh:
I suppose I could find another comfortable position to hold it in but then I wouldn't have a good excuse for getting the XL.

try using your finger for the trigger, instead of your thumb -- the positioning will be basically the same, but now you have space to rest all 3 fingers across the body with your index finger loose. Plus, if you stick a long barrel atomizer in there, it looks like a little smoking pistol holding it that way :laugh:

Edit: Theres always a good reason for another mod -- "I want another flavor and don't want to have to change out tanks on my vmod to get it!"... it works for me! :D

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
try using your finger for the trigger, instead of your thumb -- the positioning will be basically the same, but now you have space to rest all 3 fingers across the body with your index finger loose. Plus, if you stick a long barrel atomizer in there, it looks like a little smoking pistol holding it that way :laugh:

Just don't point it at anyone!

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
Just don't point it at anyone!

I've gotten a number of looks with my silver vmod w/ longbarrel HH.357 atty... always horrified. I'll put it in my mouth, and they get the look that they're about to scream "NO DON'T DO IT" til they realize I'm puffing on something. I actually enjoy it :D

sacricide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
sacramento
as much as i want this vmod, ive been getting tired of bumming my gf PV's and i really thought this might be the device for me, but the biggest downfall for me atm, is the devices best size is with cartos or atomizers for me (not A7 rba) , i was worried about getting into that territory, seems like cartos, atomizers dont last too long?? felt like it would become a waste of money

i might have to hold off on this one till theres another 50% off coupon

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
Reportedly, some of the atmos last a very long time, like the Cisco HH 357. I've seen people claiming months of life from those.

The Vapage Hybrid Shifu attys seem to have great life. I've got a 2.0 ohm that's been in use since Oct, yes I said Oct. It gets a hour soaking in PGA weekly. A lot depends on the juice flavor and not letting them get dry.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
Reportedly, some of the atmos last a very long time, like the Cisco HH 357. I've seen people claiming months of life from those.

What he said. I have about 10 HH.357's, and I've yet to kill one. My youngest is about a month old, my oldest almost a year. Likewise, I also still have all of the bottom feeder atomizers I got during a 50% off sale from Vapage last year -- I've not killed any of those. The Joye 510 and similar atomizers do tend to pop fairly quickly in my experience, but the hybrid atomizers like the Cisco's, HH.357's. and Vapage ones usually last quite some time.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
The Vapage Hybrid Shifu attys seem to have great life. I've got a 2.0 ohm that's been in use since Oct, yes I said Oct. It gets a hour soaking in PGA weekly. A lot depends on the juice flavor and not letting them get dry.

I respectfully disagree about the dryness -- I dry my atties out frequently to bone dry before storing them. I've yet to lose a hybrid atty using this method; my oldest are all over 10 months old.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
I respectfully disagree about the dryness -- I dry my atties out frequently to bone dry before storing them. I've yet to lose a hybrid atty using this method; my oldest are all over 10 months old.

I think he meant the atty should be kept wet while in use, but I could be wrong.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
I think he meant the atty should be kept wet while in use, but I could be wrong.

I doubt it -- its a common misconception that PG and VG 'lube' the coils and keep them healthy. In my experience, its more about not dry burning your coils often, properly cleaning your attys often, and being conservative on how long (and how hot) you run your atomizers between cleanings. Look around; theres lots of people who give out this advice -- its even on the product page for HH.357's on AvidVaper. I however have not found it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread